Odd News From Around The World.

World news discussion forum
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 28, 2006, 3:52 am

Paul wrote:Her fashion sense leaves something to be desired, however I notice she has a matching camouglage skirt so can't all be bad ! LOL
:lol: :lol: Have you considered that this a posed pic shot and she is a he :lol:

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 28, 2006, 8:25 am

Actually no I hadn't - however now you come to mention it - those ladyboys do sometimes like to dress a little 'over the top' don't they.
And that certainly qualifies for 'over the top'

I submit to your keener eye - to segregate the 'men from the boys' - LOL :)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 28, 2006, 8:39 am

beer monkey wrote:
............... Sex novelty items nevertheless have found a small but growing market in recent years among the country's small middle class.
  • Nice bit of journalistic double entendre :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 28, 2006, 8:47 am

Maybe he/she is the company mascot!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 28, 2006, 3:55 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
beer monkey wrote:
............... Sex novelty items nevertheless have found a small but growing market in recent years among the country's small middle class.
  • Nice bit of journalistic double entendre :lol:
eagle eye.....nice one. :lol: :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 28, 2006, 9:41 pm

AMSTERDAM - A burglar who broke into a house in the Dutch town of Tiel on Wednesday night could not resist playing the piano he found there after ransacking the living room, police said on Thursday.

Unfortunately for the 20-year-old thief, his music woke the owner of the house, who called the police.

"The owner didn't register whether the playing was any good or not. He was more worried about the state of his house," a police spokesman said.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 28, 2006, 9:44 pm

Finger Nails................
LONDON - Lee Redmond soaks hers in olive oil. Aaron Studham lathers his in hairspray.

They both say it's worth it.

Redmond, 65, earned an entry in the latest edition of Guinness World Records with the world's longest fingernails that have now reached a resplendent 24 feet 7 inches (7.51 metres).

Studham, 17, joined the ranks of the weird, wacky and wonderful with the tallest hair on the planet.

"It's a real icebreaker with the girls," Studham said of his magnificent Mohican hairstyle proudly peaking at 24 inches.

"It started as a dare from my friends," the Massachusetts teenager told Reuters after sharing grooming tips with his fellow record holder at a photocall in a London beauty parlour.

"It took me five to six years to grow. I don't wear it up all the time but when I do, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to put it up. I use hairspray and then blow-dry it."

Redmond, who is from Utah, shares a centre spread in Guinness 2007, released on Thursday, with the proud purveyors of the world's stretchiest skin, narrowest waist and longest ear hair alongside a woman who can pop her eyeballs 11 millimetres ( 0.43 inches) out of their sockets.

Redmond, who started growing her fingernails 27 years ago, has a meticulous routine to keep them in tip-top condition.

"I clean them with a toothbrush when they get dirty and always keep them manicured," she said. Every day she treats them with warm olive oil and nail hardener.

However, the lifespan of her phenomenal talons is drawing to a close.

"I am going to have to take them off in November as I am looking after my husband who is suffering from Alzheimer's," she explained.

She still manages to shave her husband daily, but has to sleep on her side and rest her hands on the bed with her nails hanging off the edge.

She has attracted some unusual admirers over the years and was once offered money to have her nails nibbled. The prospective buyer suggested that he buy by the inch.

When asked the inevitable question about how on earth she goes to the toilet, Redmond said: "Very carefully."

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 28, 2006, 11:45 pm

Eye Eye whats going on here then....someone take the hand brake off.

This feat is enough to make you cry.

Dong Changsheng uses hooks attached to his eyelids to drag a car in Changchun, in northeast China's Jilin province.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 29, 2006, 12:53 am

From Bloomberg News:
Londoner Opts for Space Trip When Converting Virgin Air Miles

By Amy Wilson

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- A former electrician from north London has decided to use his Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. frequent-flyer miles for more than a weekend in New York, some new luggage or nights in a hotel. He's going to space.

Alan Watts will be among the first 1,000 people to travel to space when he flies in 2009, the airline said in an e-mailed statement today. He earned the 2 million air miles required to make the trip by taking more than 30 Virgin Atlantic flights in his role as managing director of an electrical engineering firm.

The 51-year-old will travel with Virgin Galactic, a space tourism company set up by British billionaire Richard Branson, who also owns the airline. The first space trips will cost $200,000 and test flights are scheduled for early next year.

During the trip, Watts will travel at more then 3,000 miles an hour to a point 75 miles above earth, where he will float in the zero-gravity atmosphere, according to the statement.

To contact the reporter for this story: Amy Wilson in London at [email protected]
Last Updated: September 28, 2006 10:14 EDT

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 29, 2006, 12:30 pm

beer monkey wrote:Eye Eye whats going on here then....someone take the hand brake off.

How on earth did he find out he had a capability to do this ?????

Dong Changsheng uses hooks attached to his eyelids to drag a car in Changchun, in northeast China's Jilin province.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 29, 2006, 7:18 pm

More strange goings on from China...

Ethnic Games Spoiled By Cross dreesing Cheats..... LOL :lol:

BEIJING - Touted as a celebration of sport, culture and national unity, the Ethnic Minority Games held in southwestern China descended into a farce of cross-dressing cheating and mob violence, state media reported.

Athletes representing China's 55 ethnic minorities assembled in southwestern Yunnan province last week to compete in blow-pipe darts, horse-riding events and other traditional sports.

But blind pursuit of victory lead to some unorthodox tactics, Xinhua news agency reported.

Results of the women's dragon-boat racing event were reviewed after athletes complained of "big women with Adam's apples", Xinhua said. Referees subsequently found that several of the competitors were actually men wearing wigs.

A dispute between a team from the games' host city, Zhaotong, and another from Wenshan city in Yunnan province over the result of a wrestling final turned into a brawl, Xinhua said.

The Wenshan team was eventually chased away by a local gang

with blades and sticks called in by the Zhaotong team, Xinhua said.

"I've never seen violence and ugliness like that," a reporter at the games told Xinhua.

The nationality games have been held eight times in Yunnan province, where 25 of the country's 56 ethnic minorities live
"The tenet of the games is to develop the minorities' characteristic sports, build up their health and increase national unity," Ren Muzhen, the chief organiser, told Xinhua.

Coaches blamed the unruly scenes on the pressures of having career advancement linked to results.

"Coaches and local officials still concentrate on medals and results in this games," a coach told Xinhua.

"They have to think about every means to get better results."

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 29, 2006, 8:26 pm

Can you believe this.....
:

World News

Updated: 12:20, Friday September 29, 2006

Keep your hair on but a company in the US has started selling wigs for babies under nine months.

BabyToupee says the hairpieces are perfect gifts for new babies, birthday parties, play groups, costume parties and Halloween.

"Having a baby doesn't mean you have to stop having fun or do everything by the book," said BabyToupee big wig Graham Farrar.

"At BabyToupee, we don't take ourselves or our products too seriously.

"In fact, BabyToupees are just the first of many fun products designed to give that special baby a little extra personality and to ensure that parents retain theirs ... along with a sense of humour."

The company is releasing four celebrity-inspired models, including the dreadlocked Bob Marley and the comb-over Donald Trump.

The Lil' Kim pink thatch and the Samuel L Jackson afro style are also available for about ฃ14.

The company says it donates 10% of all proceeds to children's charities.
and this is what one looks like....

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 30, 2006, 4:35 pm

TOILET BREAKS TRIGGER CHESS ROW

Toilet breaks trigger chess row

The match was intended to unify the chess world
A row has broken out at a top-level chess match in Russia over the number of toilet breaks one of the contestants has taken.
Two world champions, Russian Vladimir Kramnik and Bulgarian Veselin Topalov, are playing a series of matches. Mr Kramnik is leading after four games.

But Mr Topalov has raised questions about the amount of time his opponent is spending in the toilet.

Mr Topalov was outraged by Mr Kramnik's "suspicious behaviour", his aide said.

His manager, Silvio Danilov, had asked to see videotapes of Mr Kramnik in his designated relaxation area, in which the toilet is the only unmonitored area.

"During every game, he visited the relaxation room 25 times at the average and the bathroom more than 50 times," he said.

Mr Kramnik "takes his most significant decisions in a toilet", he said, apparently suggesting that the player was somehow cheating.

Match officials have now decided that both players must use the same toilet - one in a different location - but this has not pleased either camp.

Mr Kramnik did not show up for the fifth match on Friday and said in a statement to officials that he "did not sign the contract for acting in a reality show".

"My dignity does not allow me to stand this situation," the Associated Press news agency quoted him as saying.

Mr Topalov's side, meanwhile, said the move changed nothing because Mr Kramnik would still be able to visit the toilet unlimited times.

The match had been intended to reunify the chess world, divided since then world champion Gary Kasparov split from the World Chess Federation in 1993.

Whatever the outcome, the two players were due to share the $1m (ฃ534,000) prize

Image i hurry up mate i am busting myself.

Mr Kramnik "takes his most significant decisions in a toilet",
Mmmmm his next move could leave him right in the s**t . :-k

valentine

Post by valentine » October 1, 2006, 3:01 pm

Wasn't sure if this was a news item or a funny story.
Courtesy of Thai Rath News.
A 60 year old Bangkok taxi driver wanted to show his personal disapproval of the coup so decided to take on a tank with his taxi. The result as shown in the attached photos, to both taxi and him. Apparently his first words on regaining consciousness was" I did this for myself, nobody paid me.He is expected to be in hospital a lengthy time with fractured ribs, a broken jaw and other injuries.Image

The tank is reported to be undamaged.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 1, 2006, 3:47 pm

:lol: Just proves how brainwashed some of these Isaan folk were by Thaksin politics :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 1, 2006, 5:14 pm

Tanks for that good report val. i saw that one yesterday and was going to post it. A bit of a fool really, he has no Taxi now,i bet he is'nt covered on insurance for repairs and no work, Hospital bills to pay, a broken body and mind no doubt,and did,nt make a blind bit of differance to the situation, still he got famous for a day. ! . :wink:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 1, 2006, 5:55 pm

:lol: You don't think it was his taxi,do you? :lol: :lol:

valentine

Post by valentine » October 1, 2006, 6:43 pm

BKKSTAN wrote::lol: You don't think it was his taxi,do you? :lol: :lol:
Well the latest reports reveal it was in fact a rented taxi that he had driven for 9 months, and no, the insurance company won't pay because, in their words, it wasn't really an accident.An expensive way to make a point and to quote his wife, "I had no idea he was going to do anything like this" :roll:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 1, 2006, 8:24 pm

Millions Of Dead Anchovy fish. Spain.

The beach in Spain Spain's Anchovy 'Disaster'

A beach in northern Spain has become clogged with millions of dead anchovies.

Experts are baffled as to why the fish washed up on La Griega beach near Colunga.

Unusually high water temperatures, freak currents and being chased by predators have all been mooted as possible causes.

Anchovies are known as "bocartes" in the region and considered a culinary delicacy.

They cannot be fished along northern Spanish and French coasts due to an EU protection order aimed at allowing declining stocks to recover.

Luis Laria, of a Spanish marine protection unit, said: "It's a bit of a disaster.

"We can't fish them because they're so rare, and now they've killed themselves."

He estimated more than three tonnes of anchovies have been found so far.

Experts discovered no evidence of toxic chemicals that could have caused the beaching.

Mr Laria said: "The likelihood is that a shoal tried to swim away from hungry dolphins or tuna."

He added high temperatures off Colunga could also have disoriented the fish.
it that was Thailand they would have dissapeared within 30 mins.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 2, 2006, 4:28 pm

[quote]2.10.06
BRITON Matt Spinks arrived in Poland to find the ฃ200 of currency the Post Office had given him was worth just 25p.

Architect Matt, 26, bought the Polish zlotys for a flying visit to look at property.

He booked a table for a colleague who had travelled with him and two local businessmen in a restaurant in Krakow.

Matt then insisted on paying the ฃ100 bill. But the waitress informed him the notes were TEN YEARS out of date.

It turned out that after hyperinflation in the 1990s, the decimal point on the zloty was moved by four places

Return to “World News”