"Amazing" America

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: "Amazing" America

Post by jackspratt » November 28, 2021, 8:21 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 28, 2021, 8:05 pm

Yes, the self-appointed sheriff has at least 3 or 4 know-it-all deputies and a couple of Barney Fifes bringing up the rear.
I struggle on, despite not having deputies of the intellectual firepower of UM luminaries such Ricohoc, Lone Star, WBU Alum, Elephant Warrior, et al, to help me along. :D

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 28, 2021, 8:44 pm

Yes, the Bible thumping hypocrite, the clown, and the troll “never” interject their idiotic ideologies upon others on here.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 28, 2021, 9:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 28, 2021, 7:34 pm
Interesting that you have chosen to focus on a relatively minor contributor to the US gun law discussions on the Map over the years, Declan.

Despite the muddled, and today totally incomprehensible 1791 (yes, really - 240 years ago) 2nd amendment to the now outdated US constitution, intelligent people know it is a crock.

Statto is spot on when he says "it would appear they are perfectly capable of shooting themselves in the foot without any help".
The men who wrote that document were FAR more intelligent than the politicians of today. Despite the naysayers, that document has worked well over the many years and the facts are hard to dispute even though many try. Even the incompetent corrupt politicians of today hesitate to challenge it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2021, 9:54 pm

Just another case of some guy living off his dads reputation :lol:

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 28, 2021, 10:35 pm

The authors of that great document were also smart enough to make changes difficult. Many people on both sides ridicule the "OLD" Constitution. That alone tells me that it works well even after all these years.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 28, 2021, 11:43 pm

There are Amendments that allow the Constituion to be changed. It aint that difficult as seen when they changed it to rid the US of Slavery or Prohibition was enacted under the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
So if teh Constitution needs changing it can be done

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2021, 12:24 am

Correct. There has been 27 amendments to the Constitution since it was ratified in 1789, with the last occurring in 1992.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 10:06 am

glalt wrote:
November 28, 2021, 10:35 pm
The authors of that great document were also smart enough to make changes difficult.
Yes, you are correct again. It was purposely made to be difficult to prevent a knee-jerk reaction from changing it.

It takes 3/4ths of the states to ratify an Amendment. For those weak in math, that is 38 of the 50 states that must agree with the change. The Amendment must be something of overwhelming agreement by the citizens of the United States for it to pass muster.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 10:21 am

https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/22/ky ... t-kenosha/

Kyle Rittenhouse And Every Able-Bodied Man Had A Moral Obligation To Protect Kenosha

Any able-bodied man over 16 years old had a moral obligation to defend Kenosha against vandals, looters, and arsonists attacking while police stood down.

Despite his acquittal, the left continues to smear Kyle Rittenhouse as a bloodthirsty, “Call of Duty”-playing white supremacist. But if you were in the city of Kenosha, as I was, when the riots erupted, you would know that Rittenhouse was hardly a rogue vigilante. He was one of many brave Kenoshan men who took up arms to protect their families, businesses, and beloved city when the government failed to.

Indeed, despite desperate pleas for help, Gov. Tony Evers refused to deploy adequate numbers of national guardsmen to protect the city from rioters wielding guns and fire. After 24 hours of receiving requests for aid, Evers had still sent fewer troops to Kenosha than he did to Milwaukee during the NBA finals. Local law enforcement was quickly overwhelmed.

By the second night of rioting, streams of out-of-state professional Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioters had flooded into the city. At the time, I wrote that Kenosha looked like “something I had only seen in photographs of war-torn countries.”

Grossly outnumbered, law enforcement had only enough manpower to protect public buildings in the town’s center. “They were so busy down there saving their courthouse, well what about this? I’m a taxpayer, too” said Sam, an Indian immigrant who owns a torched family-run car dealership in downtown Kenosha, two blocks from the courthouse.

Evers watched thugs and arsonists destroy businesses and terrorize Kenoshans for another 48 hours before he reluctantly agreed to accept help from President Trump and the federal government. He let Kenosha burn because he thought he could blame the unrest on Trump and enhance the political fortunes of the Democrat Party in the 2020 presidential election.

When the political fire instead turned on him, he finally changed course, but for many residents, it was too late. “Governor Evers has a huge sense of urgency for mask mandates, but when our town is burning to the flippin’ ground, he had zero sense of urgency,” said Kimberly Warner, a single mom who owns two businesses in downtown Kenosha. “He allowed our town to suffer and burn.”

Evers’s inaction resulted in $50 million in property damage that affected 100 businesses, including 40 that were put out of business for good.

It was in the face of all this destruction and turmoil that Rittenhouse decided to defend his community—yes, contrary to what the hacks at MSNBC and CNN want you to believe, Kenosha is Kyle’s community. In the daylight hours of the fateful night that changed his life, Rittenhouse was volunteering to scrub BLM graffiti off a local high school. That night, he told a reporter why he was in Kenosha—to offer medical assistance and be ready to “run[] into harm’s way” to protect people and property.

Rittenhouse was not alone. When I was in Kenosha, I observed countless men standing with baseball bats, handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns in front of their businesses and homes. In fact, my now-fiancé, who accompanied me while I was reporting, was also armed. You had to be.

Chuck, a tire shop owner, spent every night of the riots on his roof guarding his shop “with guns.” An exhausted yet vigilant Chuck glared into my iPhone camera at the time and said to the rioters, “Come to my shop and I’ll blow your heads off.”

One of the greatest examples of bravery during the riots was Robert Cobb, a 70-year-old long-time Kenosha man who was viciously beaten by BLM rioters. Cobb saw looters stealing from the 100-year-old Danish Brotherhood and simply could not stand by.

He tried to keep the horde of criminals at bay with a fire extinguisher, hoping to force them to take their masks off so they could be identified later. Rioters sneak-attacked him, though, leaving Cobb with a jaw broken in three places, a swollen eye, and stitches to a head wound. “He was trying to defend his building and they beat the s–t out of him!” the videographer sobbed in a clip that captured the assault.

Democrats in the corporate media want you to believe that citizens not only shouldn’t arm themselves in defense of their communities but that they cannot legally do so. Make no mistake, this lie is meant to justify Democrats’ continued attack on the American people’s right to bear arms. Under the Second Amendment, the citizens of Kenosha were entirely justified and legally permitted to protect themselves and their hometown, especially because law enforcement could not.

More importantly, it was Rittenhouse’s moral duty and that of all able-bodied men over the age of 16 to defend Kenosha against the vandals, looters, and arsonists who were destroying the city.

That is why Democrats and their allies in the media want you to believe that Rittenhouse and other Kenoshans who stood up for themselves are murderous white supremacists. These brave citizens and their “toxic masculinity” represent an existential threat to the left’s authoritarian aims. They simply cannot allow average Americans to believe they can exercise their right to bear arms and protect themselves without the government’s permission.

Rittenhouse found himself caught in the chaos. Video evidence showed him defending himself with a semi-automatic rifle against angry, gun-wielding, rioting convicted felons and child rapists. Rittenhouse ultimately fatally shot two men and wounded another, in what has now been ruled by a jury an act of self-defense.

“I didn’t intend to kill them. I intended to stop the people who were attacking me,” Rittenhouse said. “I did what I had to do to stop the person who was attacking me.” The truth is, Rittenhouse could have been any of my fellow Wisconsinites that night. The city was in flames and the state had abdicated its responsibility to protect its citizens. In the face of this crisis, Rittenhouse did what he had to do.

The Kenosha rioting showed America that you don’t have to cower in fear like people in Portland and Chicago. Kenoshans refused to be helpless victims when Marxist and race agitators descended on their city. Men like Rittenhouse tried to defend their hometown. For that, they should be commended as the heroes they are.
An outstanding article by a student at the University of Chicago who was there.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 29, 2021, 10:27 am

Interesting article, and it is obvious that the kid was acting in self-defence for himself and the community. Initially, I thought the kid was guilty until the video appeared.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 29, 2021, 11:36 am

Liberalism is a disease.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 11:53 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 29, 2021, 10:27 am
Interesting article, and it is obvious that the kid was acting in self-defence for himself and the community. Initially, I thought the kid was guilty until the video appeared.
If he'd stayed at home with his mom and not stopped off at his friend's house and grabbed a gun before driving 20 miles to Kenosha, there wouldn't have been any need for any sort of 'self defence'.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 11:55 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 29, 2021, 10:21 am
https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/22/ky ... t-kenosha/

Kyle Rittenhouse And Every Able-Bodied Man Had A Moral Obligation To Protect Kenosha

Any able-bodied man over 16 years old had a moral obligation to defend Kenosha against vandals, looters, and arsonists attacking while police stood down.

Despite his acquittal, the left continues to smear Kyle Rittenhouse as a bloodthirsty, “Call of Duty”-playing white supremacist. But if you were in the city of Kenosha, as I was, when the riots erupted, you would know that Rittenhouse was hardly a rogue vigilante. He was one of many brave Kenoshan men who took up arms to protect their families, businesses, and beloved city when the government failed to.

Indeed, despite desperate pleas for help, Gov. Tony Evers refused to deploy adequate numbers of national guardsmen to protect the city from rioters wielding guns and fire. After 24 hours of receiving requests for aid, Evers had still sent fewer troops to Kenosha than he did to Milwaukee during the NBA finals. Local law enforcement was quickly overwhelmed.

By the second night of rioting, streams of out-of-state professional Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioters had flooded into the city. At the time, I wrote that Kenosha looked like “something I had only seen in photographs of war-torn countries.”

Grossly outnumbered, law enforcement had only enough manpower to protect public buildings in the town’s center. “They were so busy down there saving their courthouse, well what about this? I’m a taxpayer, too” said Sam, an Indian immigrant who owns a torched family-run car dealership in downtown Kenosha, two blocks from the courthouse.

Evers watched thugs and arsonists destroy businesses and terrorize Kenoshans for another 48 hours before he reluctantly agreed to accept help from President Trump and the federal government. He let Kenosha burn because he thought he could blame the unrest on Trump and enhance the political fortunes of the Democrat Party in the 2020 presidential election.

When the political fire instead turned on him, he finally changed course, but for many residents, it was too late. “Governor Evers has a huge sense of urgency for mask mandates, but when our town is burning to the flippin’ ground, he had zero sense of urgency,” said Kimberly Warner, a single mom who owns two businesses in downtown Kenosha. “He allowed our town to suffer and burn.”

Evers’s inaction resulted in $50 million in property damage that affected 100 businesses, including 40 that were put out of business for good.

It was in the face of all this destruction and turmoil that Rittenhouse decided to defend his community—yes, contrary to what the hacks at MSNBC and CNN want you to believe, Kenosha is Kyle’s community. In the daylight hours of the fateful night that changed his life, Rittenhouse was volunteering to scrub BLM graffiti off a local high school. That night, he told a reporter why he was in Kenosha—to offer medical assistance and be ready to “run[] into harm’s way” to protect people and property.

Rittenhouse was not alone. When I was in Kenosha, I observed countless men standing with baseball bats, handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns in front of their businesses and homes. In fact, my now-fiancé, who accompanied me while I was reporting, was also armed. You had to be.

Chuck, a tire shop owner, spent every night of the riots on his roof guarding his shop “with guns.” An exhausted yet vigilant Chuck glared into my iPhone camera at the time and said to the rioters, “Come to my shop and I’ll blow your heads off.”

One of the greatest examples of bravery during the riots was Robert Cobb, a 70-year-old long-time Kenosha man who was viciously beaten by BLM rioters. Cobb saw looters stealing from the 100-year-old Danish Brotherhood and simply could not stand by.

He tried to keep the horde of criminals at bay with a fire extinguisher, hoping to force them to take their masks off so they could be identified later. Rioters sneak-attacked him, though, leaving Cobb with a jaw broken in three places, a swollen eye, and stitches to a head wound. “He was trying to defend his building and they beat the s–t out of him!” the videographer sobbed in a clip that captured the assault.

Democrats in the corporate media want you to believe that citizens not only shouldn’t arm themselves in defense of their communities but that they cannot legally do so. Make no mistake, this lie is meant to justify Democrats’ continued attack on the American people’s right to bear arms. Under the Second Amendment, the citizens of Kenosha were entirely justified and legally permitted to protect themselves and their hometown, especially because law enforcement could not.

More importantly, it was Rittenhouse’s moral duty and that of all able-bodied men over the age of 16 to defend Kenosha against the vandals, looters, and arsonists who were destroying the city.

That is why Democrats and their allies in the media want you to believe that Rittenhouse and other Kenoshans who stood up for themselves are murderous white supremacists. These brave citizens and their “toxic masculinity” represent an existential threat to the left’s authoritarian aims. They simply cannot allow average Americans to believe they can exercise their right to bear arms and protect themselves without the government’s permission.

Rittenhouse found himself caught in the chaos. Video evidence showed him defending himself with a semi-automatic rifle against angry, gun-wielding, rioting convicted felons and child rapists. Rittenhouse ultimately fatally shot two men and wounded another, in what has now been ruled by a jury an act of self-defense.

“I didn’t intend to kill them. I intended to stop the people who were attacking me,” Rittenhouse said. “I did what I had to do to stop the person who was attacking me.” The truth is, Rittenhouse could have been any of my fellow Wisconsinites that night. The city was in flames and the state had abdicated its responsibility to protect its citizens. In the face of this crisis, Rittenhouse did what he had to do.

The Kenosha rioting showed America that you don’t have to cower in fear like people in Portland and Chicago. Kenoshans refused to be helpless victims when Marxist and race agitators descended on their city. Men like Rittenhouse tried to defend their hometown. For that, they should be commended as the heroes they are.
An outstanding article by a student at the University of Chicago who was there.
So, when are you flying back to personally defend your imperiled freedoms?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 12:08 pm

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 11:55 am
A deputy arrives to promote doing what he criticizes Kyle for doing. Quite the disconnect.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 12:20 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:08 pm
tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 11:55 am
A deputy arrives to promote doing what he criticizes Kyle for doing. Quite the disconnect.
It was a serious question. Quite the deflection.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 12:23 pm

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:20 pm
It was not a serious question, but a serious attempt at deflection and identified as such.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 12:33 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:23 pm
tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:20 pm
It was not a serious question, but a serious attempt at deflection and identified as such.
So, you just gonna sit here in Isaan and wave that flag, eh?

Of course, maybe you aren't an"able-bodied man."
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 12:38 pm

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:33 pm

I am not in Issan.

My assets in the United States are far north of $2.5 million. They are all in 2 states that are governed by conservatives and not in danger. If they were, I would be there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 12:48 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:38 pm
tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:33 pm

I am not in Issan.

My assets in the United States are far north of $2.5 million. They are all in 2 states that are governed by conservatives and not in danger. If they were, I would be there.
Ah... so the nation isn't imperiled after all? That's quite a relief.

For you I mean.

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 29, 2021, 12:52 pm

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 12:48 pm

Ah... so the nation isn't imperiled after all? That's quite a relief.
Unlike Australia, New Zealand, the UK and the EU, the United States is still a free country.

Yes, it is a relief.

Return to “World News”