Australia Day

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15048
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2023, 12:34 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 26, 2023, 11:49 am
Before anyone tries to report this comment, Facebook has accepted it several times ......
God help us - Facebook is now the standard for what is reasonable, good and fair. ;)

There are so many things wrong in that diatribe that I couldn't even start to list them - but hey, it's Facebook, so it must be right. 🤣



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Australia Day

Post by tamada » January 26, 2023, 1:47 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2023, 12:34 pm
trekkertony wrote:
January 26, 2023, 11:49 am
Before anyone tries to report this comment, Facebook has accepted it several times ......
God help us - Facebook is now the standard for what is reasonable, good and fair. ;)

There are so many things wrong in that diatribe that I couldn't even start to list them - but hey, it's Facebook, so it must be right. 🤣
Absolutely nothing wrong with Facebook now they've welcomed "45" back into the fold.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Australia Day

Post by tamada » January 26, 2023, 2:32 pm

A Kiwi and an Aussie are fishing one afternoon and have a couple of cold beers. After a while the Aussie says to the Kiwi, "If I was to sneak over to your house and made wild passionate love to your wife while you were at work, and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us related?" The Kiwi after a great deal of thought, says, "I don't know about related, but it sure would make us even."
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
marjamlew
udonmap.com
Posts: 2104
Joined: March 13, 2006, 2:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Australia Day

Post by marjamlew » January 26, 2023, 3:25 pm

For those that no longer live in Australia here's a look at how the day was observed on the land of the Wurundjeri people -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8_Djb14jI
Watch Me!!

User avatar
Earnest
udonmap.com
Posts: 4185
Joined: January 14, 2014, 3:56 am
Location: On the edge of the Fens.

Re: Australia Day

Post by Earnest » January 26, 2023, 3:34 pm

Sport wrote:
January 25, 2023, 6:09 am
Dont go sticking your chin out too far Earnest, JS a half baked pom and DM and maybe a few other poms. Reflect back to the Boer wars where the almighty England massacred and starved to death probably 30,000 men women and children in the concentration camps, and the native Africans, killed by the thousands under the English flag.
Hmm, you can't blame Jack for Aboriginal massacres because he's a half-baked Pom. I know he irritates people now and again but you can't lay that at his door too. English flag or the Union flag? Are you aware of the difference?

I accept that the British committed atrocities in the the Empire's name, obviously nothing to be proud of. I'm saying that white Australia can't accept it played a part too; white settlers in Australia - they're your collective descendants.

So is Australia Day inclusive? Do the indigenous people celebrate it too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-64341454
Good times for a change.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 4097
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 5:25 pm

Bump
Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 7:59 pm
Cool Bob.

1. Kings Cross Youth refuge was pre internet, but Rev Bill Crews from Oddessy house was involved, we are connected still on LinkedIn, he can verify this.

2. I have already been challenged by others on this site in the past. I provided a pic of me in RFS uniform in action, can easily do again.

3. I have heaps of pics of me distributing food with my mate at Ban Nong Sa-at, so easily proven.

4. Quite a few years since I was VP at Kariong Neighbourhood Centre but Liesl Tesch , member for Gosford can verify this. I have her letter thanking me for my Community Service on my computer to verify my involvement, I am sure Liesl will verify that if I ask her. Better still, The Hon John Della Bosca (OAM) former Minister for eduction and health in NSW can verify the RFS and Neighbourhood centre.

So put your money where your mouth is. A bet, $5000 Australian dollars if my statement is false. OK. I could do with the $5000 as my divorce last year was a tad expensive.

So photo proof, Australia's one time father of the year, a former minister of the crown, and a member of the NSW parliament should suffice? No?

Udon Map to look at evidence and Adjudiicate, hopefully if he agrees, but I am sure we can find somebody else if he does not want to be involved.

So put your money where your mouth is.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: Australia Day

Post by Sport » January 26, 2023, 5:50 pm

marjamlew wrote:
January 26, 2023, 3:25 pm
For those that no longer live in Australia here's a look at how the day was observed on the land of the Wurundjeri people -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8_Djb14jI
What the foook is land of the wurundjeri, speak English, where is this place. And the video shows demonstrators against Australia Day declaring it was an invasion on Australia by the Brits 'its a war' they said, led by that filthy scum piece of nonsense lydia thorpe a half cast whose father is white.

Go back to your class room teacher and put both sides of the case, not just the agitators declaring war in Australia.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 4097
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 5:52 pm

"Over $30 billion a year for 460,000 people is hopelessly disproportionate to the whites in Australia. A quick sum says Aboriginal people receive $47,000 per head of population as opposed to less than $22,000 per head for the rest of us".

Maybe worth thinking about these figures a bit more deeply.

Aboriginals, particularly in remote communities are over represented as being in the poorest section of our nation. The government spends more on poor people with welfare than it does on those who are better off. So is the higher spending per capita because they are aboriginal, or because they are poor?

The real test is does the government spend less on poor whites than they do on poor blacks?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: Australia Day

Post by Sport » January 26, 2023, 6:07 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 26, 2023, 3:34 pm
Sport wrote:
January 25, 2023, 6:09 am
Dont go sticking your chin out too far Earnest, JS a half baked pom and DM and maybe a few other poms. Reflect back to the Boer wars where the almighty England massacred and starved to death probably 30,000 men women and children in the concentration camps, and the native Africans, killed by the thousands under the English flag.
Hmm, you can't blame Jack for Aboriginal massacres because he's a half-baked Pom. I know he irritates people now and again but you can't lay that at his door too. English flag or the Union flag? Are you aware of the difference?

I accept that the British committed atrocities in the the Empire's name, obviously nothing to be proud of. I'm saying that white Australia can't accept it played a part too; white settlers in Australia - they're your collective descendants.

So is Australia Day inclusive? Do the indigenous people celebrate it too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-64341454
[/quote

I do know the difference of the flags. And do accept our ancestors did atrocious killings to the aboriginal people, but to my knowledge the outright unlawful killings have not occurred for at least 150yrs or maybe more. So maybe 5, 6 or 7 generations ago. I should not be held accountable for what happened all those years ago and neither should any other Australian.

The lefty marjamlew put a link up with organisers and the greens party of Australia Day declaring its a war in Australia. What BS, the only war is in their skulls. And your bbc link also had the knumbskills protesting this rubbish.

If you look at other news coverings, many and I mean many indigenous people celebrated Australia Day.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Australia Day

Post by tamada » January 26, 2023, 6:27 pm

1485393541792.jpg
The indigenous celebrate
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15048
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2023, 7:22 pm

Sport wrote:
January 26, 2023, 6:07 pm
... And do accept our ancestors did atrocious killings to the aboriginal people, but to my knowledge the outright unlawful killings have not occurred for at least 150yrs or maybe more. So maybe 5, 6 or 7 generations ago. I should not be held accountable for what happened all those years ago and neither should any other Australian.
Would you accept 100 years ago ie our grandparents generation?

I have the links if you are interested.
The lefty marjamlew put a link up with organisers and the greens party of Australia Day declaring its a war in Australia. What BS, the only war is in their skulls. And your bbc link also had the knumbskills protesting this rubbish.
If you are going to accuse someone of being a numbskull, at least learn to spell the insult correctly.
If you look at other news coverings, many and I mean many indigenous people celebrated Australia Day.
Would welcome any links you have for this. 👍

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: Australia Day

Post by Sport » January 26, 2023, 7:42 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2023, 7:22 pm
Sport wrote:
January 26, 2023, 6:07 pm
... And do accept our ancestors did atrocious killings to the aboriginal people, but to my knowledge the outright unlawful killings have not occurred for at least 150yrs or maybe more. So maybe 5, 6 or 7 generations ago. I should not be held accountable for what happened all those years ago and neither should any other Australian.
Would you accept 100 years ago ie our grandparents generation?

I have the links if you are interested.
The lefty marjamlew put a link up with organisers and the greens party of Australia Day declaring its a war in Australia. What BS, the only war is in their skulls. And your bbc link also had the knumbskills protesting this rubbish.
If you are going to accuse someone of being a numbskull, at least learn to spell the insult correctly.
If you look at other news coverings, many and I mean many indigenous people celebrated Australia Day.
Would welcome any links you have for this. 👍
Provide the link for 100 yrs ago.
As for spelling, go foook yourself.
Coverings go and look yourself.
Why should you have any say in anything Australian, your only a half backed pom-Aussie, have you got citizenship for Oz. If so put a copy up, no photostating.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15048
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2023, 8:09 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... ustralians

Your turn, Sport.

Foook?

Not sure what a half backed Aussie is - can you expand on that? Tommy Raudonikis perhaps. Or even Ted Whitten maybe?

I am sure our many Pommy members would be interested in my 50% membership of the 10 pound club, given my well documented history of taking the piss from that cohort.

Wrap the flag around yourself Sport, and have a good night's sleep.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Australia Day

Post by tamada » January 27, 2023, 6:18 am

Sport wrote:
January 26, 2023, 7:42 pm
jackspratt wrote:
January 26, 2023, 7:22 pm
Sport wrote:
January 26, 2023, 6:07 pm
... And do accept our ancestors did atrocious killings to the aboriginal people, but to my knowledge the outright unlawful killings have not occurred for at least 150yrs or maybe more. So maybe 5, 6 or 7 generations ago. I should not be held accountable for what happened all those years ago and neither should any other Australian.
Would you accept 100 years ago ie our grandparents generation?

I have the links if you are interested.
The lefty marjamlew put a link up with organisers and the greens party of Australia Day declaring its a war in Australia. What BS, the only war is in their skulls. And your bbc link also had the knumbskills protesting this rubbish.
If you are going to accuse someone of being a numbskull, at least learn to spell the insult correctly.
If you look at other news coverings, many and I mean many indigenous people celebrated Australia Day.
Would welcome any links you have for this. 👍
Provide the link for 100 yrs ago.
As for spelling, go foook yourself.
Coverings go and look yourself.
Why should you have any say in anything Australian, your only a half backed pom-Aussie, have you got citizenship for Oz. If so put a copy up, no photostating.
Trigger'd

(and half cut by the sounds of it)
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15048
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Day

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2023, 8:11 pm

tamada wrote:
January 27, 2023, 6:18 am

(and half cut by the sounds of it)
"half" sounds very kind.

Check out The Voice thread. :shock:

Post Reply

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”