Malaysia My 2nd Home rules change

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

Malaysia My 2nd Home rules change

Post by tamada » August 20, 2021, 3:18 am

The Malaysian government's path for foreigners to legally own a home with land with long-stay immigration rights has often been held up in comparison to what Thailand offers to the 'Old and the Restless'.

Over the past few years, Thai Immigration has tightened up on the fiscal providence and restricting when it can be accessed and when it shouldn't be touched. This has resulted in the need to transfer in extra amounts for day-to-day 'running costs' while leaving the lump sum untouched lest it breach the limits, the annual extension is declined and one ends up 'homeless'. Once again, this led to some broad comparisons with the benefits of relocating to Malaysia with the broad sentiment that despite the lack of easy access to bacon, it's bureaucratically easier and you can actually own some land. Maybe the Thai authorities should offer something similar?

It appears that the Malaysians have seriously rejigged the financial requirements for the reopening of MM2H with, in some cases, a quadrupling of the funds 'invested' or proof of income needed. How many retirees have a monthly income of at least US$12,880 ?

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... s-for-2021

Here's hoping the Thai authorities don't decide that this is the right time to emulate the Malaysian policy. Well, not for a few years more anyway. But it's a worrying aspect of what befalls the leadership of these parochial backwaters when they see the leaders of the free world get all nationalistic and high-minded. More so in the desperate and financially perilous age of Covid.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Malaysia My 2nd Home rules change

Post by Giggle » August 20, 2021, 10:30 am

What percentage of Malays or Thais have a monthly income of $12K? Five percent? Three percent?

It's a grubby Asian money grab. Nothing new here.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Malaysia My 2nd Home rules change

Post by GT93 » August 20, 2021, 11:32 am

0.1%?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”