Worldwide Violent Crime Report

World news discussion forum
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Worldwide Violent Crime Report

Post by Khun Paul » October 31, 2019, 6:00 pm

Speaking off the cuff here, this is not my personal thoughts but just general. The cost of a bullet is paltryr about 70p ( Uk money for each ) Surely all these bad people can be despatched an automated shooting range. all you have to do is load the bullets and hep presto that person is dea, far better than molly coddling them and making them feel better. Remove them, from the gene pool and slowly the world will improve .

Thoughts people ??

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 31, 2019, 7:00 pm

So why would you expect people to give their thoughts, when you (disingenuously) say you are not giving yours?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 1, 2019, 12:22 am

I think that's a very bad idea KP although it might appeal to some mainly older folks.

One link to a report violent crime is falling:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019 ... ll-falling

"FBI data released Monday [September 2018] suggests that the violent crime rate in the U.S. remains on a decades-long downward trend, falling by 3.9 percent in 2018. Overall, the violent crime rate has plunged by more than 50 percent since the highwater mark of the early 1990s.

The drops came across categories of violent offenses, including murder, non-negligent manslaughter and robbery, and property crimes like burglary, larceny and vehicle thefts, while aggravated assault numbers remained about flat. The rate for rape bucked this trend however, up slightly for 2018, and in each of the last six years."
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2019, 7:27 am

The bigger problem is that due to being kind to prisoners in a mis-guided attempt to change their ways and to rehabilitate them, life in incarceration is better than may experience outside.
Prisons should revert to the old system, of hard labour, priviledges if any linked to time served. Then doing the crime will not be the key to 3 meals and accommodation, rather the opposite. Banning all electronic devices etc.
Once a deterrent is in p-lace that most will not like then we can start reducing crime . Currently the Governments and the victims lose out and the offenders are in a win win situation, that has to be reversed.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 1, 2019, 8:13 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 31, 2019, 6:00 pm
Speaking off the cuff here, this is not my personal thoughts but just general. The cost of a bullet is paltryr about 70p ( Uk money for each ) Surely all these bad people can be despatched an automated shooting range. all you have to do is load the bullets and hep presto that person is dea, far better than molly coddling them and making them feel better. Remove them, from the gene pool and slowly the world will improve .

Thoughts people ??
Number 1, some are found guilty but later found innocent. Hard to correct that mistake if the person is dead. Number 2, A better deterrent is the rest of your life in a small 8 by 6 foot cell with no priviledges, visitors, tv, internet.you stay in that box and get your 2 meals a day. That is it. Number 3, If we as a race are to survive we must have compassion for Humanity and Human life. No more killing. Period. You do not have to love or even like all people but you need to have compassion for Humanity. Like I said life in a small cell by yourself would be worse than death and even though some people are horrible human beings killing them is just one step closer to killing someone else for another reason than before you know it we are back to killing all the time.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2019, 2:35 pm

Although I agree with your sentiments and also as the we are the pinnacle of the Animal kingdom, maybe we should have compassion for each and every human being , however if you took lessons from the rest of the animal kingdom, so often they leave to die those who are severely injured or disabled yet we are the opposite, they remove from their social circle those animals which do not conform hence they die, we do not. The female in particular will choose the strongest and best mate to father their young.

We as a species Homo Sapiens ignore all those things and attempt often at immense expense to make everyone's life better, WHY I ask myself, look at the bloody mess we are in now. Is it working I say to myself.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 1, 2019, 11:38 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 1, 2019, 2:35 pm
Although I agree with your sentiments and also as the we are the pinnacle of the Animal kingdom, maybe we should have compassion for each and every human being , however if you took lessons from the rest of the animal kingdom, so often they leave to die those who are severely injured or disabled yet we are the opposite, they remove from their social circle those animals which do not conform hence they die, we do not. The female in particular will choose the strongest and best mate to father their young.

We as a species Homo Sapiens ignore all those things and attempt often at immense expense to make everyone's life better, WHY I ask myself, look at the bloody mess we are in now. Is it working I say to myself.
No, it is not working and it is a mess, my suggestions will never happen and the future does not look good for humanity the way we are going. Personally I am glad I am 65 years old and lived when I did, the best times for the average person to live I really believe.

Return to “World News”