Malaysia Airlines plane missing with 239 on board

World news discussion forum
747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 17, 2014, 5:33 pm

GT93 wrote:We have to be careful what we write about this tragedy as Malaysian Airlines is getting sensitive about this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1051713 ... -hits-back

There have been some very cheap flights available on Malaysian Airlines for those not afraid of ghosts or systematic problems at the airline. Jackspratt still seems to be missing and he was supposed to have been flying Malaysian Airlines. I hope he isn't now a member of the ghostly world.
GT, Some Very Cheap Flights on Malaysian YOU Say ??Well they are CERTAINLY NOT Cheap out of the U.K,I Just flew back on EVA LHR - BKK......... EVA Were infact OVER 450 gbp CHEAPER on my dates( And THAT was for a One-Way Ticket ) :pirate: ......So Don't know were you gathered that info from... :-k [-X

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 18, 2014, 7:39 am

They probably bumped them up pretty quickly 747man. Cripes may be they didn't even drop them in the UK thinking it was less newsworthy over there. There were some very cheap fares to NZ for a while.

Maaka our old friend jack is back. I've seen that young lady's bottom in a recent post on another thread. It's back to the good old days where we get picked up on 90% of our mistakes if posting in threads jack follows. He misses 10% because like every man when he has had too much booze he gets less fussy. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 18, 2014, 8:24 am

Lets just all be grateful that jack is back safely from his horrific ordeal of living in Western Australia for a few months.
Welcome back,jack ! :wave:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 18, 2014, 9:37 am

Thanks Zid (&93). :drunk:

The flights on MAS were comfortable and uneventful. Both BKK/KUL/BKK flights were nearly full. The KUL/PER/KUL flights were about 60 - 70% full, which was more than I was expecting.

Only problem was a smashed suitcase, which occurred on the return leg. Not MAS's fault - just rough baggage handlers somewhere. I suspect there is going to be a lot more of this in future, with the standard check-in allowance being increased to 30kg almost throughout the industry in this region.

I am in negotiation with MAS in Bangkok re compensation. :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 18, 2014, 12:06 pm

They'll OFFER You the GRAND Sum of a whole 1,000 THB Jack.....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 18, 2014, 1:17 pm

Hey Jack lives in Thailand so 1,000 baht is worth taking. If he lived in Perth he wouldn't even bother trying to collect it. :D

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 18, 2014, 8:07 pm

As I said before ' welcome back Jacky. Thought we had lost you to Davy Jones locker Mate.' Now we can get the ship back on an even course. Master Earnest and Master GT have been lost like a compass with no bearing since you went ashore as it were..A ship needs a Captain...

shame bout your trunk..Lost and Found have plenty for all Matey...

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » October 18, 2014, 11:07 pm

If that plane ever does come down, think of the frequent-flyer miles the passengers will have amassed.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 23, 2014, 2:35 am

New lead in hunt for Flight MH370 as experts say 'contrails' could be key to finding plane amid claims it is NOT in ocean at all
Changes in cloud patterns could reveal the final resting place of missing Malaysian flight MH370, according to an Australian scientist.

Hydrometeorologist Aron Gingis says that MH370's path could be revealed by analysing satellite images of clouds, as their patterns are changed by planes' 'contrails' – or condensation trails - interacting with them.
Source: Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... plane.html
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 26, 2014, 6:24 pm

MH370 debris 'may drift to Indonesia'

By Jonathan Pearlman, Sydney

Source: The Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... nesia.html
Authorities searching for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, MH370, have advised Indonesia to look out for wreckage following an assessment that debris could have floated west from the suspected crash site.

As an underwater search continued in the Indian Ocean, the Australian agency overseeing the operation said debris was likely to have washed westward away from Australia towards the Indonesian coastline.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau said it regularly receives messages from Australians who believe they have found wreckage but noted that analysis of ocean currents indicated any debris was more likely to wash up in Indonesia.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 26, 2014, 6:46 pm

westward from Australia ??
Indonesia ????

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 26, 2014, 7:39 pm

Well West ish from bits of Australia :lol:

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 26, 2014, 7:45 pm

When I go to that Daily Mail link I am getting the Thai govt blocked site page.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 26, 2014, 8:09 pm

rjj04 wrote:When I go to that Daily Mail link I am getting the Thai govt blocked site page.
Yes it would appear that The Daily mail is proscribed in Thailand..

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 26, 2014, 8:32 pm

It has been like that since the junta came into force probably will not change.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 26, 2014, 9:14 pm

noosard wrote:westward from Australia ??
Indonesia ????
Yes, west.

I didn't think it added up either until I checked my trusty Googlemap.

These Aussies aren't as dumb as most Kiwis think. :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 27, 2014, 3:46 am

:D :D :D

The sandgropers think they are particularly sharp so if they can't find this plane no one can (other than our maaka). If too many cockroaches or banana benders are involved in the search the plane might get missed even it was in an obvious spot. They'll be distracted by their despair about the rugby league the other night. Actually maaka might not be much good either if he went out for a long session celebrating.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 27, 2014, 3:56 am

Ah yes, I watched it on the BBC yesterday. But to be fair, League isn't really an Aussie game. ;) :lol:

Is Downunder looking for his knuckle dusters? I'd better take me glasses orf. :shock:

Back on topic, if the wreckage will turn up in Indonesia then it will be on the far western edge of the country.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 27, 2014, 9:12 am

Downunder should agree with you Earnest. He's an AFL (Aussie Rules) man through and through. He supports Carlton. :(

Downunder used to live in or still has a house in Templestowe Melbourne. AFL is the religion in Victora. You were once asking on another thread about Templestowe. Downunder and I have been joking about Templestowe as the Black Prince of Lygon Street came from Templestowe. He was a notorious gangster and standover man. He was murdered by fellow gangsters who were mates of his because he was so out of control. Melbourne then descended into a gangland war where the big criminals were killing each other.

Here's a link to the Black Prince - in the first 10 minutes he nearly decides to kill a policeman, he kills someone who owes him some money and his mate the notorious Jason Moran (a Carlton supporter) who eventually kills the Black Prince bangs some bimbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiAwn3dZYDE

The best bit is at the 9 minute mark where the late Carl Williams appears. He's the driver of the getaway car. At this stage he's a nobody but within about 6 years he's the biggest drug dealer and a household name in Victoria. He calls himself the premier of Victoria. I bought Carl's wife's autobiography 2 days ago.

Aussie television and cinema are awesome as is this series on youtube. The last 2 or 3 programmes in this series aren't on youtube. Aussies like to pretend they are bogans but that's not true. They are very talented at things other than cricket.

And back to the topic - if they don't find this plane, no one would.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 27, 2014, 3:57 pm

Earnest wrote:
noosard wrote:westward from Australia ??
Indonesia ????
Yes, west.

I didn't think it added up either until I checked my trusty Googlemap.

These Aussies aren't as dumb as most Kiwis think. :lol:
No North !! West would take you to Africa ....

Return to “World News”