America Today - Teachers Arming in Schools

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: America Today.

Post by newtovillagelife » February 3, 2019, 4:18 pm

vincemunday wrote:
February 3, 2019, 4:13 pm
The Village is famous for his witty repartee and factual responses to threads, I'm always pretty much astounded at how he backs up everything with facts and figures and then to find out he's a Londoner too (sort of)... well that was the icing on the cake! Actually if you know Croydon you'll know why he's so bitter, it wasn't a great start to life.

I'm proud to call him a brother, he even has a picture of my hero as his avatar, pray tell Village, are you a Hammers fan too? He is permanently removed from my ignore list forthwith.

All hail the Village!

Back to the thread, non farm payroll looks better than expected, it's great to see that it's all ethnicities that are finding employment.
I have a soft spot for you also Vinnie!!! ....and I quite enjoyed my upbringing in South Norwood. I was a Hammers fan back in the day.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 3, 2019, 4:29 pm

From news reports there were already a number of school districts within the United States(Texas I think) that decided to train and arm teachers who were willing to carry. As for additional school districts that make that decision I'd say its perception driven. If the School Board and parents in the district see a need for trained/armed teachers they'll likely propose it and then decide if its what they want.. Of course the national media presents school shootings as a perpetual national crisis in the U.S. which tends to drive perceptions down at the individual school district level. When I was a schoolkid through the 60's and till I finished High School in 1972 there were no armed "School Resource Officers". I don't recall much in the way of serious disciplinary issues nor disgruntled kids wanting to kill teachers or fellow students. After school grudge fights yeah... But, they never amounted to much. Guns for the most part were somewhat more prevalent in households, particularly rural areas.. So.. what's changed in the U.S. other than a huge increase in population (it was 205 million in 1970)?? Culture? Too many hormones, additives driving people crazy???
Dave

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 3, 2019, 4:58 pm

A demographic shift ...
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 4, 2019, 4:29 am

Idiotic country full of nut casea

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 4, 2019, 5:46 pm

Geez vlad, you got us good with that one. \:D/
I thought about responding with, "Nanny nanny boo-boo," but felt that wouldn't quite do the trick. Good one, vlad. :|

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 4, 2019, 6:06 pm

vlad wrote:
February 2, 2019, 10:03 pm
And I told you I am British Sateeb if you bothered to look most post just use the open page I do not look for the correct page as to me it was a thread to all members of it bothers you Sateeb do not read it or post on it unless you have a reason to be object maybe. also do I have to be American to post about American subjects or is it a closed book only to Americans.
You post in General Udon Thani section. It was moved. Not everyone on here is either British or American so have no real interest. You shouldn't need admin moving things for you. Before you type a word, putting it in the wrong place doesn't give much weight to whatever debate you want to create. The topic is America Today suggesting you are there now but just to be clear. You are posting on a Thai forum about a country you aren't in based on a documentary on TV tonight?

Glad we cleared that up.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 4, 2019, 7:31 pm

vlad wrote:
February 4, 2019, 4:29 am
Which country are you describing, Vlad? If you mean Canada, well, it's the weather, that makes us crazy.

I hate to be picky, but what do you mean by the word, 'casea'?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 4, 2019, 8:04 pm

Nut casea, Latin and opposite of compos mentis meaning nutty as a fruitcake? :badteeth:

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 4, 2019, 8:11 pm

what do you mean by the word, 'casea'?
It's the red mist descending. Earlier he claimed, "This means wat!" ;)

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 4, 2019, 8:21 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 4, 2019, 7:31 pm
vlad wrote:
Which country are you describing, Vlad? If you mean Canada, well, it's the weather, that makes us crazy.

He meant cases, can you not figure that out, and he was talking about the US. Someone is suffering from severe brain freeze.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 5, 2019, 9:55 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 4, 2019, 8:21 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
vlad wrote:

He meant cases, can you not figure that out, and he was talking about the US. Someone is suffering from severe brain freeze.
How do you know? Can you see into Vlad's brain? This is an obvious case of delusions of grandeur. Sad to say but you can't measure up to Vlad's standards, NTVL.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 5, 2019, 11:19 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 5, 2019, 9:55 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 4, 2019, 8:21 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
vlad wrote:

How do you know? Can you see into Vlad's brain? This is an obvious case of delusions of grandeur. Sad to say but you can't measure up to Vlad's standards, NTVL.
Maybe read the thread first LYM, before making comments that show your ignorance..Eh!!
Last edited by newtovillagelife on February 5, 2019, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 5, 2019, 11:28 am

Oi! Oi! The Village, you sure you ain't a Millwall fan?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » February 5, 2019, 11:53 am

51440171_10216026859457491_7882417156086824960_n.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 5, 2019, 12:12 pm

Astana wrote:
February 5, 2019, 11:53 am
. . .
Hitler killed Jews in the millions -- citizens or not -- to eradicate them from the face of the earth. It also had nothing to do with immigration.

Trump wants illegal immigrants to use the ports of entry and follow the law. Trump also isn't ordering the slaughter of any race or culture.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's an extremely inaccurate comparison.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 5, 2019, 7:47 pm

NTVL, for someone who is rumoured to have a good sense of humour, your act has become tired and stale. Keep trying.

As for the topic and its OP, what can you say, what can you expect, it has all been said and done by him before, don't ya think?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 5, 2019, 7:58 pm

If you don't like what your reading don't read, it move along I'm sure you will run off telling tales as usual.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 5, 2019, 12:12 pm
Trump wants illegal immigrants to use the ports of entry and follow the law. Trump also isn't ordering the slaughter of any race or culture.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's an extremely inaccurate comparison.
This is one where I agree with LS. As Obama famously said on video, we're a nation of immigrants, but we're also a nation of laws. Both major parties have, at one time or another during the past couple of decades, had control of all three, -- House, Senate and White House. Yet neither party changed the immigration laws. They are what they are and should be enforced. If the Dems want the immigration laws to be more liberal, they will have to change them. Same if the Republicans want them to be more restrictive, they will have to change them.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 6, 2019, 11:11 am

Udon Map wrote:
February 6, 2019, 10:12 am
They are what they are and should be enforced.

Completely agree.
If the Dems want the immigration laws to be more liberal, they will have to change them. Same if the Republicans want them to be more restrictive, they will have to change them.
How about just enforcing the current laws? We are a nation of laws, remember? If either party doesn't like the current laws, the answer is NOT to ignore the laws until the will to change them has been achieved. Nobody on this forum need to be reminded that being in a country illegally IS A CRIME.

The morons in America who want to give jobs, driver's licenses, protection, college tuition, voting rights etc to CRIMINALS should be held accountable. The enemy is within -- and they are liberal lunatics.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 6, 2019, 12:43 pm

Other than the EU, border jumpers in many countries are severely punished. What good are the laws if they are ignored? There are many different estimates of how much illegals are costing taxpayers. The latest estimate I have found puts the cost at 158 billion dollars a year. That money would go a long ways to upgrade the crumbling infrastructure. People who attempt to deal with this problem are labeled racists and other stupid names. Those bleeding heart people have not considered how much this failed way of dealing with illegals hurts those who are trying to enter legally. The anchor baby rule should also be repealed. I'm quite sure that the founding fathers never meant it to work this way.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”