crawling under each others skin

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: crawling under each others skin

Post by mech_401 » May 28, 2020, 9:59 pm

the haggis is in the fire for sure

just make sure to wear briefs if going outside

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 29, 2020, 3:53 am

dragonz wrote:
May 28, 2020, 11:26 am
yes and just reading this thread you can see a lot of the abusers are on here as they know they are the ones being discussed.

I posted last week and i was called ignorant, stupid, a fool, racist and accused of having alzheimers disease.
exactly , i don't have any trouble with a little give
and take on the ribbing . but it's always a one-way
street . they go to pieces when it comes back at 'em

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2020, 9:31 am

MY TAKE ON THIS ..

Taking a look at the numerous forums it seems UM is no different to any others .. banter on a downward trend but in more n more cases lots of nastiness between members .. mostly stemming from their differences of opinions on just about every possible subject.

After looking back over a few weeks months and even years it seems there have been so many LONG RUNNING threads that are both controversial and depressing..and fora BASED ON WORLD EVENTS seemed to have lurched from one sh*tstorm topic to the next with even the most simple request for information or fav footy team ramblings being turned into a war ..

Way fewer light hearted threads its all depression doom n gloom and has been for too long .. where have all the happy threads gone as it appears the debating knife throwers just cant agree to disagree.

Not a lot of joy within these topics and they have enjoyed prominent band width domination for years.

Isis Al Queada
Trump v Clinton
Trolling
Brexit
Best Pizza war
Thai elections
Negative all things Thai
Immigration
Epstein
Exchange rate woes
Brexit again
Trump
USA Politics
Covid
Booze ban
Trolling
UK politics
Immigration
Brexit again
Covid wave 2
World economies
Cummings
USA Trump v Biden
Riots
Covid new normal

Yes i understand its the nature of the forum beast .. but there comes a stage where one doesnt enjoy logging so much or as much as previously .. hence less posters and condensed views...

As sure as the rains have come and the lush green grass is now covering the Intersection where dreams are made nothing will change , in fact now just waiting for the but but i dont agree .... you fat Northern poof :lol: :lol:

Time for a DM posting sabbatical and try to get my deep fried Wurzel Gumidge head functioning n back to business... ready for July.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 1, 2020, 10:07 am

Jon,
I agree, but I also notice that lots of threads start out innocent enough, but get hijacked into a political or some other ---- fight.
Some people on here just want to keep shoving the same story down everyone's throats.

It's a pity, because I love this forum.
I've said it before, it has been a fantastic resource for me, in the past and will continue to be in the future.
There are lots of genuine, nice people on here, more than willing to help another if asked.
They just don't post much

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 1, 2020, 10:22 am

I also agree and I'm definitely an offender
In my short time actually posting, I've enjoyed reading DM's posts sometimes cryptic sometimes hilarious
Mick not so much (a true troublemaker) (Joking)
As an old style Aussie sarcasm is a virtue.
Wise people say live and let live.
if only some of you could (obviously doesn't apply to me)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 10:59 am

I have a soft spot for those who can't resist a wee jab when another member is simply shown as being logged in to the forum and not even posting any comments. That's so cute.

As granny would say, "There's nothing queerer than fowk."

Oh aye, and "Aussie's don't do sarcasm and they think irony is only found in the Hamersley."

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 1, 2020, 12:59 pm

Jon , it will be a shame to see you go . One of the few posters i enjoy reading these days . Humourous , witty , manage to give as much as you get without resulting to personal insults . and name calling . usually come back with a witty response , never seem to let the anal posters rustle those feathers .
If you do have a break , and i cant blame you to be honest , the forum will be lesser for it .

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 1, 2020, 2:55 pm

On a brighter side Scottish football will get a break

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 1, 2020, 4:17 pm

Well Jon, I've been easing in and diving out this site for years as the bullshlt builds and lunacy/idiocy trumps common sense. Was a MUCH different site pre 2005 before the restructure and, later, worse for wear after Bob Helm moved on.

Look forward to your return in the future.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 7:36 pm

Good God... he's not Lazarus or Jesus, he's just taking a forum sabbatical (and dieting). Good luck with all that DM.

Anyway. it's June already so time to lay down the arms and cudgels, surrender all hope of ever getting the last word in, agree to differ on opinions and drop the personal slights, name-calling and labeling. We should focus on what should be a very interesting next 30 to 60 days for all of us here as Thailand and the rest of our world tries to open up and operate under the new normal.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 1, 2020, 7:56 pm

Tam,
From sparring with cj, to this insightful post.
What a day

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 2, 2020, 9:28 am

tamada wrote:
June 1, 2020, 7:36 pm
Good God... he's not Lazarus or Jesus, he's just taking a forum sabbatical (and dieting). Good luck with all that DM.

Anyway. it's June already so time to lay down the arms and cudgels, surrender all hope of ever getting the last word in, agree to differ on opinions and drop the personal slights, name-calling and labeling. We should focus on what should be a very interesting next 30 to 60 days for all of us here as Thailand and the rest of our world tries to open up and operate under the new normal.
Blimey , whats happened ? Have they changed your medication ? :roll: :roll:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 2, 2020, 11:18 am

^ You wish...

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 2, 2020, 11:28 am

tamada wrote:
June 2, 2020, 11:18 am
^ You wish...
Tam I have a bone (not boner) to pick with you
On an open forum you stated we we're getting a room
My friend I can assure you without quite a deal of wining and dining and the appropriate display of gold and promises of care for my large and varied sick animals.
There will be no room.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 4, 2020, 12:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 1, 2020, 9:31 am
Time for a DM posting sabbatical and try to get my deep fried Wurzel Gumidge head functioning n back to business... ready for July.

DM
Yeah, do it. You don't need to post, just sit back, read and larf.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”