RIP The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip

World news discussion forum
marjamlew
udonmap.com

Re: RIP The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip

Post by marjamlew » April 18, 2021, 1:45 pm

Prof. Peter Doherty
@ProfPCDoherty
Those who fought to defeat fascism and Nazism in WW2 have largely left us, with those of us who were small children then not so far behind. Sadly, fascism & authoritarianism endure. ‘Humbling’: The only Australian invited to watch Prince Philip’s funeral.
https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ ... 57k49.html

Watch Me!!

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Post by nickboyuk » April 18, 2021, 2:07 pm

So sad to see the Queen sitting all alone. I am proud to have served her in the RN for 23 years.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 18, 2021, 3:06 pm

Totally agree, and thank goodness the camera's did not zoom in when she did lift her head. Must have been terrible to say goodbye to a companion of 73 years alone. At least the Royal Family stuck by protocol's that the people have had to endure for more than a year.GSTQ

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 18, 2021, 8:02 pm

I hate to break the bad news, but she's not far behind him. Will we have to endure another several weeks of faux mourning/self-congratulatory blubbering and prideful boasting at a provincial, hayseed ceremony? Jefus, I hope not.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 19, 2021, 11:50 am

Giggle your comments about the British Royal Family are unwarranted and in many cases downright insulting, if you cannot find anything pleasant to say. Keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself.

Her Majesty is like her Mother , Strong and Stoic and will ful-fill her promise to the day she passes away., more than can be said for many international leaders these days .It is that inbuilt sense of duty and love of her people that makes her stand Head and Shoulders above the rest of the world .

Insult her, you insult all the whole nation, so keep your mouth shut and your finger still. Thankyou.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 19, 2021, 12:07 pm

KP .. Here Here ..well said that man ...

Giggle ..with your disrespectful comments confirming again your just a sad n vile troll

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 19, 2021, 12:19 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 18, 2021, 8:02 pm
I hate to break the bad news, but she's not far behind him. Will we have to endure another several weeks of faux mourning/self-congratulatory blubbering and prideful boasting at a provincial, hayseed ceremony? Jefus, I hope not.
I too hate to break the bad news to yourself Gigs , but im afraid you will have to endure her birthday next week , and her platinum jubilee next year . Celebrating 70 years as monarch .
Thats 70 years of devotion and service to the nation , as indeed she promised when accepting the crown in 1952 .
So if you really cannot endure any more , i suggest you stop watching .

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 19, 2021, 1:50 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 18, 2021, 8:02 pm
I expect when u go no one will notice, let's hope it's good news and not far away.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 19, 2021, 2:32 pm

^ and ^^ and ^^^

It's not Giggle, it's Ashli.

Say HER name!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2021, 3:08 pm

Is it just me, or have others noticed it.

Giggle used to make provocative posts, more extreme that even the other Yanks that embarrass their countrymen by their patriotic twaddle on this forum.

But now, Giggle has gone to another level, his posts are more shrill, stupid and, dare I say it they are now at the dumbest end of the TROLL spectrum. Not even a hint of guile, just plain old puerile.

I note he is in that age group. Male menopause I suspect. The more erectile dysfunctional he has become the more shrew like his posts. We may have a budding farang ladyboy in our midst, come out giggle nobody will make fun of you, we are broad minded and understanding sweetie
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 19, 2021, 3:30 pm

Steady on. It isn't compulsory to hold the Windsors in high regard and the death of a privileged 99 year old gent isn't exactly tragic.

His first sentence is also on the mark. Queen Elizabeth is really getting on too. More change is coming ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 19, 2021, 3:43 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 19, 2021, 3:30 pm
Steady on. It isn't compulsory to hold the Windsors in high regard and the death of a privileged 99 year old gent isn't exactly tragic.

His first sentence is also on the mark. Queen Elizabeth is really getting on too. More change is coming ...
After you.

Dick.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » April 19, 2021, 3:59 pm

Well! Well! Well!
I agree with something posted by GT 93.

Sorry if that offends people, but it is true.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 19, 2021, 4:07 pm

Prince Philip may have been born into aristocratic society, but his life was no bed of roses. Born on a dining table, evacuated in an Orange crate from Corfu at 18 months, he also saw his mother committed to an Asylum and was abandoned by his father who went to live in Monte Carlo. He was then shuttled around relatives before attending Gordonstoun school. He went on to a life in the Royal Navy, serving on active duty for most of the war. He was no sickly, pampered fop. Probably why he pushed the royal family into greater contact with the masses.

I am not one for ceremony, I do not watch celebrity weddings and funerals - they got married, they died, that's news. The associated ceremonies are not.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 19, 2021, 5:00 pm

I agree that it is NOT compulsory to like the House of Windsor, but neither is it open season for speaking badly about a Family that rarely replies under any circumstances to criticism . HM might be getting older, but all here faculties are there, more than can be said for some on here I must say .
So agsan if you cannot be polite say nothing that is all I ask.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 19, 2021, 5:27 pm

I think you need to have a word to Harry and Meghan KP. They got stuck into the Duke's family in his last few weeks. They didn't even have the decency to wait until he had died.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 19, 2021, 5:59 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 19, 2021, 5:00 pm
So agsan if you cannot be polite say nothing that is all I ask.
Does this apply to you too?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 19, 2021, 7:13 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 19, 2021, 5:27 pm
I think you need to have a word to Harry and Meghan KP. They got stuck into the Duke's family in his last few weeks. They didn't even have the decency to wait until he had died.
Again, you first.

Dick.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2021, 8:34 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 19, 2021, 3:30 pm

GT, I would suggest that this is a 'close to the heart' issue from British people. I think we should respectfully honour that sensibility
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 19, 2021, 9:09 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 19, 2021, 3:08 pm
Is it just me, or have others noticed it.

I note he is in that age group. Male menopause I suspect. The more erectile dysfunctional he has become the more shrew like his posts. We may have a budding farang ladyboy in our midst, come out giggle nobody will make fun of you, we are broad minded and understanding sweetie
How would you know any of this dribble? Maybe the other members are broad minded and understanding, but you are not. In fact, you seem to become more bitter and ridiculous with every post. Is there anyone more angry with the world and the way they perceive life has treated them on this forum than you?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “World News”