stattointhailand wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:01 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 10, 2020, 11:16 pm
glalt wrote:
February 10, 2020, 9:46 pm
glalt wrote:
February 10, 2020, 9:45 pm
Whether you like it or not, the president has the right to select his team players. If they cannot support his agenda, they are not team players.

The boss is not always right but he is sill the boss.
You are 100% wrong on that assessment. WE the people are the "boss" because he works for us.
Only if you happen to be called Trump =;
Touche

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Trump "wows" Germany

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2020, 8:53 am

TJ wrote:
February 10, 2020, 11:12 pm
This comment on the NSC might be of interest.

"According to this, obama and his handlers fattened the NSC staff to possibly over 300-400 people and used it to micromanage the other real national security agencies in govt. No wonder we ended up with puffed up toads like that ambitious Army 0-5 Vindman, who postured himself to try to guide US foreign policy with Ukraine.
Prior to obama, the Presidents focused on foreign enemy threats. Obama from 2009 began to set in place organizations to manage We the People and the GOP as domestic enemies of the progressive agenda...and saw the independent Trump as their major threat as early as 2015,"

https://www.rollcall.com/2016/04/26/fig ... ity-staff/
That's not what the linked articles says, is it. :^o

The article was written in 2016, and Vindman joined the NSC in 2018.

More Trumpy fake news, or just a flat out lie, TJ? [-X

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 11, 2020, 9:21 am

Earnest wrote:
February 10, 2020, 10:25 pm
Udon Map wrote:
February 10, 2020, 1:07 am
He has done some things that have benefited the country, and he deserves credit for them. Laws that he proposes, regulations/EOs that he issues, things that he does, -- they should all be evaluated objectively and substantively.
Like what?
Withdrawing from the Iran agreement, which I opposed from the beginning. Redefining our trade with China, although he doesn't understand that it's always more effective to accomplish things with a gentle push than it is with a sledgehammer.
Earnest wrote:
February 10, 2020, 10:25 pm
I understand you're a lawyer, would you agree that the judiciary should reflect or define its society? I'm thinking of gender and race here, of course.
No, I don't agree. People shouldn't be appointed to the judiciary based on their gender or the color of their skin.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 9:29 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 11, 2020, 8:53 am
TJ wrote:
February 10, 2020, 11:12 pm
This comment on the NSC might be of interest.

"According to this, obama and his handlers fattened the NSC staff to possibly over 300-400 people and used it to micromanage the other real national security agencies in govt. No wonder we ended up with puffed up toads like that ambitious Army 0-5 Vindman, who postured himself to try to guide US foreign policy with Ukraine.
Prior to obama, the Presidents focused on foreign enemy threats. Obama from 2009 began to set in place organizations to manage We the People and the GOP as domestic enemies of the progressive agenda...and saw the independent Trump as their major threat as early as 2015,"

https://www.rollcall.com/2016/04/26/fig ... ity-staff/
That's not what the linked articles says, is it. :^o

The article was written in 2016, and Vindman joined the NSC in 2018.

More Trumpy fake news, or just a flat out lie, TJ? [-X
Yeah, someone is taking liberties here on what this article is saying. I read it and for the life of me I do not see how TJ came to this interpretation of the article.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 11, 2020, 9:44 am

Until you allow everyone, regardless of gender or colour of skin access to the education required, the judiciary will always remain dominated by White Males who have been able to "afford" the correct education to get the jobs (or of course whose Daddy knows the right people)

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 11, 2020, 10:37 am

I heartily approve of running the government more like a business rather than like the business as usual political hacks. You cannot possibly deny that Trump's methods are working very well. It's the president's job to make sure that his team members are all pulling in the same direction. If you don't approve of his methods, you don't have to re-elect him. We'll find out next November what the voters want. Hopefully he will reduce the number of useless political appointees, even some of his own. The bloated government desperately needs thinned out.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 11, 2020, 11:20 am

"The bloated government desperately needs thinned out."

agreed ..... Starting with the bloated orange Twit ter

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 11, 2020, 2:51 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 11, 2020, 9:21 am
Withdrawing from the Iran agreement, which I opposed from the beginning.
Why did you oppose it, surely the World is safer by bringing ran into the fold? OK, agreements are not perfect in the beginning but you can build on them.
Udon Map wrote:
Redefining our trade with China, although he doesn't understand that it's always more effective to accomplish things with a gentle push than it is with a sledgehammer.
OK.
Udon Map wrote:
No, I don't agree. People shouldn't be appointed to the judiciary based on their gender or the color of their skin.
No, but I think people should be appointed based on their merits and the ethnic mix of its society. To use an analogy, what kind of issues arise when a black community is policed by a predominantly white police force? Trump appoints white conservative judges to perpetuate his right wing agenda.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 11, 2020, 3:21 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 11, 2020, 2:51 pm
Udon Map wrote:
Withdrawing from the Iran agreement, which I opposed from the beginning.
Why did you oppose it, surely the World is safer by bringing ran into the fold? OK, agreements are not perfect in the beginning but you can build on them.
Several reasons. The negotiation was terribly conducted. Every time Iran said that it wanted something else, Obama said OK. He was afraid to push back. The verification provisions, while they do exist, are terribly loose. Iran can pretty much delay any inspection until it has time to move/conceal any violations.
Earnest wrote:
February 11, 2020, 2:51 pm
Udon Map wrote:
No, but I think people should be appointed based on their merits and the ethnic mix of its society. To use an analogy, what kind of issues arise when a black community is policed by a predominantly white police force? Trump appoints white conservative judges to perpetuate his right wing agenda.
I understand your point; but presidents get to make appointments consistent with their political agenda. Conservative presidents appoint conservative judges. Liberal presidents appoint liberal judges. The Constitution was written so that it would work that way. Both parties have corrupted the process by making political "litmus" tests and making it very difficult to confirm judges when the president is from a different party from the majority of the Senate.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 11, 2020, 5:03 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 11, 2020, 3:21 pm
Several reasons. The negotiation was terribly conducted. Every time Iran said that it wanted something else, Obama said OK. He was afraid to push back. The verification provisions, while they do exist, are terribly loose. Iran can pretty much delay any inspection until it has time to move/conceal any violations.
OK, but there was a degree of visibility on Iranian development once everyone had signed up to it. The task in stopping Iran from lobbing a nuke at Israel now becomes harder.
Udon Map wrote:
February 11, 2020, 3:21 pm
I understand your point; but presidents get to make appointments consistent with their political agenda. Conservative presidents appoint conservative judges. Liberal presidents appoint liberal judges. The Constitution was written so that it would work that way. Both parties have corrupted the process by making political "litmus" tests and making it very difficult to confirm judges when the president is from a different party from the majority of the Senate.
Using 'corrupted' implies you don't agree with the process. But I can never see the US adopting a judicial appointment system exclusive of political agendas.

We should wrap up this side meeting now otherwise we run the risk of boring everyone silly.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 11, 2020, 6:24 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 11, 2020, 5:03 pm
We should wrap up this side meeting now otherwise we run the risk of boring everyone silly.
Fair enough.

Earnest wrote:
The task in stopping Iran from lobbing a nuke at Israel now becomes harder.
But as long as you raised the issue, I thought that you might enjoy this, -- seems to be relevant:

Bibi and Barack.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 11, 2020, 6:27 pm

Israel, the eventual saviours of the West, but that’s another thread 555+
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2020, 7:11 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:24 pm
Earnest wrote:
Fair enough.

Earnest wrote:
The task in stopping Iran from lobbing a nuke at Israel now becomes harder.
But as long as you raised the issue, I thought that you might enjoy this, -- seems to be relevant:

Bibi and Barack.jpg
I am sure he is saying "Barack, it's a lot harder to get away with political corruption here than in your place, so I am likely to be off to jail in a couple of years.

If I don't see you before then, enjoy your retirement, and congratulations for showing the sort of spine, in relation to Israel, that I never thought I would see from a US President."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 11, 2020, 9:47 pm

Great to hear that POTUS has "wow" ed not only Germany but China and the rest of the world today, by revealing that there is no need to worry about the coronavirus because we just have to see it out until april because the heat kills this type of virus.. I'm sure glad he put all ouir minds at ease after those nasty medical people and scientists from all over the world had been spreading "fake news" about the possibility of it turning into a pandemic , and no Vaccine being available before next year. Isn't it wonderful to have such a "large brain" working on the problem

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 11, 2020, 10:46 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:24 pm
But as long as you raised the issue, I thought that you might enjoy this, -- seems to be relevant...
I get it.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 12, 2020, 2:11 am

stattointhailand wrote:
February 11, 2020, 9:47 pm
Great to hear that POTUS has "wow" ed not only Germany but China and the rest of the world today, by revealing that there is no need to worry about the coronavirus because we just have to see it out until april because the heat kills this type of virus.. I'm sure glad he put all ouir minds at ease after those nasty medical people and scientists from all over the world had been spreading "fake news" about the possibility of it turning into a pandemic , and no Vaccine being available before next year. Isn't it wonderful to have such a "large brain" working on the problem
Dr. POTUS MD........

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Re: Trump "wows" South Korea.

Post by Sateeb » February 21, 2020, 9:10 pm

The Orange Gobshite now endears himself to the South Koreans and mocks the Oscar winners.

Seems to fancy himself as a comedian after his 8 year stint in the White House.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-ca ... r-parasite

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Trump "wows" South Korea.

Post by Stantheman » February 21, 2020, 11:43 pm

Sateeb wrote:
February 21, 2020, 9:10 pm
The Orange Gobshite now endears himself to the South Koreans and mocks the Oscar winners.

Seems to fancy himself as a comedian after his 8 year stint in the White House.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-ca ... r-parasite
He's just pandering to his racist base for now. Give him a week or so and he'll be praising his favorite brother Kim

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Trump "wows" South Korea

Post by Earnest » February 21, 2020, 11:57 pm

Yes, Trump knows the Press will report his comments, he's playing to the crowd again.

He also knows there will be hysterical liberals suitably outraged as well as supporters wondering why a US movie didn't win best picture (the Oscars are American, ain't they?).

Ah well, just a view, feel free to disagree. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 22, 2020, 6:15 pm

Trump rallies do not have "crowds" Earnest ........ they just have "mobs" doing their best to look more stupid than those at the previous rally :lol:

Return to “World News”