Jet Ski Scams in Phuket and Pattaya

Thailand news, views and comments
wazza
udonmap.com

Jet Ski Scams in Phuket and Pattaya

Post by wazza » January 26, 2011, 12:42 pm

Im sure we all have heard of them but...

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/auss ... 5994754257

johnty.
udonmap.com

Re: Jet Ski Scams in Phuket and Pattaya

Post by johnty. » January 26, 2011, 1:14 pm

Wazza,just another reason for tourists to avoid coming here.I have been living here but going back to the UK to work,every 6 weeks includes 1 return journey for me.I used to get upgrades EVERY trip but since the yellow and then reds started every flight seems to have less people on it,i came back on monday(this week)and none of the restaurants on the 2nd floor at swampy had more than 2 people in them(they used to be heaving).IMO the torurist authority here just picks a number and everything else is fiction,things like the report about jet skis do a lot of damage and i believe the thais cannot see it in their live for the moment philosophy but will they change anything :-k :-k :-k

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » January 26, 2011, 6:02 pm

on the net "bangkokscams" a list of top ten scams in thailand,number four is the jetski scam, the list is over two years old. in a letter to the bkk post a couple complained they were caught by the palace closed today scam. back at the hotel they looked the scam up on the web and they want to know why they were not warned about it. read the guide book. in a review about a hotel in soi nana 4 the couple wrote the hotel is very good but we did not like walking our children past all the prostitutes in the soi. again what have these parents read about thaiand and not found anything on soi nana? just had a look at three big u.k. travel agent sites, not a thai holiday to be seen, exchange rate priced them out?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 26, 2011, 10:07 pm

The jet ski scams have in fact been going for years and I know that a few years ago it reared its ugly head, but after the tsunami, it obviously died down or the owners did, not sure which, now it seems it is back with a vengance.

So now holiday reps are not putting it in the brochures in the UK or elsewhere for that matter, so it will continue.Shame really but this is Thailand and tourists are easy money.

21again
udonmap.com

Post by 21again » January 27, 2011, 7:42 am

Khun Paul, what exactly are they putting in the brochures, ??

Return to “Thailand News”