Decxapitated Farangs head found in BKK !

Thailand news, views and comments
Astana
udonmap.com

Re: Decxapitated Farangs head found in BKK !

Post by Astana » February 25, 2009, 11:49 am

Oh well... Excitement over.

I suppose its back to assessing balcony jumpers in Pattaya.

I'd still like to learn the explaination of how the head remained in the bag after separation, as the speed of separation must have been awfully quick. #-o

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 25, 2009, 1:32 pm

i think its possible to decapitate if the drop is long! if he as i said suffocated but leant over the bridge to ensure he fell when he became unconcious then as he reached the end of the rope he would probably be head first and the following whiplash as his body overtook his head and the speed dependant on the length of the rope would easily have taken his body off!!! and also the force of the impact to the noose could easily have jammed his head in the rope.... so more than likely suicide IMHO... and more importantly "possible"..

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 25, 2009, 4:58 pm

The deputy police chief announces today (February 25th) that the body of the severed foreigner's head found hanging from Rama VIII Bridge is identified as an Italian national who had stayed in the Khao San area in Bangkok for two weeks.

Police deputy commissioner-general Jongrak Chuthanont said the 54-year-old beheaded Italian tourist killed at Rama VIII Bridge was named Maurizio Tosabori according to a primary investigation.

Mrs Wimon Chaichong, the hotel owner, revealed that the dead had experienced a health problem and he had stayed in her hotel for two weeks before the incident. Mrs Wimon said the dead was later disappeared from the hotel on February 21st after being forced to move out.

TNA.

Forensics experts determined the body showed no sign of assault and that the "force of gravity" appeared to have separated the body and head, said deputy police commissioner Jongrak Jutanont.

"We have no evidence that suggested it was a murder," Jongrak said.

The unusual death near Bangkok's main backpacker district instantly became a front-page story in Thai newspapers. Media speculated that the death resembled a Russian mob-style execution.

The Italian Embassy said their investigation corroborated the suicide theory.

"The first impression that we got — an Italian head attached by a rope to a bridge — we thought it was a mafia-type warning," said Andrea Vitalone, the embassy's police commissioner.

"Our analysis confirms that it is possible that it was a suicide. We are still investigating," he said.

The man was identified as Tosadori Maurizio of Verona who was visiting Bangkok, said Vitalone, adding that he had no criminal record in Italy but appeared to be in financial trouble.

A number of clues helped police determine the man was an Italian national, including clothing by the Italian brand Puma and a bag bearing the name of an Italian hotel, Jongrak said.

A Bangkok guesthouse filed a missing persons report about an Italian visitor, which led police to his room. They found photos of a man resembling the victim, Jongrak said. Forensics experts linked the identity by a distinctive mole on the head that was also visible in the photographs.
Associated press.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think its possible to decapitate if the drop is long
Thats what happened.
The bag was a way of closing the whole thing out to his eyes.
The bag got caught in the rope.
He did not expect to lose his head from his body,it made it more dramatic, so effectively he brought a lot more attention to his plight then he could of thought, he wanted everyone to see,he could of faded away in his Hotel room but choose this option instead.
Simple.

And was the writing already there..written by someone else.. :-k

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 25, 2009, 8:09 pm

if what they say happened the head would be in the water with the body. I don't buy there theory.
because the two parts are now separated nothing holding either one.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 25, 2009, 9:27 pm

But the rope tighten around part of the neck....as the weight was at its most the rope has tightened,I have seen a photo with the head still hanging on the rope, blood splatterd on the bridge, and the rope is attached to what is left of the neck/skin/spine what ever it is, the bag came off and is also hanging there...the face is in full view.
(if you want to see it i will pm it to you)

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » February 25, 2009, 10:20 pm

I really hope he didn't do this over a woman. RIP

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » February 25, 2009, 10:21 pm

I really hope he didn't do this over a woman. RIP

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » February 25, 2009, 10:22 pm

Sorry, don't know what caused the duplicate post.

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » February 26, 2009, 12:57 am

Italian decapitated after jumping from Thai bridge
The Associated Press
Published: February 25, 2009

BANGKOK: Authorities said Wednesday that they have identified the body of an Italian tourist who apparently decapitated himself by jumping off a bridge with a noose around his neck.

Billed as the case of the headless foreigner, the mystery of the dead man enthralled the Thai media in recent days.

Clues had trickled in since Sunday's gruesome discovery of the 52-year-old man's head hanging by a rope from Rama VIII bridge in what is believed to be a suicide, Thai and Italian officials said.

His headless body, clad in a white shirt and black trousers, was found floating nearby in Bangkok's Chao Phraya river and authorities confirmed a match.

Forensics experts determined the body showed no sign of assault and that the "force of gravity" appeared to have separated the body and head, said deputy police commissioner Jongrak Jutanont.

"We have no evidence that suggested it was a murder," Jongrak said.

The unusual death near Bangkok's main backpacker district instantly became a front-page story in Thai newspapers. Media speculated that the death resembled a Russian mob-style execution.

The Italian Embassy said their investigation corroborated the suicide theory.

"The first impression that we got — an Italian head attached by a rope to a bridge — we thought it was a mafia-type warning," said Andrea Vitalone, the embassy's police commissioner.

"Our analysis confirms that it is possible that it was a suicide. We are still investigating," he said.

The man was identified as Maurizio Tosadori of Verona who was visiting Bangkok, said Vitalone, adding that he had no criminal record in Italy but appeared to be in financial trouble.

A number of clues helped police determine the man was an Italian national, including clothing by the Italian brand Puma and a bag bearing the name of an Italian hotel, Jongrak said.

A Bangkok guesthouse filed a missing persons report about an Italian visitor, which led police to his room. They found photos of a man resembling the victim, Jongrak said. Forensics experts linked the identity by a distinctive mole on the head that was also visible in the photographs.

___

Associated Press Writer Ambika Ahuja contributed to this report.

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » February 26, 2009, 12:59 am

Bangkok -

Thai police on Wednesday identified a foreigner whose head was found at the weekend hanging by a rope off a Bangkok bridge as an Italian tourist who committed suicide after being evicted from his guesthouse for not paying the rent. General Jongrak Chuthanont, deputy police commissioner, identified the decapitated man as Maurizio Tosadori, 54, an architect from Verona, Italy.

Tosadori's head was found Sunday attached to a mountain-climbing rope hanging 5 metres below Bangkok's Rama VIII bridge, which crosses the Chao Phraya River in north-east Bangkok.

His body was found in the river Monday.

Jongrak said Tosadori had entered Thailand on February 6 from Cambodia. The Italian tourist had been asked to leave his guesthouse on Khao Sarn Road, a popular backpacker hangout in Bangkok, on Saturday after failing to pay the rent for two weeks.

Wimol Jaijong, the guesthouse owner, said Tosadori appeared to be frequently sick and had many medicines in his room.

Initially, foul play was suspected in Tosadori's death as police assumed the head had been left as a warning in an organized-crime-style slaying.

Thai doctors who conducted an autopsy said the most likely cause of death was suicide with the 5-metre drop and strong gravitational pull tearing the torso from the head, which remained tied to the rope.

The suicide theory appeared to be verified by a spray of blood on the side of the bridge found just above where the head was hanging.

"We are conducting a DNA test on the blood to verify it is Tosadori's," police Lieutenant Colonel Atcharat Haemthanon said.

But the identify of the person mentioned in Tosadori's apparent suicide note left on the bridge railing remained a mystery.

Written on the railing was the sentence in English, "Cath. I want but I cannot. ... I came to Bangkok to be with you."

"We are checking to verify if it was Tosadori's handwriting," Atcharat said.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 26, 2009, 7:09 am

Interesting the hand writing on the railing doesn't match the hand writing on the note found in the bag.

They haven't closed this yet. I have never heard of a head being severed in a hanging. Guess it could happen but conviently wrapped in a plastic bag that held the head in the air wihout falling out.

I guess anything is possilbe but sometime's not likley.

They haven't completly ruled out homocide yet.

Me I would be having a very long talk with that land lady. But hey I'm suspicous by nature.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 26, 2009, 10:54 am

git wrote:Interesting the hand writing on the railing doesn't match the hand writing on the note found in the bag.

They haven't closed this yet. I have never heard of a head being severed in a hanging. Guess it could happen but conviently wrapped in a plastic bag that held the head in the air wihout falling out.

I guess anything is possilbe but sometime's not likley.

They haven't completly ruled out homocide yet.

Me I would be having a very long talk with that land lady. But hey I'm suspicous by nature.
Where were you when they hung Saddam's step-brother in Iraq, git? Saw a photo of it on the internet and suppose there might have been videos but wasn't that interested to find out.

Wondering what would have happened if he had used a bungee cord? Maybe he would have drowned? :-k
OK, who took my coat? I'm leaving.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 26, 2009, 10:56 am

polehawk wrote: Wondering what would have happened if he had used a bungee cord?
Obviously they would have found a foot, rather than a head :-"

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 26, 2009, 3:01 pm

I saw it on the news last night and its very possible, as i didnt realise he was using climbing rope which basically can double its length but half its width under strain, this would account for the severing of his head.. It was not in the plastic bag, thats wrong it was hanging by a small thread of skin which the rope had obviously gripped and stayed knotted, the bag was caught up with the head but was blowing in the wind... So some people have a vision of a plastic bag on the end of a rope with a head in it,, not at all true...

he would have written his last goodbye's with the intention of the person he wrote it to reading it, e.g. he wrote not in his native tongue but probably in english as he couldnt write in thai and knew his lover would be able to understand it...he was probably hanging on for his life when he wrote on the bridge rail so maybe not so readable as the note in the bag..

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 26, 2009, 4:37 pm

So it seems no one read my posts.....Its not very possible, it is possible 100% because thats what happened.!

He hung himself...He placed a bag over his head, he did not want to see it happeneing...His Head came away from his body..The Body floated off down river...The head was still attached to the rope...the bag came off but got caught up in the mess...Blood spurrted out and up, then ran down the bridge where it had hit....One other person had a look at the actual photo i sent them....that person(who has a background in such things) also agreed...if anyone else looked at it then they would also agree.

The writing could turn out not be his...but was already there, it might not be a case of unlucky in love...until cath emerges thats all they got i suspect.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 26, 2009, 5:05 pm

BM Seems to be correct, and Big Waves comments on the climbing rope are also plausible. Kermantel rope is very extendable , v's bluewater rope with is a very static rope.

The blood stains on the wall are circular , meaning its a sudden explosive splatter ( excuse my frankness ) the stain then runs downward. ( gravity ) This would place the body and the blood at the same location.

simple blood analysis will show or confirm the level of haemoglobin in the blood ( O2 Levels ) this can also assist with confirming if the person was alive when they was decapitated.

The hand writing in english not being their native language, will always create a bit more problem to confirm or reject. No doubt the Italian govt would be assisting in this from behind the scenes with any further forensic assistance. The Thais are well qualified on this

Im NOT qualified in this field, but its all pointing to a jumper with a rope.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 27, 2009, 3:59 am

simple blood analysis will show or confirm the level of haemoglobin in the blood ( O2 Levels ) this can also assist with confirming if the person was alive when they was decapitated.
Interesting....Do you think all this (detail) will be examined to a high level Wazza..?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 27, 2009, 4:11 am

To be honest, yes, its a simple test and can confirm the person was alive at the time of decapitation.

Its like doing the same test on someone who is burnt and dead. test the blood for CO ( carbon monoxide) levels are high, it confirms the person was alive at the time of burning. No high levels of CO then the person was not inhaling any air containing CO before they died.

The blood on the bridge would have 2 tests done, CO2, if its above limits , could be dead before the limits, normal can indicate alive at the time, 2nd test Hg, haemoglobin, as discussed.

They would have also done the PH, again it can indicate metabolic acidosis prior to the incident, there fore establishing death before the incident

Dont underestimate these Thai forensic teams, they have lots of experience, and this being an expat involved , it would have got a good work up for sure.

For sure they get contaminated scenes ( the drug killings years ago )

These guys do just a little bit more than waving a spectrometer over a blood stained carpet , like they do in CSI.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 27, 2009, 4:25 am

For sure they get contaminated scenes
Yes thought about this many times, must make things 10 times harder.
Thanks for the informative reply.

len ames
udonmap.com

Post by len ames » February 27, 2009, 5:30 am

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
steady on bm i believe you

Return to “Thailand News”