America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2021, 4:47 pm

Biden has done nothing but pass trillion dollar "covid" bills that do nothing but fund his asinine leftist projects.

$470 million in the COVID bill doubles the budgets of The Institute of Museum and Library Services and the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities.

$200 million in the COVID bill to The Institute of Museum and Library Services (FY2019 budget: $230 million). This agency is so small that it doesn’t even employ an inspector general.

$270 million funds the National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities (FY2019 budget: $253 million) – In 2017, our study showed eighty-percent of all non-profit grant making flowed to well-heeled organizations with over $1 million in assets.

$350 billion to bailout the 50 States and the District of Columbia. The allocation formula uses the unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2020. Therefore, states like New York and California –who had strict economic lockdown policies and high unemployment – will get bailout money. States like Florida and South Dakota – who were open for business – will get less.

$128.5 billion to fund K-12 education. The CBO determined that most of the money in education will be distributed in 2022 through 2028, when the pandemic is over.

$86 billion to save nearly 200 pension plans insured by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. There are no reforms mandated while these badly managed pensions are bailed-out. Many of these pension plans are co-managed by unions.

$39.6 billion to higher education. This amount is three times the money – $12.5 billion – that higher ed received with the massive CARES Act funding from last March.

$1.5 billion for Amtrak – the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. In FY2020, Congress appropriated $3 billion for Amtrak ($2 billion in annual appropriations, plus an additional $1 billion in the CARES Act COVID relief bill). In the three years before the pandemic, AMTRAK lost $392 million – even after a $5 billion taxpayer subsidy (FY2017-FY2019).

It's a disgrace and a failure of an inept government to try and disguise unpopular freak fringe pork as part of a Covid stumulus bill.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 11, 2021, 10:26 am

Giggle wrote: It's a disgrace and a failure of an inept government to try and disguise unpopular freak fringe pork as part of a Covid stumulus bill.
I have learned that Democrats are fake about everything. Fake Americans.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 11, 2021, 10:30 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:26 am
Giggle wrote: It's a disgrace and a failure of an inept government to try and disguise unpopular freak fringe pork as part of a Covid stumulus bill.
What do you know about America? Your 12 friends here gave you the total rundown? Loser.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 11, 2021, 10:32 am

Giggle,

Congratulations, A nice change. You are quoting actual policies that you disagree with for a change. Well done. I will look at these now as it is interesting
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 11, 2021, 11:01 am

Giggle wrote:
April 10, 2021, 12:34 pm
Biden has inherited fortunate timing, the various pharma companies had all developed vaccines that were ready to ship around the time of his stewardship
Say his name -- DONALD J. TRUMP -- was responsible for that. Even a dim, brainwashed Brit can see this.
Not really true Giggle. J&J secured funding in August 2020, at that point they already had their vaccine in clinical trials, none of the R&D was funded by the US government. In fact Operations WARP speed was not even announced until May 15, 202o at that point all of the current vaccines were well down the research path. Pfizer similarly received zero funding for research or production, they received a tentative order for 5,000,000 doses based on successful trials. Similarly Moderna received zero funding for research, they did receive funding to create manufacturing plants.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... rotections

What Warp speed did was belatedly, and I mean very belatedly, respond to the pandemic that Trump said would just go away, well it didn't. By the time WARP was announced more than 100,000 US citizens had already died.

A month before WARP speed was announced, International funding through WHO had commenced funding research, Trump withdrew from WHO and contributed zero dollars to research.

Oh and Giggle, you got my nationality wrong.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 11, 2021, 11:06 am

Whistler wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:32 am
Giggle,

Congratulations, A nice change. You are quoting actual policies that you disagree with for a change. Well done. I will look at these now as it is interesting
If you are wondering where giggley drew all his unusual wisdom from (without acknowledgement), you can start here:

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/article ... 66560.html

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 11, 2021, 11:32 am

Anybody can read the bill -- it's public. Or you can read a summary of it on one of 100 websites. They all yield the same verdict: A ton of stuff that costs way too much (it's all borrowed) that has nothing to do with Wuhan Flu.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 11, 2021, 12:01 pm

Biden considering cash payments to Central America to stem migration

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-imm ... SL1N2M22DY

Brilliant! Soak the taxpayers, many of whom are out of a job, many homeless, many hurting, their kids still not in school, to send cash money directly to Central America. Send them Wuhan Flu vaccines while you're at it.

THIS is why America is coming apart at the seams. Madness.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 11, 2021, 12:02 pm

Jack still a welcome relief from mindless statements.

I would like to add something about the grant to National Endowment of the Arts and the Humanities grant. All Not-for-Profits and all government agencies spend a substantial amount of the money with the for profit sector. They buy furniture, computer equipment and software, Insurance, food, electricity, communications spending, leasing costs, automobiles etc. Nothing wrong with that and in this case it boosts the commercial sector. This a good thing.

Similarly, when you look at what the library grant was purposed for, it look like a great investment in education and native American aid.

Depends on your point of view. I spending going into a worthwhile purpose, will it introduce knock-on benefits by boosting spending? Not everybody will agree or disagree.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 11, 2021, 8:02 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 11, 2021, 11:32 am
Anybody can read the bill -- it's public. Or you can read a summary of it on one of 100 websites. They all yield the same verdict: A ton of stuff that costs way too much (it's all borrowed) that has nothing to do with Wuhan Flu.
Just like Biden's covid relief there was not much to do with covid. filled with pork. Infrastructure bill is same. Looting the treasury of the tax payers.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 11, 2021, 8:20 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:30 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
What do you know about America? Your 12 friends here gave you the total rundown? Loser.
Father American citizen. Mother Irish citizen. I am the Loser? I presumed nothing about you. I know quite a bit about America.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 11, 2021, 8:37 pm

Curious Declan - if you know quite a lot about America, why did you need to wheel in your "7 Democrat friends" last month to make your points?

I note they seem to have slipped very much into the background as you have become more assertive in posting your views.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 11, 2021, 8:53 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 11, 2021, 8:02 pm
Giggle wrote:
April 11, 2021, 11:32 am
Just like Biden's covid relief there was not much to do with covid. filled with pork. Infrastructure bill is same. Looting the treasury of the tax payers.
Declan.

Trumps tax cuts to wealthy Americans, massive tax cuts to corporates and failure to address off-shoring of profits from major corporates cost much, much more than Biden's spending. According to the IMF it produced no benefits to the American economy. The IMF in fact endorses Biden's reforms over Trump's failed policies.

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/ ... Report.pdf

Biden is pursuing a very aggressive Keynesian stimulus for the American economy, he may be right, he may be wrong, only time will tell. It is certainly a bold move and well left of centre Progressive politics. Personally, I think it is too radical, but I hope to be proven wrong. Much better minds than me have formulated the strategy.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 11, 2021, 9:51 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 11, 2021, 8:20 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:30 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
Father American citizen. Mother Irish citizen. I am the Loser? I presumed nothing about you. I know quite a bit about America.
When you initially started your campaign here you claimed that you relied on information from your "12 friends" in America to provide you with all this information. So in reality, you know nothing. Or were you lying about that?

As for your comment that Democrats are Fake Americans, let me choose another word to describe you, Idiot. Step foot on US soil and run your mouth that those who have served this country, fought for this country, died for this country, that they are "Fake Americans" and see how far you get. Just remember this, because that Bible won't help you, you would still be a foreigner here, no matter who your daddy was, do you should be careful who you call fake.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 12, 2021, 7:41 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 11, 2021, 9:51 pm

When you initially started your campaign here you claimed that you relied on information from your "12 friends" in America to provide you with all this information. So in reality, you know nothing. Or were you lying about that?

As for your comment that Democrats are Fake Americans, let me choose another word to describe you, Idiot. Step foot on US soil and run your mouth that those who have served this country, fought for this country, died for this country, that they are "Fake Americans" and see how far you get. Just remember this, because that Bible won't help you, you would still be a foreigner here, no matter who your daddy was, do you should be careful who you call fake.
You are presuming again. My work history and birthplace and citizenship and military service are my business. And yours is none of mine. 12 American friends. I told of their views and disappointment with Biden and his party. Some sent news to me to type because they could not join because of the web site time out. All true. I am only "assertive" in defending myself. Every man should be. Experience tells me that I should not waste time to answer any venom anymore. I will not take part in it. Only posting news that you do not want to read.

Ephesians 5:11 - Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 12, 2021, 7:46 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 12, 2021, 7:41 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 11, 2021, 9:51 pm

You are presuming again. My work history and birthplace and citizenship and military service are my business. And yours is none of mine. 12 American friends. I told of their views and disappointment with Biden and his party. Some sent news to me to type because they could not join because of the web site time out. All true. I am only "assertive" in defending myself. Every man should be. Experience tells me that I should not waste time to answer any venom anymore. I will not take part in it. Only posting news that you do not want to read.

Ephesians 5:11 - Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
You opened that door when you refered to Democrats as fake Americans. Please, continue to be assertive in defending yourself, and I will do the same. Fake Bible thumping Christian hypocrite.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2021, 8:05 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:

... 12 American friends. I told of their views and disappointment with Biden and his party. Some sent news to me to type because they could not join because of the web site time out. ...
Are you saying your "friends" were unable to sign up to Udonmap, a parochial and otherwise unremarkable internet forum in northeast Thailand to post their views on American politics personally? Are you suggesting that you are simply providing them a public service by relaying their thoughts here?

Maybe these "friends" that you are curiously crusading for in deepest Isaan are bots with a bad search algorithm?

YCMTSU

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 12, 2021, 8:11 am

tamada wrote:
April 12, 2021, 8:05 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:

... 12 American friends. I told of their views and disappointment with Biden and his party. Some sent news to me to type because they could not join because of the web site time out. ...
Are you saying your "friends" were unable to sign up to Udonmap, a parochial and otherwise unremarkable internet forum in northeast Thailand to post their views on American politics personally? Are you suggesting that you are simply providing them a public service by relaying their thoughts here?

Maybe these "friends" that you are curiously crusading for in deepest Isaan are bots with a bad search algorithm?

YCMTSU
Maybe a good infrastructure plan in the United States would provide them with the ability to access Udon Map with a reliable internet provider.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 12, 2021, 8:22 am

5 Uncomfortable Truths About Liberals by John Hawkins

1) Most liberals are hateful people.
2) Most liberals are clinically insane
3) Most liberals are less moral than other people.
4) Most liberals see those who disagree with them as evil people
5) Most liberals are extremely intolerant.
For examples see the recent litany of bile spewing from our resident nutjob, Ken, who doesn't even live in Thailand. What's more strange, Declan's friends who don't live here being encouraged to post on a parochial and otherwise unremarkable internet forum in northeast Thailand, or an irrational, angry, foaming-at-the-mouth spastic polluting our serene paradise from Houston.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 12, 2021, 8:25 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 12, 2021, 8:11 am
tamada wrote:
April 12, 2021, 8:05 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:

YCMTSU
Maybe a good infrastructure plan in the United States would provide them with the ability to access Udon Map with a reliable internet provider.
:lol: :lol: :lol: still running on 2G I think. Maybe his friends Amish ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “World News”