The End of the NRA?

World news discussion forum
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: The End of the NRA?

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 12:30 pm

Another Prattish deflection that fails...again. Heed your own words Prat, try to follow the thread if you can without trying to make yourself look big and clever. Just so you're aware Trump's charity has nothing to do with the NRA unless you know something we don't?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 8, 2020, 12:35 pm

I would look at Oliver North's involvement, he is still the darling of the Tea Party and he is going after La Pierre. Now both the left and the right of US politics is gunning for the NRA (Excuse my pun).

The NRA is also in deep doggy doo financially, their will be limited funds to fight a protracted battle. Lets wait and see, the next few weeks will clear the fog on this action.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 8, 2020, 2:48 pm

It seems that it is not just the Attorney General of New York (who, in a different person, led to the demise of the Trump Foundation) who is after the corrupt NRA.

In a separate law suit, the District of Columbia Attorney General is also having a shot (pun intended) against a further NRA entity:
Meanwhile, D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine announced Thursday that his office filed a separate lawsuit against the NRA Foundation, which is based in Washington. Racine accused the organization of being a puppet of the NRA, despite legal requirements that it independently pursue charitable purposes. Instead, Racine said his office found, the foundation repeatedly lent the NRA money to address its rising deficits........
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Thoughts and prayers anyone?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 8, 2020, 5:16 pm

In the end I doubt if the NRA will go away but drawing its teeth and banning it from engaging in Politics and to concentrate on what it was formed for might be the way forward . One has to hope some sanity still exists in America

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 8, 2020, 5:56 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 8, 2020, 5:16 pm
One has to hope some sanity still exists in America
Huh?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 8, 2020, 6:00 pm

KP
Sanity in the USofA has all but disappeared.
I also hope one day the US will return to it Glory Days as seen in WW2, Korean and post Vietnam Police action. Every organization in the US is involved in Politics The top 10 lobbyist groups are

1) AT&T Budget $18.5 million
2) American Medical Association $20.4 Million (Lobbying for what I havent a clue) Founded 1847
3) Alphabet Inc Internet $21.7 Million
4) Business Roundtable $23.1 Million Business and Non Profits
5) Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Yearly Spending: $23.6 million Focus: Health insurance (there is 2 of them in the Medical System) Founded 1929
6) American Hospital Association Yearly Spending: $23.9 million Focus: Hospitals and healthcare networks (theres is 3 of them ) Founded 1898
7) Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America Yearly Spending: $27.9 million Focus: Pharmaceutical companies (Another one in the Medical system)
8) Open Society Policy Center Yearly Spending: $31.5 million Focus: Domestic and international government policies
What this one is about who knows??????
9) National Association of Realtors Yearly Spending: $72.8 million Focus: Real estate (give me a break???)
and at NUMBER 10

US Chamber of Commerce
Yearly Spending: $94.8 million
Focus: Business and legislation

The US Chamber of Commerce played a key part in pushing for a primarily Republican US Congress.

IN the END ITS ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 8, 2020, 6:23 pm

well, ol' Wayne LaPierre ran that organization for a long time. That kinda leads to entitled attitudes as shown by the money he wasted on travel funded by the NRA.. That the NY AG went after the NRA is surely political in nature and if she has a case, more power to her. But there are plenty of other non-profits that could stand a close look at.. Perhaps Al Sharpton's National Action Network deserves a close look too...
Dave

Return to “World News”