Thailand news, views and comments
bamakmak
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Post by bamakmak » August 3, 2021, 9:02 am

Covid insurance: 7,400 for me (90 day), 3,100 for my wife (30 day) 10,500 thb
One Covid test for each prior to departure from USA $140 x 2 = $280 4,620 thb
Three covid tests in Phuket for each of us: 8,000 x 2: 16,000 thb
Airline (this will obviously vary). For us, one-way $860 x 2 = $1,720 56,760 thb
Hotel (due to the length of stay, we upgraded to a suite) 14 days 50,000 thb

Total cost 137,880 thb

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 3, 2021, 9:22 am

Thanks for that.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 3, 2021, 10:16 am

bamakmak wrote:
August 3, 2021, 9:02 am
Covid insurance: 7,400 for me (90 day), 3,100 for my wife (30 day) 10,500 thb
One Covid test for each prior to departure from USA $140 x 2 = $280 4,620 thb
Three covid tests in Phuket for each of us: 8,000 x 2: 16,000 thb
Airline (this will obviously vary). For us, one-way $860 x 2 = $1,720 56,760 thb
Hotel (due to the length of stay, we upgraded to a suite) 14 days 50,000 thb

Total cost 137,880 thb
well i hope all goes smoothly , enjoy some beach life .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 3, 2021, 2:55 pm

I think this must be the link to the National New Bureau of Thailand, where the gentleman in the video, got his information and numbers from, as it mirrors much of what he says, i.e. same number of Total Tourists, same number of Average Days of Stay, and same number for Average Spending. LINK: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/deta ... 6152613622

But, it really doesn't matter diddly squat, what the average expenditure is. What really matters is that, The Phuket Sandbox keeps ticking along, expands and so provides some added revenue, into the pockets of some businesses and some individuals in Phuket. So that you end up with a small core of businesses staying open and people being gainfully employed, on a regular basis. \:D/ \:D/ =D> It's a start anyway.

For sure, those Hoteliers who have managed to stay open, will probably reap a a significant share of the revenue through their Accommodation and Meals. But hopefully as time goes on, the smaller businesses will also get their fair share, as and when the variety & mix of businesses expands and visitors do start to spend more. For the Phuket Sandbox to survive as a Model it needs the the small businesses to continually re-open, as the success of the Phuket Model, cannot just rely just on a few major Hoteliers offering accommodation and meals. :-k

Who does Spend More: As to who from which Country are most likely to spend more during their visit to Thailand, the data seems divided. I would have expected those from China, Korea and Japan to lash out more with their daily spending, but the following Link https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism-in ... ailand.asp suggests that those from Europe and the Americas actually spend more, on average. :-k :-k

Thailand 2019 Total Expenditure per Tourist by Region.PNG

Where do the Tourists come from and where they will come from in the Future: It is also interesting that the National New Bureau of Thailand suggests that for the Phuket Sandbox to date, the 10,000 international visitors, have mainly come from the top five countries, i.e. the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), Israel, Germany and France. I can only assume they get this information from the Passports. No mention of how many visitors have come from the likes of other Asian Countries, i.e. Singapore, Korea, or from other countries i.e. Holland, Sweden, Switzerland and the Middle East. :-k :-k

This was the 2019 breakdown or Visitors to Thailand by Regions was as follows, but I suspect it which be a different mix / distribution for for the Phuket Sandbox and also different for the next year or so, for Thailand as a whole. I just can't see many visitors to Thailand coming from Russia or China, East Asia, Russia and or Australia any time soon.

Thailand 2019 Tourist by Region and or Country.PNG

LINK: https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism-in ... ailand.asp on Revenue from Foreign Tourist Visiting Thailand

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/deta ... 6152613622 Extract: Thailand has welcomed almost 10,000 international visitors, with the top five countries being the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), Israel, Germany and France. The average stay per guest was 11 nights. Total cost per trip is about 70,000 baht, which covers accommodation, swab tests, food and drinks, transportation, airfares and other expenses. The average spending is 5,500 baht per person, generating 534.31 million baht in revenue.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 3, 2021, 3:52 pm

Thailand has welcomed almost 10,000 international visitors, with the top five countries being the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), Israel, Germany and France. The average stay per guest was 11 nights. Total cost per trip is about 70,000 baht, which covers accommodation, swab tests, food and drinks, transportation, airfares and other expenses. The average spending is 5,500 baht per person, generating 534.31 million baht in revenue.

Am I missing something here? 10,000 visitors with total cost per trip around 70,000 Baht =700 million Baht, or 10,000 visitors spending 5,500 Baht a day for 11 days = 605+ million Baht. Not like TAT to understate their income generated.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 3, 2021, 4:27 pm

To get the small businesses up and running you need to have the staff there. The Island is off limits to Thais/Burmese/Cambodians etc that have NOT had a double jab (and those jabs have been diverted from all parts of the country to BKK or those who could still afford to live in Phuket) Until the thousands of staff currently in other provinces are provided with their TWO jabs (supposedly weeks apart) and are allowed back No amount of Sandbox travellers will ever get the small businesses up and running.
As the old saying goes .....

You can have as many eggs as you like, but they aint gonna hatch unless you have a chicken to sit on them :lol:

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 3, 2021, 4:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 3, 2021, 4:27 pm
To get the small businesses up and running you need to have the staff there. The Island is off limits to Thais/Burmese/Cambodians etc that have NOT had a double jab (and those jabs have been diverted from all parts of the country to BKK or those who could still afford to live in Phuket) Until the thousands of staff currently in other provinces are provided with their TWO jabs (supposedly weeks apart) and are allowed back No amount of Sandbox travellers will ever get the small businesses up and running.
As the old saying goes .....

You can have as many eggs as you like, but they aint gonna hatch unless you have a chicken to sit on them :lol:
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind. \:D/ \:D/

artificial insemination.jpg
artificial insemination.jpg (5.3 KiB) Viewed 2674 times

pipoz4444

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 3, 2021, 9:27 pm

Told you that trade deal with Oz was no good ........ them Genetically modified cows have an Aussie hanging outa their arses

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 3, 2021, 9:59 pm

this thread is turning bizarre . why is there a picture of (mr mark l ) with his arm up a cows ass.

But anyway, i really could do with two weeks laying in a hammock on a beach with fresh coconuts filled with Bacardi . oh memories .perhaps Bamakmak would be kind enough to let me do his isolation for him. :lol: . ill sneak in and he can sneak out :lol: .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 3, 2021, 10:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 3, 2021, 9:27 pm
Told you that trade deal with Oz was no good ........ them Genetically modified cows have an Aussie hanging outa their arses
He is not hanging out.

He is one of our Politicians trying to get it. :-k \:D/ \:D/

By the way, the picture "cow and artificial insemination" is a link or clue, to the previous comment..." but they aint gonna hatch unless you have a chicken to sit on them" . Suggesting, that there are other ways to grow the Phuket Sandbox \:D/ \:D/

"cryptic crosswords"

pipoz4444

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 4, 2021, 12:02 am

papafarang wrote:
August 3, 2021, 9:59 pm
But anyway, i really could do with two weeks laying in a hammock on a beach with fresh coconuts filled with Bacardi . oh memories .perhaps Bamakmak would be kind enough to let me do his isolation for him. . ill sneak in and he can sneak out .
Tell you what Dean. Toss in a ten year's supply of scones and those lovely small custard pies, and we'll talk. Would my wife come back with me or stay with you?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 4, 2021, 12:34 am

papafarang wrote:
this thread is turning bizarre . why is there a picture of (mr mark l ) with his arm up a cows ass.

But anyway, i really could do with two weeks laying in a hammock on a beach with fresh coconuts filled with Bacardi . oh memories .perhaps Bamakmak would be kind enough to let me do his isolation for him. :lol: . ill sneak in and he can sneak out :lol: .
Dean I'm due to arrive in 4 weeks you can have my place if you make rowies

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 4, 2021, 7:22 am

bamakmak wrote:
August 4, 2021, 12:02 am
papafarang wrote:
But anyway, i really could do with two weeks laying in a hammock on a beach with fresh coconuts filled with Bacardi . oh memories .perhaps Bamakmak would be kind enough to let me do his isolation for him. . ill sneak in and he can sneak out .
Tell you what Dean. Toss in a ten year's supply of scones and those lovely small custard pies, and we'll talk. Would my wife come back with me or stay with you?
:lol: =D> ..

Hope all goes well Bruce ..chill and enjoy the beach n restaurants.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 4, 2021, 7:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 4, 2021, 7:22 am
Hope all goes well Bruce ..chill and enjoy the beach n restaurants.
Thanks Jon. I'll shout out your regards to the girls on Bangala. We'll see if I hear anything back other than my echo.
Take care.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 4, 2021, 7:33 am

bamakmak wrote:
August 4, 2021, 12:02 am
papafarang wrote:
im afraid you'll have to keep your wife, already got one and that's enough :lol:

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 4, 2021, 12:09 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 3, 2021, 3:52 pm
Thailand has welcomed almost 10,000 international visitors, with the top five countries being the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), Israel, Germany and France. The average stay per guest was 11 nights. Total cost per trip is about 70,000 baht, which covers accommodation, swab tests, food and drinks, transportation, airfares and other expenses. The average spending is 5,500 baht per person, generating 534.31 million baht in revenue.

Am I missing something here? 10,000 visitors with total cost per trip around 70,000 Baht =700 million Baht, or 10,000 visitors spending 5,500 Baht a day for 11 days = 605+ million Baht. Not like TAT to understate their income generated.
Hi Alex, I don't think that Mathematics is their strong point :confused: :-k

pipoz4444

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 4, 2021, 2:54 pm

Bit like the 90 day report that after Buddha days and weekends etc usually end up as 86 or 87 days

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 4, 2021, 8:20 pm

It's now easier to travel from the USA to Thailand than from Phuket to Udon, which is nearly impossible!! Ba mak mak.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2021, 3:03 am

Yes I was wondering about that , planes, trains and automobiles comes to mind. Any plan come to mind yet ? Most of us expect to be in the deep red zone within the next couple of weeks. I once took a bus from phuket to udon thinking it would be an interesting ride , it was not , it was a friggin nightmare journey never to be repeated.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » August 5, 2021, 4:03 am

Did see a couple of reports of people who have travelled from Bangkok to elsewhere and vice versa. Basically you need to hire a car and only travel outside curfew hours. if you are using Taxi's and chauffeured cars, costs can run over 10,000 baht. One did do it from Phuket to somewhere north of Bangkok - He had to swap the chauffeured car in Bangkok and paid 13,000 baht. As for inter-provincial road blocks, they were non-existent in most cases.

Return to “Thailand News”