100,000 stranded farangs

Thailand news, views and comments
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: 100,000 stranded farangs

Post by wazza » December 5, 2008, 8:36 pm

This is the 4th ?? Tourist to have died now due to the PAD disruption.

Reading between the lines the 12 hour bus trip maybe have caused a Pulmonary Embolism. A clot on the trot caused from Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Still could of happened if he flew , certainly an at risk patient, who should have taken an aspirin even for the long bus trip.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: 100,000 stranded farangs

Post by lassebasse » December 6, 2008, 10:09 am

jingjai wrote:
lassebasse wrote:Do not forget all the people that are stranded outside Thailand trying to get back! I am sitting in Stockholm and my flight today to Bangkok is cancelled. I talked to the local Tahai Air office yesterday and they told me that they have at least 1.000 people on the waitinglist for the Sunday flight!!

Any bright ideas of how to get to Udon Thani without passing Bangkok?
I'm curious. Did the airline in Stockholm offer to give you a refund, given the circumstances?
Has anyone out there with confirmed reservations (on any airlines), whose flight/s were canceled, been offered an on the spot refund? Or, is one just stuck on some endless wait list?
I interested more in expats who have confirmed/paid departing reservations, but really don't have a pressing need to go on a short holiday.
I am a bit late replaying but I have had some trouble getting to Udon and then to get my PC working.

According to official Thai Airways, any traveller with a ticket going before Dec. 5 would be able to change his flight or cancel and get refunded. I opted for the refund but I just find out that my travelagent is stalling so I am not sure what will happen.

I can also tell you how I got here: Saw this charterflight going to Bangkok and bought a seat very cheap. Only problem was that they did not go to Bangkok (I had expected Pattaya) but landed in Phuket, 10 hours delayed due to technical problems. From Phuket they bussed us to Bangkok, 14 hours!!! Then a new bus to Udon which took another 10 hours (flat tire on the way). My butt is still sore from all this sitting.

Return to “Thailand News”