What would be considered "Normal" child support in Udon

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 21, 2015, 8:16 am

You are a sensitive soul at times, coxo. :D

I was agreeing with FDK, because what he described is also my experience where I live ie it is neither "rubbish", nor "nonsense".

Up to you what you do - but your capabilities, decisions and prejudices are not universal, and are open to discussion. ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 21, 2015, 9:02 am

My monthly budget is probably around the 50k a month to feed, house, clothe and transport the family
2 sons (4 + 8 )
2 nephews ( 5 + 7 )
wife and invalid sister plus ma and pa
Other sister works so supplies some food and junk for the her kids
On top of the 50k a month I pay 27k times 2 kids a term for school( 2 terms in a year )
plus books and uniforms for the year of 20k

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » June 21, 2015, 10:33 am

semper48 wrote:Not talking about extras like school stuff or dentist. Just milk, pampers, nanny and clothes for a one year old. Paying for a good health insurance (hospital costs) extra. Mother works full time. Dont want to be cheap, but dont want to be a fool either. Let the numbers flow guys.
Bt15,000 per month.
How did OT get to this figure?
Bt500 or USD15 or GBP10 or AUD19 (approx) per day.
OT could never support a child on £10 per day in the UK, it would be more like £15-20, but being realistic, in Thialand you can support a child on Bt500 so it's fair to assume that it would be Bt15,000 per month.
That is a very realistic figure excluding school fees and health care.
Kids grow up fast so does their requirements eg. clothes, appetite, toys/interests, bed sizes, car seats, shoes and trainers, fashion, pocket money, clubs (football, athletics etc), hobbies, girlfriends, school money snacks, etc the list goes on.

OT............ \:D/

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » June 22, 2015, 5:18 am

I have 2 kids and a strong 10+ year marriage in Udon. If everything went to sht, I would not even think about less than 10k (infant) or 15k (school age) per month for child support. Absolute bare bones is arguably half that for one child, but I would factor that bare minimum would mean my child would be impacted should the mother have to struggle too much or too often as she surely would with just bare minimum.

Indeed, I would personally seek full custody and be done with the support nonsense. Perhaps that is an option for the OP?
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 22, 2015, 6:31 am

15K per month is about right in our situation, 20 yo attending Collage in Udon. On top of school fees etc (about 8K / month) we have accommodation (she has a rented apartment) and additional living away from home expenses (about 7K / month. The 15K does not include the pocket money I give her.

Like in the West and obviously the older they are the more expensive it becomes. BUT I consider it as an investment.
Sin Sot will be in the millions!!! :shock: :-"
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 22, 2015, 2:15 pm

There are some crazy figures here. I don't need nappies, yet, but I do have a good appetite. I give my wife 30,000 baht a month. She pays the utilities, including my Internet, buys all the food and household needs and buys all our clothes, which doesn't amount to much. No way would it cost more than 5,000 baht per month for a baby.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » June 22, 2015, 3:44 pm

glalt wrote:There are some crazy figures here. I don't need nappies, yet, but I do have a good appetite. I give my wife 30,000 baht a month. She pays the utilities, including my Internet, buys all the food and household needs and buys all our clothes, which doesn't amount to much. No way would it cost more than 5,000 baht per month for a baby.

I have to agree, it amazes me how much some people spend over here. 5,000 baht is reasonable child support, unless of course you need your baby to be clad in expensive designer clothes, have a 10,000 baht pram, and you enjoy being fleeced by greedy relatives. Babies do not eat thousands of baht worth of food each month. sponging relations may well do.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 22, 2015, 5:12 pm

Great thread and it's great to read the variety of opinions. Coxo there are lots and lots of dead beat dads around. My taxes pay for a lot of them in farangland. They make me want to puke. Thailand has its fair share too but taxes generally aren't paying for them in Thailand.

I support a step-grandson with thalassemia and I think the treatment he receives in the Thai public health system is terrific and perhaps better than he'd receive in a farang medical system. That's because it's so common in Thailand that Thai public hospitals are very experienced at dealing with it. The same as minor motorcycle accident injuries.

I also think the Thai education system opens heaps of doors to those educationally successful in Thailand. I don't think you need a rolls royce to open lots of doors for children in Thailand. So those posters advocating inexpensive solutions aren't in my opinion condemning a child to working on a rice farm for the rest of his or her life.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”