America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 9:22 am

he would have died then even if there had been no interaction with the police
Zactly. Now you're starting to get it. A bit like this fella last night.
The Independent
April 4, 2021

DMX is in critical condition after taking a drug overdose, it has been reported.

The rapper, 50, is believed to have been rushed to a New York hospital on Friday (2 April), with sources claiming the overdose triggered a heart attack.

According to TMZ, the rapper has “some brain activity”, but the source described him as being in a “vegetative state”.
The medical examiner wrote on June 1, if Floyd was found dead at home alone with no other apparent causes, it would be acceptable to call it an overdose. That's what killed him -- although the anxiety attack of being arrested, tried and jailed again probably didn't help his situation.

Don't do drugs, kids.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2021, 11:24 am

Giggle wrote:
April 3, 2021, 11:13 pm

Funny how the strange and curious creatures creep in from points far afield to support and defend black criminal drug addicts resisting arrest, blowing a Donkey Punch, and cashing in their chips. Very strange indeed.
You're still confused giggles. The only support Floyd has received from me is his right not to be murdered by a thuggish copper.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/m ... index.html

But great segue by you to give the forum an insight into your sexual proclivities. 8)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2021, 11:41 am

Giggle = TROLL
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 2:21 pm

Major League baseball moves the All-Star game out of the state of Georgia after the state legislature passes a law demanding voters produce a valid ID card.

When you pick up your tickets to the All-Star game, wherever it is moved, you will need to produce a valid photo ID card.

This is the upside down, hypocritical, insane world of liberal politics infecting the entire country. Why would anybody be against positive identification prior to voting? And please spare us the line that poor, oppressed black folk lack the means or faculty to obtain an ID card. It's not true, it's threadbare lie, and it's insulting to black people.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 4, 2021, 5:55 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 4, 2021, 9:22 am
Don't do drugs, kids.
Because then, according to Giggle, the police are entitled to kill you.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 4, 2021, 5:59 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 4, 2021, 2:21 pm
Major League baseball moves the All-Star game out of the state of Georgia after the state legislature passes a law demanding voters produce a valid ID card.
The law does more than that; but, as usual, you ignore any facts which are inconsistent with the narrative you're trying to advance.

It also, for example, makes it illegal to give someone a drink of water within 25 feet of a polling place. It's hot in Georgia. Sometimes people standing in line might want or need a drink.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 6:09 pm

Udon Map wrote:
April 4, 2021, 5:59 pm
illegal to give someone a drink of water within 25 feet of a polling place
Twenty-six feet too far to walk for a drink of water? That's less than eight meters. Too far? Your lame excuses are really getting desperate, Udon Map. :lol:

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 6:20 pm

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ways-vote/
I've heard it a couple times on this program, that the idea that they've criminalized giving people bottles of water. They have not. What is in the statute, what is absolutely clear, is that they're preventing political organizations from giving people in line things: meals, water, what have you. Water is and should be provided at the polls for people who are standing in line.
[The law] very specifically says that [giveaways] can't be provided by political entities seeking to one way or another influence an outcome of a vote."
Glad we've cleared that up, eh UM?
You don't have to apologize.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2021, 6:45 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 4, 2021, 2:21 pm

When you pick up your tickets to the All-Star game, wherever it is moved, you will need to produce a valid photo ID card.

This is the upside down, hypocritical, insane world of liberal politics infecting the entire country. Why would anybody be against positive identification prior to voting? And please spare us the line that poor, oppressed black folk lack the means or faculty to obtain an ID card. It's not true, it's threadbare lie, and it's insulting to black people.
No Mr G. That is an outright lie.

They objected to a raft of discriminatory changes to limit the ability for people to vote.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 4, 2021, 7:06 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 4, 2021, 6:20 pm

I've heard it a couple times on this program, that the idea that they've criminalized giving people bottles of water. They have not. What is in the statute, what is absolutely clear, is that they're preventing political organizations from giving people in line things: meals, water, what have you. Water is and should be provided at the polls for people who are standing in line.
[The law] very specifically says that [giveaways] can't be provided by political entities seeking to one way or another influence an outcome of a vote."
No apology necessary. Here's the actual language from the law, not someone's interpretation of it:
No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast: (1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established; (2) Within any polling place; or (3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place. These restrictions shall not apply to conduct occurring in private offices or areas which cannot be seen or heard by such electors.
The relevant part:
... nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector....
It doesn't say anything about "political entities seeking to one way or another influence an outcome of a vote." It repeatedly says "no person" and "any person".

I don't see the language you're referring to. Would you point it out to me, please?

"Glad we've cleared that up, eh Giggle?
You don't have to apologize."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2021, 7:10 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 3, 2021, 8:48 pm
The leftist advocacy media has poisoned any potential juror pool with their garbage agenda-driven fairy tales and nonstop cheerleading for a specific outcome -- a long way from merely presenting facts. RIP U.S. media.

For many, many months nobody saw the police body cams, and were force-fed the evil white police/poor black choirboy story. As with all the previous attempts to bolster this faux narrative, it started unravelling. First the police body cams were released showing heretofor Gentle George to be aggressive, combative, stoned and stupid. Then his partner in crime copped the Fifth wanting no part of this shitshow. Then his girlfriend explained how Eagle Scout Floyd was taken to the Hospital Emergency Room two months earlier after overdosing on drugs.

https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/
(Source documents here^)

But he's a nice, decent, honest man:

Floyd had more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail at least 5 times

He was the ringleader of a violent home invasion gang

He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money

He was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest

He was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail

He had another stint for a theft in August 1998

The judge ruled that no matter where in Minnesota the trial might be moved to, the media pollution will have reached maximum saturation. He's (the judge) probably right.
I guess if we're going to allow this history of Floyd's "priors" plus use of Fentanyl as part of Chauvin's defense, we may have to consider Chauvin's less than stellar police record including the nineteen previous complaints about his abuse of power. Fair's fair, no?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2021, 7:22 pm

tamada wrote:
April 4, 2021, 7:10 pm

I guess if we're going to allow this history of Floyd's "priors" plus use of Fentanyl as part of Chauvin's defense, we may have to consider Chauvin's less than stellar police record including the nineteen previous complaints about his abuse of power. Fair's fair, no?
Not if it doesn't suit giggley's very skewed narrative.

On the subject of which, we are still waiting giggles:
Post by Giggle » April 3, 2021, 1:04 pm
The Chauvin trial is another complete fabrication of the leftist narrative that police mistreat blacks.

They do not. Data, parsed any way you like, supports this.
Show us your data, giggles.

Superfluous adjectives not required.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2021, 7:36 pm

Chauvin's priors are not admissible for the trial. If found guilty, they are for sentencing.

[Redacted by Moderators]

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 7:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 4, 2021, 7:36 pm
Chauvin's priors ...
Priors -- slang for a criminal defendant's previous record of criminal charges, convictions, or other judicial disposal of criminal cases (such as probation, dismissal or acquittal).

Sixteen complaints were summarily dismissed with nothing more than a hardy chuckle and perhaps a muffled guffaw. Two internal letters of reprimand over a stellar 18-year span of duty with the Minneapolis PD do not qualify as "priors."

Please try harder.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2021, 8:10 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 4, 2021, 7:36 pm
Chauvin's priors are not admissible for the trial. If found guilty, they are for sentencing.
Does he have "priors"?

He certainly has a history of administrative complaints against his policing style - and I would have thought these would be very relevant to this trial.

But I may be wrong, and someone with a better understanding of the Minnesota trial system can correct me if that is the case.

Edit: Giggle's post has appeared belatedly, and just prior to mine. [Edited by Moderator]

He is not who I had in mind when I stated "a better understanding of the Minnesota trial system". ;)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 4, 2021, 8:44 pm

Jack,

I read that this is not to be part of the evidence in this trial. This is an issue in many justice systems. The theory is that prior crimes are no proof that the crime on trial is a pattern, that is all conjecture. Not sure if this is always the case, I think it is settled during pre-trial hearings. Pre-trial, both defence and prosecution argue which pieces of evidence is admissible.

However, if the crime is proven, it is taken into consideration for sentencing.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2021, 9:04 pm

This report seems to cover the issue pretty well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 020506002/

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 9:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 4, 2021, 7:22 pm
Show us your data, giggles.
Here are two, only because I'm nice. Next time do your own research and maybe you'll be less ignorant.

An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force
Roland G. Fryer Jr.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_G._Fryer_Jr.

Journal of Political Economy
Volume 127, Number 3
June 2019

https://doi.org/10.1086/701423
Not only were police not using force disproportionally against black people, but police were more hesitant, more reluctant to pull the trigger on a black person than a white person.
One more

Officer characteristics and racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings

David J. Johnson, Trevor Tress, Nicole Burkel, Carley Taylor, and Joseph Cesario
National Academy of Sciences

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877
By using a comprehensive database of FOIS during 2015, officer race, sex, or experience did not predict the race of a person fatally shot beyond relationships explained by county demographics. On the other hand, race-specific violent crime strongly predicted the race of a civilian fatally shot by police, explaining over 40% of the variance in civilian race.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 4, 2021, 9:16 pm

https://www.nber.org/system/files/worki ... w22399.pdf

This is a non-pay link to Fryer's paper that found no racial bias in police shootings.

The whole narrative is a leftist hoax to divide Americans, aided and abetted by media advocates. It's shameful.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 4, 2021, 9:34 pm

Udon Map wrote:
April 4, 2021, 7:06 pm
Giggle wrote:
April 4, 2021, 6:20 pm

No apology necessary. Here's the actual language from the law, not someone's interpretation of it:
No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast: (1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established; (2) Within any polling place; or (3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place. These restrictions shall not apply to conduct occurring in private offices or areas which cannot be seen or heard by such electors.
The relevant part:
... nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector....
It doesn't say anything about "political entities seeking to one way or another influence an outcome of a vote." It repeatedly says "no person" and "any person".

I don't see the language you're referring to. Would you point it out to me, please?

"Glad we've cleared that up, eh Giggle?
You don't have to apologize."
No comment, Giggle? Don't like to admit when you're wrong, eh?

Return to “World News”