The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out

World news discussion forum
BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » June 1, 2014, 9:20 am

What a concept! Imagine what would happen if this was even suggested in the U.S.

http://content.time.com/time/video/play ... bvidrecirc

Every day I wake up is a good day.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2014, 10:01 am

It's just appalling. It says a lot about The Netherlands. I presume the law also forces a Thai wife to learn Dutch and if she can't she's out. Does the Dutch government really break up families? If a Dutch - Thai couple have kids who can speak Dutch but the Thai mum can't, do they expel her from the country? Maybe we have some Dutch members who can clarify what happens in The Netherlands.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2014, 10:09 am

From my reading of it, not speaking Dutch will preclude you from taking out Dutch citizenship, but doesn't mean you have to leave, or will be expelled.

But I could be wrong. If I am, I imagine the EC will have a bit to say about the situation.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2014, 10:14 am

And we all know the EC will need to set up 3 "think tanks" 6 "working parties" and have 4 Elections before thr wrong decision can be made

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 1, 2014, 11:10 am

BigBubba wrote:What a concept! Imagine what would happen if this was even suggested in the U.S.

The U.S. being known to be more political correct then some other countries would more likely tell it's citizen's they should learn to speak Spanish or some other foreign language.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2014, 11:12 am

merchant seaman wrote:
BigBubba wrote:What a concept! Imagine what would happen if this was even suggested in the U.S.

The U.S. being known to be more political correct then some other countries would more likely tell it's citizen's they should learn to speak Spanish or some other foreign language.
Perhaps they will get them to learn ENGLISH :-"
American to English dictionary.jpg

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 1, 2014, 11:17 am

I wonder if we would have to speak Thai if our immigration status was changed from a Non-Immigrant to Immigrant.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2014, 11:56 am

If a Thai woman has to learn Dutch with a Dutch husband rather than chat in English, then the sin sod should in my opinion go up heaps. At least 1,000,000 baht even if she has had 3 kids with 3 different fathers and she hasn't worked long in Nana.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2014, 12:08 pm

There are times GT when your remarks err on the side of really stupid.
All nations at one time or another ask that, nay demand that in some cases their immigrants learn some of the national language. if one was to apply for immigrant status here you would have to learn more than a smattering of Thai I can tell you.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » June 1, 2014, 1:14 pm

Khun Paul, you should know by now as does everyone else that GT gives a light hearted look on his reply to many threads here on UM. His approach is refreshing as is Earnest to read unbiased replies which have a nice feel and a bit of giggle. Keep up the good read.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

It's also about time the U.K Also " Got rid of the Benefit Scroungers from EU Countries...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2014, 2:36 pm

But without the "Benefit scroungers" 747, who would be left to claim the millions from the taxpayer and then hand it over in extortionately high rents to the politicians/family & friends of politicians who own the properties?

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » June 1, 2014, 2:46 pm

747man wrote:It's also about time the U.K Also " Got rid of the Benefit Scroungers from EU Countries...
Would that include all of the home grown variety and, if so, where on earth would we get rid of Liverpool to #-o
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 1, 2014, 3:28 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
747man wrote:It's also about time the U.K Also " Got rid of the Benefit Scroungers from EU Countries...
Would that include all of the home grown variety and, if so, where on earth would we get rid of Liverpool to #-o
jimbo why don't you post something worth reading,jerk head
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 1, 2014, 3:45 pm

Not funny :-#
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 1, 2014, 4:34 pm

jackspratt wrote:From my reading of it, not speaking Dutch will preclude you from taking out Dutch citizenship, but doesn't mean you have to leave, or will be expelled.
That's more like it. Rather like the British prerequisite that a person wishing to apply for citizenship should attain a standard of English qualified through an examination. Nothing to get anxious about.

Rather ironic though, that the Dutch recently considered adopting English as a second national langauge. :lol:

I've no references to support that but it was something we read about at Open University. :D

Fall out, the officers!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2014, 4:45 pm

Earnest wrote:
jackspratt wrote:From my reading of it, not speaking Dutch will preclude you from taking out Dutch citizenship, but doesn't mean you have to leave, or will be expelled.
That's more like it. Rather like the British prerequisite that a person wishing to apply for citizenship should attain a standard of English qualified through an examination. Nothing to get anxious about.

Rather ironic though, that the Dutch recently considered adopting English as a second national langauge. :lol:

I've no references to support that but it was something we read about at Open University. :D

Fall out, the officers!
Ah, thanks for explaining that Earnest, so it will be like the UK, once a person can speak a bit of the lingo, pay for the certificate (I think the "school" was in Mile End Area), they will still be able to bring 6 Aunts, 13 Uncles, six sons, eleven daughters and 22 grand parents into the country to claim their rightful benefits 8-[

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 1, 2014, 4:55 pm

'Oh no, readers....

This started out as a post on the Netherlands but will shortly descend into an Egg 'n' Beer Stain Brigade rant on Johnny Foreigner taking advantage of the English gentleman's good nature.'

Earnest falls out and retires to the barrack block to buff his parade shoes.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 1, 2014, 4:57 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
Jimbo, If you had read my post CAREFULLY You would have seen " From the EU Countries " Nowhere did I Say " Home Grown " You Silly Man !! for the last comment you made..

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 1, 2014, 5:00 pm

dezzer wrote:
JimboPSM wrote:
jimbo why don't you post something worth reading,jerk head
Ditto on that Dezzer...

Return to “World News”