UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2020, 8:28 am

Yes Tam ..these daily "death final score shows " ... i mean briefings are really morbid and presented similar to that of the reading the votes at an election .. Sturgeon the grombag just loves to get her face on the telly .. and all them words you used that i dont know what mean

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2020, 11:33 am

Nice n cool today , cloudy so time for a walk .. just before i go .. heres an interesting vid with regard to the private members bill being lodged i parliament .. and its possible association with the DC scandal :lol: scandal !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN5FIFfdGkI

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2020, 12:27 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2020, 11:33 am
Nice n cool today , cloudy so time for a walk .. just before i go .. heres an interesting vid with regard to the private members bill being lodged i parliament .. and its possible association with the DC scandal :lol: scandal !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN5FIFfdGkI

DM
So the perpetually flippy-floppy-flappy Carswell reckons that a BBC host's actions are morally repugnant. This after she has been "caught red-handed" breaching "basic, elementary guidelines on impartiality."

Her "complete lack of apology..." greatly upsets Carswell.

Her allusion that "I did nothing wrong..." draws derision from Tousi.

AFAIK nobody has died from breaking basic, elementary media impartiality guidelines. On the other hand, breaching clearly defined lock-down rules and lying about things like being infected with Covid-19 has.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 29, 2020, 2:49 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 12:08 am
nice to see that up to six people can meet in their garden from Monday, i'm sure that will really please the thousands who live in the Tower blocks of Hackney
They should have cut down on the fags, booze and drugs, got a decent job and then they might have been able to get a house with a garden. Whoops, did I just say that!? Only joking folks.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2020, 8:09 pm

samster wrote:
May 29, 2020, 2:49 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 12:08 am
nice to see that up to six people can meet in their garden from Monday, i'm sure that will really please the thousands who live in the Tower blocks of Hackney
They should have cut down on the fags, booze and drugs, got a decent job and then they might have been able to get a house with a garden. Whoops, did I just say that!? Only joking folks.
Hackney? Serves 'em right for consistently voting for Diane Abbott dunnit DM?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2020, 8:33 pm

The She Devil sold all the houses off before most of them were born which is why the UK has had a serious housing shortage for the last 40 years

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 29, 2020, 9:18 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 8:33 pm
The She Devil sold all the houses off before most of them were born which is why the UK has had a serious housing shortage for the last 40 years
And there was me thinking it was because we didn't build enough council housing under successive Labour and Conservative governments no? Why were these mainly Asian, African and Eastern European immigrants more worthy than the people who bought the houses Stats?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2020, 9:37 pm

The "people who bought the houses" were "council tenents" Vince, who like generations before would have climbed the ladder leaving the rentable housing for their kids and the like to move into (regardless of colour creed or ethnic background) The fact that these "affordable" rented homes were not available to our and the next generations when growing up has forced tens of thousands of couples to live with and under the feet of their parents and could quite possibly (but not proven) to have contributed to the problem of millions of todays young adults still relying on mummy & daddy to wipe their ars*s and look after their kids instead of being able to stand on their own two feet

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 30, 2020, 6:30 am

What a load of tosh, the reason there is a shortage is because we didn’t build enough homes to keep pace with immigration, add to that the cessation of new build council houses and a growing population under successive Labour and Tory governments and hey presto you have the cause. Are you seriously that blinded by your leftard ideals that you always deny facts to suit your agenda? Don’t bother answering, I already know the answer to that one. Insofar as the useless bunch of spineless retards that are growing up (sort of) as useless, worthless beings, look no further than your own ideals, it’s the absolute cobblers they’re being spoon fed by politically correct leftards in schools and colleges, by just as retarded politicians and also being in the unfortunate position of being second and third generation workshy dole bludgers. Of course that’s not always the cause, there is also genuine hardship and bad luck but I will say this, myself and my friends come from a very tough council estate background, we dreamt of suffering the level of hardships the current generations do, most of us had no dads and we were taught by our mums to be survivors, this sometimes included being smacked (please don’t faint, I know!) I would say most of my friends have done okay, we worked our way out of poverty and ended up buying our own homes, I bet you did too despite your faux lefty ideals. This was an opportunity that was way beyond our scope before one of the finest PM’s of all time made it possible.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 30, 2020, 6:41 am

From another perspective, having policed a large council estate, I can honestly say that the majority of the people who bought, did so to be able to pass onto their heirs something tangible, plus it was becoming increasingly more and more expensive for the councils to be able to maintain and repair these homes, many of which had been thrown up post war.
If you take France as an example, a lot of the population rent many in a full repairing rental agreement which apart from the main fabric of the building is easier for the landlord and better for the tenants . Rents are not expensive and affordable unlike the IK where they are ludicrous in many areas.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 30, 2020, 6:49 am

The problem with council or state housing is it should be used to help the poor for a short term
Like 5 years, give them a stepping stone to move on and up
But no as I have seen in Oz they have them for life on cheap rent
Do no maintance expect the councils to repair everything for free
Does not matter they may have 5 cars, a boat and international holidays every year

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 30, 2020, 6:57 am

Councils used to have their own workmen Paul, their own electricians, plumbers, builders etc and as you point out it was part of the agreement that the houses were maintained by them. Q huge question is how come companies that were formed to take over these functions made so much money and yet the council couldn’t afford to keep them on, the answer was the unions of course, the newly formed companies didn’t have their staff walking out on them every five minutes. I was undoubtedly one of the people that you as a young copper would have policed, i can categorically say that as a young adult having something tangible to pass on to my kids never, ever entered my mind, it just became the new norm, if you were doing okay you bought your own home but I don’t remember that some people who had lived in their houses got huge discounts but that still didn’t help the majority of people I knew, they still couldn’t get or indeed afford to pay a mortgage and pay for the repairs to the properties as well.

Just as a side note, back in the day that was another thing, respect for the police was something that was instilled in us, even the toughest amongst us would call the old bill sir or madam. I have quite a few mates who are police, no not through the girl guides before you say it, and they have it very tough, no respect, being sworn at, threatened with violence, knives and guns being pulled on them, back in the day we would never have dreamt of doing these things but you know this anyway.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 30, 2020, 7:04 am

noosard wrote:
May 30, 2020, 6:49 am
The problem with council or state housing is it should be used to help the poor for a short term
Like 5 years, give them a stepping stone to move on and up
But no as I have seen in Oz they have them for life on cheap rent
Do no maintance expect the councils to repair everything for free
Does not matter they may have 5 cars, a boat and international holidays every year
My mum and many of my friends mums lived on council estates all their lives, they’re all good people and I disagree with you completely, there should be more council housing, not less. Council estates used to be places where lifelong friendships and strong communities were forged, they were great places and giving people affordable housing is a good thing. What’s needed is to break the cycle of private rents, people being kept in poverty and poor housing because they can’t afford to live any other way.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 30, 2020, 7:15 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 29, 2020, 7:36 am
stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 12:17 am
stattointhailand wrote:
May 26, 2020, 5:01 pm
Has anyone seen any comments from the Teachers or parents of kids at Public schools (Eton/Rugby etc) about the schools re opening on June 1?

Seems the only ones complaining are from Inner City schools who all seem to think they and the kids are being put into a dangerous situation

Perhaps Tarquin and St John minor are already well versed in social distancing and are not expected to be a problem like the rest? or may be they have already worked out a way to get class sizes down to 6 or 7 from June 1
I've managed to find the answer to why they are not complaining .............. they are not opening up until September so are not being asked to put themselves or their children in any danger ...now why am I not surprised =;
yet if you looked at it logically, most of July and August schools are shut anyhow , so a few more weeks will not alter anything, plus I have been told there will be NO half term in October , so many Public schools are working right through to Christmas, shortened holiday and onwards to Exams in March etc.
Well done KP for your logical and well thought out response. Statto will be trying to work out how to communicate his outrage at teachers working without holidays/shortened holidays etc. and how the exams only benefit those that want to be educated rather than just handed everything on a plate. Its all the fault of the "She Devil" I tells yer, nothing to do with the Lefttard policies creating a permanent underclass in the UK.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 30, 2020, 7:30 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2020, 8:33 pm
So no one lives in the houses the Maggie sold off to sitting tenants?? Nothing to do with Bliar opening up the borders to millions of East European peoples and the influx of refugee's (economic migrants) encouraged by Granny Merkel. The indigenous UK Nationals birthrate has been falling for quite a few years now so how is there a housing shortage (especially in leftwing party controlled area's) Just remember that Bliar and Broon were in charge for many years and its not 10-14 year olds who are looking for houses.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 30, 2020, 7:42 am

yes there needs to be more state /council housing
Like I said too many wealth folks use this housing system
while the poor are on never ending waiting lists

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2020, 7:47 am

My dad was a career policeman and he reckoned the greatest source of juvenile delinquency and nascent crime were the council estates. Not all of them but notably all from some of them. Having affordable housing is a grand scheme when it is part of a broader policy of incentivising people and communities to move up and live better, more independent lives. Local governments knew who their dodgy tenants were. When a new family of shoplifters and school truants arrived, they were quietly relocated to the oldest, poorly maintained and least desirable council estate where all the other government cheque cashers and benefits breeders lived. The logic and common sense of keeping them all in one location only created the ghetto; a word curiously missing from successive UK government's vernacular and seen by some as purely an Asian thing.

Thatcher's mission to give lower income earners an opportunity of affordable home ownership and the pride that comes with it was one of her best ideas. I am not sure what her record was on how many new council homes were built on her watch but as vince says, successive government's did not keep up with the basic housing needs that legal immigration created. You know, all those workers from the EU's more impoverished economic basket cases. Plus twenty years on from Maggie's great enabling of home ownership, the same houses that were going for a song are now prohibited from being bought by trusted and loyal tenants due to suddenly being in the growing swathes of a "pressured" housing market. More recently, a misguided generation were encouraged to get into the "buy to let" business whereupon a lot of them lost their homes and futures before they could become slumlords with the wholly preventable global financial crash.

Quick question: what's the current government's latest word on building affordable housing these days?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 30, 2020, 8:17 am

Having spent many years working for companies that maintained and renovated council and housing association houses , i can say that most tenants did their best to look after their homes, Yet there was always a certain percentage that basically treated their public housing, street , or estate with absolutely no respect what so ever . These were usually the ones that complained the most , and expected the most .
You would be amazed at how some people live . Disgusting doesnt even come close . I would not even keep a pig in some of the houses ive seen over the years .
Ive had to get professional cleaning companies to go in , and clean at the councils expense before i could send any one in there to work . Some have been that bad .
Councils have not helped either by tending to put all the rotten eggs in the one basket .
Ive overseen kitchen refurbs , that should last ten to twelve years , completely trashed within twelve months .
Ive refurbed vacant properties that did not have one single piece of timber left inside , because the tenants have used it all to burn before they have been evicted .
And before i left the U K i was asked by a friend to oversee a project he had to build 15 flats for private sale , and to get planning permision he had to make 3 flats available for public housing .
So , you sell twelve very nice flats to private buyers , and they gamble on what ever riff raff they get moving in next door , because the council insisted on it .
Thats why theres a housing shortage !!!!! Add to that , not so much immigration , but many people now choose to live alone , so once a house would have say four occupants , many now only house one . The she devil did sell many council houses off very cheap , some as much as 50 % below market value , to tenants to buy herself votes , and very few new house were built to replace them .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2020, 8:33 am

EVERY town and City across the UK has areas of council housing , Estates , Schemes within them .. its no coincidence that these areas have a high unemployment rate , social problems and gang violence centered around crime mainly drugs.

The days of respect for the police and policing in the community have long gone in most places except maybe the smaller rural villages.
Bored unemployed youths spew out children to teen moms see no future and turn to crime , burgalry , car theft to start then climb the ladder to worse.. spells in jail are not a deterent to most .. more kids more crime all this while the area around them becomes a ----- as the older people who take care of their property pass away and working families move on the better locations therefore all the dross gets left to exsist in a cesspit of despair... sad very sad.

Hull Bransholme estate
Scunny West cliff
Grimsby Nunsthorpe
Manchester Moss Side Cheatem Hill
the list is endless.

IMO The UKs weak policy on immigration over the years has not helped and in fact within cities n towns enclaves have been formed adding to the violent crime stats increasing racial tensions leading to violence etc.

The UK governments past and present policy on benefits also has not helped .. no incentive for yougsters to find work when they can collect hand outs .. a child becomes an asset for allowances so large families with very young parents are the norm and all these kids need the latest trainers hoodies n phones .. no job so turn to robbing and the ---- just gets worse.

Just my 10 bobs worth ... have a great day ..great walking conditions

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 30, 2020, 8:44 am

I hear up to 3,000,000 Hong Kong BNO will be able to settle in the UK . Solves China's problems I guess .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”