Afghan

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Afghan

Post by the-monk » May 14, 2020, 8:37 pm

You don t know that.
You need a rest.
Have a great evening.
Stay safe.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 10:04 pm

I've made my point.
Up to individuals knowledge, experiences, beliefs.
Lau te khun

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 15, 2020, 7:06 am

I could easily get involved here, I detest Islam and having come from an area where it is highly prevalent I made a point of studying the Qu’ran or parts of it. In the main I agree with mickojak and surprisingly KP, they seem to be more clued up than certain idiots who seem to be experts on everything, particularly one who spouts complete crap most of the time. Anyone who thinks Islam is a religion of peace is grossly mistaken.

Believe what you want, Islam is coming to a town near you, soon! I shall say no more.
Last edited by vincemunday on May 15, 2020, 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 15, 2020, 7:15 am

tamada wrote:
May 14, 2020, 6:31 pm
Doodoo wrote:
May 14, 2020, 3:53 pm
There ya go KP now dont you feel a bit better giving some substance to your original blurt

Waco was and remains much much different to the time of Hitler and that of Mao
David Koresh believed himself to be the Messiah. “He believed he was individual David,” Doyle told ABC News. “He was using music to reach a lot of people. We're thinking maybe it's a stage name. But it was more than that.”

Hitler was a different reasonhe first that germany was in ruins, and that when hitler came into power he promised these people what they wanted. They heard what they wanted to hear, and they didn't care about anything else. As long as they were fine.

Source #2 has some other facts. A man behind hitler that might have helped hitler get all the attention of the people. Joseph Goebbels was the mans name. He was the nazi party top propagandist. He controlled the media, art, film industry, etc.

Finally, some of Hitler's techniques, of how he talked to the people. Even though some of hitler's points were horrible and brutal, he knew how to talk to the people and make them involved with his plans. without propaganda, hitler and his plans wouldn't have gotten very far.
So Hitler and Koresh totally opposite.

Mao gained power through military force, The people supported him because he fought against the Japanese invaders and the Chinese nationalists were seen as being corrupt. China has lived through years of foreign domination and war lords fighting amongst themselves and Mao offered t hem stability and an end to foreign influence.
Hold on while I pull up a bar stool.

On second thoughts... meh.
Your missing the point Doodoo, it is not what they preach be that militaristic claptrap or religious nonsense, it is the mindset of the followers that soak it all up and then empower the speaker which then enables,in some cases the wholesale slaughter of those who will NOT subscribe to the message or to cleanse the country, region world. True ALL Moslems are taught infidels should be eradicated but generally most know that is through gentle pressure not blowing them all up , The ideology speaks volumes , what is apparent is that even though those who advocate violence are making moderates suffer, the moderates will never denounce them . Which makes is so difficult to deal with them

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 15, 2020, 7:56 am

This article explains the Muslim approach to the West.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... islam.html

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » May 15, 2020, 8:19 am

To the-monk. If you walked into a catholic church particularly, how could any one tell whether you were a catholic or not ?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2020, 9:02 am

mickojak wrote:
May 14, 2020, 4:49 pm
No, but happy to be informed
I have a whole lot of problems with religion as a whole, I don't have any imaginary friends that have guided or helped my life. So my guiding principals are.

1. Everybody is entitled and should enjoy the tolerance of others for their views. It helps if you try to understand a bit about what the basic tenants are, belief in 'make merit' is an example and I admire my wife's devotion to Buddha.

2. Once religious bodies place their church above those of their followers, they in fact become evil, Catholic church/George Pell and his fellow arseholes, also extreme Islam, Hinduism today in India being abused to kill Muslims.

Sorry to be long winded about this, but it puts my views in perspective.

Sufi is a gentle form of Islam. It subscribes to the tenant that each Muslim should interpret the Koran as they see fit, but it has a huge rider. Sufism state that if you interpret the Koran in such a way that it cause harm to others, then your interpretation is WRONG, you must go back a reassess your views and must not harm others.

Sufism is widely practiced in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, India and other countries. I think you will find it as gentle an approach to life as Buddhism. I detest the followers of Wahhabism and other extreme forms of Islam, but do not lump all Muslims under the same banner.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 9:18 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:06 am
I could easily get involved here, I detest Islam and having come from an area where it is highly prevalent I made a point of studying the Qu’ran or parts of it. In the main I agree with Jack and surprisingly KP, they seem to be more clued up than certain idiots who seem to be experts on everything, particularly one who spouts complete crap most of the time. Anyone who thinks Islam is a religion of peace is grossly mistaken.

Believe what you want, Islam is coming to a town near you, soon! I shall say no more.
Promise?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 9:20 am

TJ wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:56 am
This article explains the Muslim approach to the West.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... islam.html
It doesn't. It's just one American "thinker's" comfort blanket.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 15, 2020, 9:20 am

Use the internet if you are interested in how Muslims are ousting non-Muslims, such as this recent article.

NETHERLANDS: Muslim party leader tells native Dutch to “get the hell out of the country” if they don’t like Muslim “diversity” http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3845054/posts

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 10:04 am

^ Did we really read the potted history of DENK including the names of the founders three times in that little hack job of 2 year-old news?

But I agree, it is truly amazing what one can find on the internet... like faux compassion for the Armenians, blind hate, ignorance, bigotry.

...and that's just on freerepublic.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 15, 2020, 10:20 am

Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2020, 9:02 am
I have a whole lot of problems with religion as a whole, I don't have any imaginary friends that have guided or helped my life. So my guiding principals are.

1. Everybody is entitled and should enjoy the tolerance of others for their views. It helps if you try to understand a bit about what the basic tenants are, belief in 'make merit' is an example and I admire my wife's devotion to Buddha.

2. Once religious bodies place their church above those of their followers, they in fact become evil, Catholic church/George Pell and his fellow arseholes, also extreme Islam, Hinduism today in India being abused to kill Muslims.
Whistler,
I don't believe it, but that's 2 things we agree on. :lol:

Sufi. Yes, I certainly don't doubt that some, and maybe quite a large percentage of Muslims practice this type of Islam,
and yes I, and others should not lump them all together but you know the deal, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I rad a book called "The Short History of Islam" and when Mohammed has his visions and wrote the Koran, it mirrored the belief's of the two other major religions at that time, Christianity and Judaism.
But, from that day on, different section of that society started interpreting it in other ways, and fighting amoungst Muslims has continued from that day until now, and probably forever more.

For those who believe that "ALL" Muslims are wonderful, friendly, lovely people, next time you visit Bangkok, please stay at Grace Hotel, and post your experience on this forum.
I'll be waiting with baited breath.
Mick

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 15, 2020, 10:24 am

tamada wrote:
May 15, 2020, 9:18 am
vincemunday wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:06 am
I could easily get involved here, I detest Islam and having come from an area where it is highly prevalent I made a point of studying the Qu’ran or parts of it. In the main I agree with mickojack and surprisingly KP, they seem to be more clued up than certain idiots who seem to be experts on everything, particularly one who spouts complete crap most of the time. Anyone who thinks Islam is a religion of peace is grossly mistaken.

Promise?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 15, 2020, 10:25 am

I never promise something unless I mean it 100% Tammy.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2020, 10:49 am

We probably all have all had bad experiences with nutters.

In Texas, for a while I had to walk my children and pick them up from school bus stop because other kids were beating up my kids for not being practicing Christians.

In a High School soccer match I was kicked in the solar plexus while on the ground recovering the ball as goalie. The Cathoilc kid did it deliberately and the priest who was the referee laughed and made a comment about what happens to Prodie dogs.

In the Philippines a couple of years ago, two locals attempted to mug me because they didn't like Europeans.

Intolerance and racism, bad things. I have good Christian friends, good Catholic friends, good Muslim friends and good Philippine friends , treat each on their own merits and don't lump them into one group.

Now lets talk about the French 555
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 11:17 am

mickojak wrote:
May 15, 2020, 10:20 am
Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2020, 9:02 am

Whistler,
I don't believe it, but that's 2 things we agree on. :lol:

Sufi. Yes, I certainly don't doubt that some, and maybe quite a large percentage of Muslims practice this type of Islam,
and yes I, and others should not lump them all together but you know the deal, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I rad a book called "The Short History of Islam" and when Mohammed has his visions and wrote the Koran, it mirrored the belief's of the two other major religions at that time, Christianity and Judaism.
But, from that day on, different section of that society started interpreting it in other ways, and fighting amoungst Muslims has continued from that day until now, and probably forever more.

For those who believe that "ALL" Muslims are wonderful, friendly, lovely people, next time you visit Bangkok, please stay at Grace Hotel, and post your experience on this forum.
I'll be waiting with baited breath.
Mick
Agreed that they are a rum lot and best left to their own fractious existence. The subject of this post is the senseless and appalling murder of their own women and children in Afghanistan but here we are wondering if the righty whitey Geert Wilders has finally met his political match in Holland or regurgitating the popular myth that America would become a Muslim caliphate by 2020. The non-fulfillment of the latter must be crushing to some. Maybe they should read the sell-by date before posting.

Why are you touting walking into airport mosques or checking into the Grace Hotel as bringing forth some sort of enlightenment or epiphany? I don't need to buy and eat a Yorkie's pork pie to know it's ----.

I remember being invited to the Dog's Bollocks Bar on Soi Yamato in Pattaya once. Now THAT was enlightening but hardly a life-forming experience.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 11:18 am

Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2020, 10:49 am

In Texas, for a while I had to walk my children and pick them up from school bus stop because other kids were beating up my kids for not being practicing Christians.

In a High School soccer match I was kicked in the solar plexus while on the ground recovering the ball as goalie. The Cathoilc kid did it deliberately and the priest who was the referee laughed and made a comment about what happens to Prodie dogs.

In the Philippines a couple of years ago, two locals attempted to mug me because they didn't like Europeans.

Intolerance and racism, bad things. I have good Christian friends, good Catholic friends, good Muslim friends and good Philippine friends , treat each on their own merits and don't lump them into one group.

Wot?! No *****?

Gutted I am. Gutted.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 15, 2020, 11:29 am

tamada wrote:
May 15, 2020, 11:18 am
Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2020, 10:49 am

Wot?! No *****?

Gutted I am. Gutted.
I am colour blind. I was inducted into the Lapa mob in March 2002, so the only blue eyed aboriginal from La Perouse in Sydney

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2020, 1:10 pm

Quite a while since we had a dam good bashing thread ,,

We all have differing views from sausages n pies to cars and of course politics and religion .. interesting vid showing the different reaction to Muslim themed jokes.

Crossing the line (vid produced by Muzzies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfdospKUn5c

Bonus one (animation by DM )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBvwbrwZacI

As i have posted in the past a couple ov my bestie market trading buddies were Pakkis from Donny who worked with me in York , Sheffield , Cleggy and Scunny ... still in touch after all these years. Defo not terrorists back then some some great nights out and parties at their gaff.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 15, 2020, 3:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2020, 1:10 pm
Quite a while since we had a dam good bashing thread ,,

We all have differing views from sausages n pies to cars and of course politics and religion .. interesting vid showing the different reaction to Muslim themed jokes.

Crossing the line (vid produced by Muzzies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfdospKUn5c

Bonus one (animation by DM )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBvwbrwZacI

As i have posted in the past a couple ov my bestie market trading buddies were Pakkis from Donny who worked with me in York , Sheffield , Cleggy and Scunny ... still in touch after all these years. Defo not terrorists back then some some great nights out and parties at their gaff.

DM
Also partial to a Cockney knees up DM

https://youtu.be/t0zX8fr0Gko

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”