Re: America is no longer coming apart at the seams

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 11:37 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
July 29, 2020, 10:30 pm
tamada wrote:
July 29, 2020, 10:17 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 29, 2020, 8:54 pm
You misunderstood my question. What are these Democratic Mayors doing to reduce gun violence and improve living conditions in the racialized parts of the cities they govern? Your links do not answer the question.
My links, if you cared to read them suggest that this whole 'racialized' Democrat inner cities is an invention of an incumbent administration that is increasingly running scared. Your question is moot.

Yes there are riots but the Portland ones notably had virtually petered out. Then the Feds arrived uninvited and it all kicked off again.

I mentioned it in another thread that the undeniable high gun crime rate in Chicago, Illinois is greatly enabled by being right on the border with Indiana. Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country whereas Indiana, VP Mike Pence's state, has some of the most lax gun control laws in the nation.
Wrong again, the riots are out of control and getting worse. Gun control does not control illegal guns purchased and used by criminals which is also out of control. If politics have anything to do with these issues it would be the left desperately trying again to garner votes for themselves. They have tried lying and false accusations with no effect and this promoted unrest is their last kick at the can.
Racialized Democrat controlled inner cities are an invention.

The protests are a reaction to something else and it's the police that's calling some of them riots in some vain invocation of the race riots of old. I wonder why?

Yes, the criminals who can't buy a gun legally in Chicago Ill. drive over to South Chicago or Gary Ind. buy their guns legally there and bring them back. They do that because the Chicago gun control is tougher than Indiana's.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 30, 2020, 3:50 am

You misunderstood again. I was not referring to riots and justified protests. I was talking about the gang violence that seems to occur often, and the victims of that violence, and the poverty that many racialized people experience in those cities, not just Chicago. I was curious about the methods and success the Democratic Mayors of those cities, not just Chicago, were having in dealing with these urban issues. I was not interested in learning that Chicago gangs get their weapons from Gary, Indiana. That is a distraction.

But, since you raised the issue, how is the Democratic Mayor of Gary dealing with social issues in her city? Has she achieved success?
[/quote]
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 30, 2020, 5:58 am

Man oh man Tam You are going to have to pull something out of the Hat to answer this one from Lann. Maybe you have a direct line to the Democrat Leaders of Cities and States and they all pile on at once.
Good luck in answering this querie

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 30, 2020, 6:36 am

As the old saying goes "Pay me now or pay me later"
"Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, who has dismissed calls to wear a mask while working on Capitol Hill, tested positive for the coronavirus, prompting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to require members and staff to wear masks on the House floor"
This is one reason the good old USA is in trouble. Leaders who are not Leaders. Men and women who put their Rights, or Ammendments ahead of the facts Science. Its the same as those who say no, no their is no way Man evolved from the Apes (Science)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 30, 2020, 7:05 am

Well the last post shows why America is in a situation where now over 140 odd thousand have died and infection rates are through the roof. We often talk about the stupidity of Americans refusing to wear masks , showing their contempt not only for safe practices but advocating freedom to do whatever they like. But it is hardly surprising when you have elected people also Catching this Virus which shows me they really are stupid putting the Governing of the country at risk because of their attitude . Karma it seems is now working hard to redress the situation.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 30, 2020, 7:39 am

There will be a lot of jockeying going on behind the scenes in the Republican Party as they gear up for the post Trump era. One opinion writer opined that if Trump only narrowly loses the Trump forces will preserve some influence within the party.

Once out of office I expect Trump on social media to piss on President Biden multiple times a day. I can't see him acting in as dignified a manner as Bush junior has post-presidency.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2020, 8:00 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 30, 2020, 5:58 am
Man oh man Tam You are going to have to pull something out of the Hat to answer this one from Lann. Maybe you have a direct line to the Democrat Leaders of Cities and States and they all pile on at once.
Good luck in answering this querie
Unfortunately I don't personally know the man who is the Democrat Mayor of Gary or any of the others for that matter. Moot point really since it's pretty obvious that despite his skills with Google and Wiki, Laan still doesn't have any clue who Gary's mayor is anyway.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2020, 1:53 pm

Having read a few stories abut cars being driven into mostly black demonstrators with people being confronted and shot, I thought it strange that some BLM 'rioters' would be killing each other this way. Unsurprisingly for me, the following comes as bit of affirmation as to the reality of it all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minne ... d=msedgdhp

I was brought up to believe that most 'cowboys' were good guys... unless they wore a black hat of course.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 30, 2020, 3:47 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 30, 2020, 7:39 am
There will be a lot of jockeying going on behind the scenes in the Republican Party as they gear up for the post Trump era. One opinion writer opined that if Trump only narrowly loses the Trump forces will preserve some influence within the party.

Once out of office I expect Trump on social media to piss on President Biden multiple times a day. I can't see him acting in as dignified a manner as Bush junior has post-presidency.
Well he certainly does not act inb a dignified manner NOW so it will be no change and hopefully he will be made to shut up one way or the other .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 30, 2020, 4:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 28, 2020, 7:48 pm
mech_401 wrote:
July 28, 2020, 3:49 pm

joe-don jack spratt has spoken . make australia
great again . for australians. not fake aussies
Can anyone suggest an alternative translator to Google Translate - it came up empty handed when I plugged Cali's latest in. :-k
What on earth is a fake Aussie?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 30, 2020, 4:38 pm

whaddya call people who don't fit in scotland, u.s.
thailand, australia. i call them fake aussies. real
aussies don't bit*h on internet all day. jack is EX

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 30, 2020, 5:03 pm

Barnaby Joyce. :lol:

Just joking. Are there fake Americans?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 30, 2020, 10:23 pm

tamada wrote:
July 30, 2020, 8:00 am

Unfortunately I don't personally know the man who is the Democrat Mayor of Gary or any of the others for that matter. Moot point really since it's pretty obvious that despite his skills with Google and Wiki, Laan still doesn't have any clue who Gary's mayor is anyway.
Last I heard is that Karen Freeman-Wilson is the female mayor of Gary.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 30, 2020, 10:28 pm

There ya go Laan You have HER name google your question or even better yet give her a call or email

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 30, 2020, 10:57 pm

Now Trump wants to delay the election. He Tweeted it. Yup. Oh and his friend Herman Cain just died from COVID-19 about 5 weeks after attending a super spreader rally Trump held in June, against the advice of his top experts.

It will be very difficult for a future president to be worse than this sarcastic loudmouth walking around in shoes that are too big for him. No leadership at all. So bad that it's totally surreal. You couldn't write a book about this POS, it would require a volume of books.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 31, 2020, 1:53 am

I'm really looking forward to him bxtching from Trump Tower in January. That's where he belongs. Over time fewer and fewer people will take notice of the nutbar. Roll on January.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2020, 10:52 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 30, 2020, 10:23 pm

You appear to have failed your research on this one, Uncle. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... y,_Indiana

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2020, 11:24 am

mech_401 wrote:
July 30, 2020, 4:38 pm
whaddya call people who don't fit in scotland, u.s.
thailand, australia. i call them fake aussies. real
aussies don't bit*h on internet all day. jack is EX
You a fake Aussie Mech? never would have guessed, but by definition...
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 31, 2020, 1:25 pm

What we were discussing? The US becoming less divisive? I'm a bit skeptical of that proposition myself. The fault lines in the US are huge.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 1, 2020, 1:56 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2020, 10:52 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 30, 2020, 10:23 pm

You appear to have failed your research on this one, Uncle. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... y,_Indiana

Return to “World News”