They cant take the critizim

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Doodoo
udonmap.com

They cant take the critizim

Post by Doodoo » February 25, 2018, 5:53 pm

NRA Blasts 'Cowardice' Of Corporate Partners Turning Away From Gun Group

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: They cant take the critizim

Post by Doodoo » February 25, 2018, 5:54 pm

Leave us and we will call you names

Don't stand with us and you are bad people

I used to get the same comments in Grade 7 from the bullies we had at school

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 26, 2018, 12:13 am

Goergie Bush said "You are either with us or againsst us"...then he "authorised" (Yes, I spelled it wrong as did you "critizim") the Military Industrial Complex to invade and kill millions of innocent people.
And the Stock Market rallied!!!! Yeah!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 26, 2018, 12:38 am

I don't see any problem with an organization responding when they think they're being unfairly targeted and smeared -- especially the NRA. They aren't known for being silent, and I won't be surprised if some of those businesses lose consumers and revenue over this. The NRA has over 5 million dues-paying members and millions more who support their efforts. You can bet that they will spend their money elsewhere rather than with the companies cutting ties. In the short term, they'll get LIB activists off their backs, but the paid activists eventually move on to another cause. Long term, those companies will lose millions.

Free Enterprise: the American way of wealth redistribution.

NOTE: I believe that pushing back against lies and smears is justified no matter which side of the political aisle the organization or corporation resides.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 26, 2018, 6:32 am

Pushing back, being unfairly targeted is one thing
But my point was and is there is no need to go around calling them names such as Cowards.

This is for people and organization that want to BULLY others

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 26, 2018, 9:14 am

The NRA's official statement
The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.

Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.

Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world.
Paragraph one is all factual. The NRA had nothing to do with any shooting. Their members are never the perpetrators in these acts of carnage. If they were the problem that LIBs propagandize, those 5 million + members would show the US society what problems are.

Like I said. In the long run, those corporate cowards will suffer losses over their appeasement of these activists and their smears. More than just NRA members will boycott them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 26, 2018, 9:49 am

You aint hearing what I am talking about
Forget it

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 26, 2018, 9:52 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 26, 2018, 9:49 am
You aint hearing what I am talking about
Forget it
I'm not addressing your comments here until now.

Prior to this response, I didn't quote you. I am providing the NRA's statement and my opinion. :)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 26, 2018, 11:22 am

If you wish to talk about the organization the NAR or whatever please you can start another posting on Udon Map This is about the way they call other people who don't follow and wish to berate them by calling them names

I couldn't give 2 ----- about the statements of the NAR As for your opinion ????

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 26, 2018, 12:23 pm

Doodoo -I believe that the NRA quote, "....a shameful display of political and civic cowardice." refers to those companies who are not genuinely against gun ownership, but are too scared of the liberal lobby to say so. Hence, they simply follow the popular trend. Their 'cowardice' is in their fear of saying that they are neither anti nor pro additional gun legislation. :D

In the UK, the shooting of a number of children in school in Dunblane led directly to the total ban on handguns.
This shooting could have been prevented had the police acted on information given to them. The findings of the inquiry have been sealed for 100 years. :shock:

Since that time gun crime in UK has risen every year. :(

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 26, 2018, 12:48 pm

Bonanza wrote:
February 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Doodoo -I believe that the NRA quote, "....a shameful display of political and civic cowardice." refers to those companies who are not genuinely against gun ownership, but are too scared of the liberal lobby to say so. Hence, they simply follow the popular trend. Their 'cowardice' is in their fear of saying that they are neither anti nor pro additional gun legislation. :D

Yes, that's it exactly. Those companies severed years of pro-gun ties with the NRA to appease the paid activists. That's the cowardice. I agree, Bonanza.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

Bonanza wrote:
February 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Since that time gun crime in UK has risen every year. :(
Yes it has & it an issue that the Government continually try & solve - not ignore..

By the way, deaths by guns in the UK reached 0.23 per 100,00 of population.
In the USA it was 10.16 per 100,000 of the population..

44 times the death rate

& you are suggesting that the UK model doesn't work & the American one does??? :shock:

The total number of UK citizens killed in 2016 by a gun was...
In total, 26 homicide victims were killed by shooting, and although this was 5 more than the previous year it was one of the lowest numbers since 1980 (19 homicides).
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... g-are-used

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 26, 2018, 1:17 pm

Bob,
I'm not advocating any model. But although I don't have the statistics I do know that gun possession in both Denmark and Switzerland is higher than USA, (also Oman, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia). This might suggest that actual gun ownership does not lead to mass killings, and there may be some cultural links?

As there are no legally held hand guns in the UK they can only be in the hands of criminals. This does not necessarily have to be the case in USA. In the UK it now seems that running people down with motor vehicles has become more fashionable!!

It is such a pity that the world contains so many 'sick' people.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 26, 2018, 1:31 pm

That does not seem to bear out with the available figures, Bonanza.
Although these are from 2012, which were the latest I could find..
guns.png
I would totally agree that if a terrorist or nut case wishes to kill people then he/she will find a method.
I also totally agree that what the USA wish to do within their country is completely 'up to them.
What I, personally, can't stand is the ridiculous claims that the number & easy availability of guns has nothing to do with these tragic incidents..

Say, it is America, up to us & we accept the collateral damage then I have no issue with that.
To try & 'fudge' the obvious truth with lies & misdirections I do have an issue with...

None of that aimed at you Bonanza, just my thoughts on a difficult issue... :D

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » February 26, 2018, 2:16 pm

Facts and critical thinking have little to no place in Idiot America these days. Ideology "trumps" everything.

Idiot America...
where...
millions of people believe humans domesticated dinosaurs 5000 years ago (saddle up at the Creationist Museum)
expertise is elitism and should be ignored
ignorance is bliss
evidence is trounced by gut feelings and faith

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

rjj04 wrote:
February 26, 2018, 2:16 pm
Facts and critical thinking have little to no place in Idiot America these days. Ideology "trumps" everything.

Idiot America...
where...
millions of people believe humans domesticated dinosaurs 5000 years ago (saddle up at the Creationist Museum)
expertise is elitism and should be ignored
ignorance is bliss
evidence is trounced by gut feelings and faith
It would seem they have more than their fair share of idiots .http://news.gallup.com/poll/210956/beli ... w-low.aspx

Apparently that figure is a new low !!!! pretty frightening

With a population of what ? 323 million ?? that's over 120 million idiots at least !!

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » February 26, 2018, 3:22 pm

Ah, don't forget the other bullet there...

* Same percentage say humans evolved, but God guided the process

perhaps a slightly less idiotic position, but that is another +100M Americans with serious critical thinking issues.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 26, 2018, 8:44 pm

Bob,
Quote: "What I, personally, can't stand is the ridiculous claims that the number & easy availability of guns has nothing to do with these tragic incidents.."[

I quite agree with your comments above. There were approximately 40,000 registered (ie legal) handgun owners in the UK prior to the Dunblane massacre. Most of them were sensible and responsible citizens, and depriving them of the pleasure of their sport has made not one bit of difference to gun crime/safety in UK.

I think that the NRA in US refuses to give in to any suggestions as they see these as the thin end of the wedge, and the NRA members distrust their politicians even more than we do in the UK!! :D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 27, 2018, 9:54 am

NRA membership numbers rising. Delta Airlines losing breaks. FedEx stands with the NRA.

Thanks, CNN. :)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2018, 12:29 pm

Well FedEx just lost my business and anyone else attached to the NAR

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”