World news discussion forum
Natas

Re: Happy 4th of July to all Patriots!

Post by Natas » July 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Lone Star wrote:
July 8, 2019, 10:36 am
Natas wrote:
July 8, 2019, 2:01 am
Yeah ok No Star.. Maybe time to move back to America. You seem to love it so so much. Must be hard to not be there right now.
I am curious if you even live in Thailand. How can someone so Patriotic not be in their home country.
The few months of not reading 80% of the posts on here with your name on them felt... Well it was quiet..
Glad to see there are still Americans such as yourself.. Why you are not there is beyond me. Your Thai wife must have fun watching you keyboard warrior out every morning..
"America f#$k yeah"
Always worried about ME.

If you're proud of your country of origin, BE PROUD. Post it loud and clear. I can assure you that I wouldn't enter the thread to cry about your pride and ask you why you don't live there instead. That's juvenile. Maybe you're not proud. Maybe you hate your country of origin. Up to you. I don't care one way or the other.

As Americans, we have the freedom to live wherever. We also have to file federal income tax forms, and we still retain our citizenship and right to vote. I choose to exercise those rights.

Talk to vladdie about joining the fan club.
Haha. You are entertaining. This has nothing to do with me.
I figure you are hiding from something and live in Thailand. People like yourself never leave their home. That would explain so much.. Carry on this is highly entertaining.
"America f#$k yeah"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 8, 2019, 11:28 am

Just an observation - the line between "patriotism" and jingoism has become severely blurred on this thread. :?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 8, 2019, 12:02 pm

Lone Star wrote:
July 7, 2019, 12:43 pm
Well, I don't know where you've had your head buried, but the US has been showing its true colors since its inception. Some think overall good for the rest of the world. Some think very bad for the rest of the world -- and lots on this forum in that number.
There are numerous positions in between. It's the same with the Republican - Democrat tribalism and the love - hate Trump camps. There are positions in between. You like to juice up the drama and ignore this. I'm not sure why.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 8, 2019, 12:21 pm

Natas wrote:
Yeah ok No Star.. Maybe time to move back to America. You seem to love it so so much. Must be hard to not be there right now.
I am curious if you even live in Thailand. How can someone so Patriotic not be in their home country.
The few months of not reading 80% of the posts on here with your name on them felt... Well it was quiet..
Glad to see there are still Americans such as yourself.. Why you are not there is beyond me. Your Thai wife must have fun watching you keyboard warrior out every morning..
"America f#$k yeah"
I live in Thailand and have for many years. I thank our great nation for allowing me the right to live how and wherever I choose. I thank our nation for giving me the opportunity to earn enough money to live a good life here in Thailand for the remainder of my retired life. Why wouldn't I be patriotic? I am also a proud veteran and I served with pride. I grieve for those, especially my friends, who gave their all to protect and serve our country. I readily admit to being skeptical and yes, somewhat hateful of the job some of our elected politicians are doing. It would appear that they harbor the same hate as some of the morons on this forum. Term limits are desperately needed but we will never see that happen because they are loath to give up their lucrative jobs. There should NEVER be "Professional" politicians. How do these leeches know how to govern the masses when they have never held a productive job in their lives?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 8, 2019, 1:47 pm

I wouldn't support term limits in my country but I can understand an American supporting that. It's good to have some politicians with say 30 years of institutional knowledge. I think it's important to have a professional political class but the other side of that is elections need to be a genuine contest with incumbency not being an overwhelming advantage (and no gerrymandering). I agree it's good for politicians to have work experience outside politics.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 8, 2019, 3:21 pm

Politics stinks and is a dirty business. I'd rather see new blood with original ideas and a spirit of cooperation and compromise rather than blindly following the party positions and relying on dirty tricks. It has become very apparent that very few of them are capable of independent thought. They just go with the flow so as not to endanger their party standing. When you have 435 members, it is inconceivable that one party will all agree on a single bad plan. That applies to republicans as well as democrats. Doing business as usual, nothing gets done.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 8, 2019, 4:53 pm

Gentlemen, I see no reason to call each other names. Let's all try to be civil, shall we? Even in our disagreements.

Natas

Post by Natas » July 8, 2019, 9:28 pm

glalt wrote:
July 8, 2019, 12:21 pm
Natas wrote:
"America f#$k yeah"
I live in Thailand and have for many years. I thank our great nation for allowing me the right to live how and wherever I choose. I thank our nation for giving me the opportunity to earn enough money to live a good life here in Thailand for the remainder of my retired life. Why wouldn't I be patriotic? I am also a proud veteran and I served with pride. I grieve for those, especially my friends, who gave their all to protect and serve our country. I readily admit to being skeptical and yes, somewhat hateful of the job some of our elected politicians are doing. It would appear that they harbor the same hate as some of the morons on this forum. Term limits are desperately needed but we will never see that happen because they are loath to give up their lucrative jobs. There should NEVER be "Professional" politicians. How do these leeches know how to govern the masses when they have never held a productive job in their lives?
Not exactly sure what my posts have to do with you? I was sending them to the LS man. But funny you had to chime in and wave your "Veteran Flag" so I have to pay attention.
I am glad you, LS and the rest of your "Citizens of the USA" are so proud and feel so free in Thailand.
I think (and others do too) it is sad case if you feel so proud of where you are from that it has to be put on here in an endless rhetoric. But what do you expect from bored people in front of a keyboard.
My country allows me to go wherever and stay as along as I want. I am not waving my Flag around and yapping on here.
But this is the "USA" way to do this wherever you all seem to be.
Carry on this is getting funny.
"a'merica F$%k yeah"

Natas

Post by Natas » July 8, 2019, 9:49 pm

Looks like the coin has flipped in the good old USA - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... sh-started
Happy July 4th.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 8, 2019, 11:03 pm

I've removed a number of posts which consist of little more than name calling.

Return to “World News”