Topic headings. Be specific about what it is about.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Sport
udonmap.com

Topic headings. Be specific about what it is about.

Post by Sport » November 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

I do know a bit about what to put into the SUBJECT for a topic/article. The tabloids do this to grab a readers attention, and that reader knows exactly by looking at the SUBJECT or headline what the article/topic contains so they can bypass or read it, without going down the page to find out what the article is about.

I have read both forums, UM/UT and whilst some of the topics are great reading, perhaps the OP could be a bit more specific on their SUBJECT heading. A few times I checked out the topic by way of an ambiguous heading and realised it was nothing I was interested in.

This is only a suggestion but do hope some posters put a little bit more effort into their SUBJECT heading.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Topic headings. Be specific about what it is about.

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2018, 4:51 pm

I don't mind reading what people have written regardless of the postings Subject Heading

I am retired as I am guessing a good percentage of the readers are and I can tell you I got all the time in the world and after 65 years enjoy wasting my time

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Topic headings. Be specific about what it is about.

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2018, 5:02 pm

of course some headings are worded the way they are purely because it is meant to "hook" certain readers who we all know cannot resist :lol:

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”