"Amazing" America

World news discussion forum
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: "Amazing" America

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 9:57 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 9:27 am
Country folks need guns for hunting and home protection, that's a universal. Do they need an AR-15 too? More to the point, does a kid with a 'legal' one need it in Kenosha where he doesn't even live?
Today, it's more universal to need a firearm for defense in urban areas where crime is out of control.

In order to exercise a right, there is no requirement to show need.

Did Rosa Parks "need" to keep riding those buses and sitting in the front? Did Kyle or any accused have to show a "need" for due process in his case? Does anyone "need" to speak freely and reject ideas in which they disagree? Those are all rhetorical questions.

Those not used to living a free society will always have a problem with freedom and liberty and rights.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 10:18 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 22, 2021, 9:57 am
tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 9:27 am
Country folks need guns for hunting and home protection, that's a universal. Do they need an AR-15 too? More to the point, does a kid with a 'legal' one need it in Kenosha where he doesn't even live?
Today, it's more universal to need a firearm for defense in urban areas where crime is out of control.

Did Rosa Parks "need" to keep riding those buses and sitting in the front? Did Kyle or any accused have to show a "need" for due process in his case? Does anyone "need" to speak freely and reject ideas in which they disagree? Those are all rhetorical questions.

Those not used to living a free society will always have a problem with freedom and liberty and rights.
You truly believe that the US, currently the most legislated democratic nation in world history*, is actually free?

*Google it
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:23 am

Not really followed this Rittehouse story until the verdict ... IMO ... of course you should be able to defend yourself but by this lads actions re going out armed surely he was putting himself in danger (his own choice) ..when he should really of stayed home in his bedroom playing Grand Theft Auto or watching redtube .. you stay away from sh*t like this unless of course you have a screw loose .. still to be confirmed as nothing has been said about his mental state and it is understandable that others saw him as an active shooting threat and intervened ...lets face it these multiple /mass shootings are some what a regular occurrence in the US ov A.

Seems society is split on this with protests all over the country for and against the verdict...which could lead to more murder death kill cases.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 10:28 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:18 am
You truly believe that the US, currently the most legislated democratic nation in world history*, is actually free?

*Google it
So you've now abandoned yet another argument and moving onto something else. I do not consult Google for anything.

The United States is in peril under the tyranny of the Joebama Regime; but still freer than anywhere else. And I have a right to that opinion without having to show a "need" to express my opinion.

Back to the gun issue, I think you and Beto might have a lot in common. You might want to consider a new avatar.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/21/beto-orou ... -governor/
Beto O’Rourke doubles down on vow to ‘take your AR-15, your AK-47’

Some Democrat Communist dumbasses don't realize what office they are seeking. A candidate for the governorship of Texas calling for gun confiscation. What an idiot. But we already know that Beto is an idiot.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 10:31 am

The Hill: Kyle Rittenhouse: 'I support the BLM movement'.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5825 ... m-movement

Discuss.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2021, 10:43 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:

What "right/s" was Rittenhouse exercising when:

- he asked a friend to buy, on his behalf, a semi-automatic rifle which it was illegal for him to own in his own state

- he drove numerous times while unlicensed, including from his home state of Illinois into Wisconsin

- he drive to Kenosha, taking possession of a semi-automatic weapon when he was under-age

- he decided he was going to act as a self-appointed vigilante while in Kenosha

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 10:45 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:28 am
tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:18 am

*Google it
So you've now abandoned yet another argument and moving onto something else. I do not consult Google for anything.

The United States is in peril under the tyranny of the Joebama Regime; but still freer than anywhere else. And I have a right to that opinion without having to show a "need" to express my opinion.

Back to the gun issue, I think you and Beto might have a lot in common. You might want to consider a new avatar.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/21/beto-orou ... -governor/
Beto O’Rourke doubles down on vow to ‘take your AR-15, your AK-47’

Some Democrat Communist dumbasses don't realize what office they are seeking. A candidate for the governorship of Texas calling for gun confiscation. What an idiot. But we already know that Beto is an idiot.
Me abandoning arguments? Just pressing all of those America's exceptionalism buttons.

Freer than what now? Finland maybe? Or Japan? Or Chile?

The US is in peril from gun waving dinosaurs like yourself. Note I didn't call anyone an idiot or a dumbass but it was a close call.

Just my opinion though. An opinion I also have a right to.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 22, 2021, 12:46 pm

I have never been a Rambo wannabe. I always had a good gun collection usually about a dozen different types. I have never owned an assault rifle. My favorite home defense weapon was an 870 Remington pump shotgun. It was always in easy reach and both my kids knew how to use it even though my daughter disliked guns. My son was a natural lefty but he had a dominant right eye. For that reason, I taught him how to shoot right handed and he became totally ambidextrous. He often thanked me for developing that ability.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 22, 2021, 12:57 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:43 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:

- he asked a friend to buy, on his behalf, a semi-automatic rifle which it was illegal for him to own in his own state

- he drove numerous times while unlicensed, including from his home state of Illinois into Wisconsin

- he drive to Kenosha, taking possession of a semi-automatic weapon when he was under-age

He was demonstrating his right of self defense. The libtards are busily attempting to chip away at our rights. They have not succeeded at eliminating that right yet, but they are busily working on it. He would not have had to shoot the thugs if they had not attacked him.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2021, 1:31 pm

glalt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 12:57 pm

He was demonstrating his right of self defense. The libtards are busily attempting to chip away at our rights. They have not succeeded at eliminating that right yet, but they are busily working on it. He would not have had to shoot the thugs if they had not attacked him.
By the fact of even being there, he was demonstrating his choice to be a self-appointed vigilante.

Is that now one of these mysterious "rights" that keep popping up on this thread, and even attract tasteless memes?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 22, 2021, 1:52 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Declan MacPherson wrote:

so he was a criminal who owned a gun illegally
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 22, 2021, 2:14 pm

For those of you who are still unsure if Rittenhouse is innocent, here is your evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkTnQfjRvk0
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 2:31 pm

Some people do not read so good.

Kyle was in legal possession of the rifle, the prosecution admitted it during the trial, and Judge Schroeder threw out the gun charge before the jury ever deliberated.

In a free society, people are free to cross state lines and go wherever they want to go. That includes going to cities that are under siege where friends and family members reside. Kyle was initially there to help clean up after the night before.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-dismisses- ... 15769.html
Judge dismisses weapons charge against Kyle Rittenhouse just before closing arguments begin in his homicide trial
The defense team said the count should be dismissed because the AR-style semi-automatic rifle Rittenhouse brought to an August 2020 protest was not short-barreled.

Prosecutors had repeatedly argued that Wisconsin's statute was intended to prevent minors from accessing weapons, but on Monday they conceded that Rittenhouse's rifle was not short-barreled. In his ruling, Schroeder noted that the law was poorly written.

In Wisconsin, adults are legally permitted to openly carry firearms, though minors are prohibited in many circumstances. But Rittenhouse's defense attorneys had argued that the specific wording of Wisconsin's laws didn't actually bar a 17-year-old from carrying a rifle with a long barrel — only short-barreled weapons.
Good people with Guns have the ability to save their own lives.

Kyle had no criminal record and to this day is still not a criminal.

Had evidence been presented at trial that Kyle was acting as a vigilante, I doubt that he would have been found not guilty. There was no such evidence. He initially went to Kenosha to help with cleanup after the night before. Secondarily, he was assisting a business owner preserve his property since local police were overwhelmed. All of that is in courtroom testimony.

All of the evidence showed that Kyle was acting in self defense, and I'm sure that he is thankful that there were civilians filming that night instead of the corporate media reporting about "mostly peaceful protests." Even the lone survivor of "The Kenosha Hat Trick" admitted under oath on the stand that Kyle did not level his weapon at him until he pointed his firearm at Kyle. The prosecution's case was blown out the water by their own witness (whose charges the DA had dropped in return for testimony).

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 2:45 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 22, 2021, 2:14 pm
For those of you who are still unsure if Rittenhouse is innocent, here is your evidence:

Great video. Downloaded.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 22, 2021, 4:07 pm

is driving unlicensed not a crime ? . as for the gun it clearly states that the law on minors owning guns was poorly written . getting off on a technicality don't make you innocent , it makes you lucky
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 6:50 pm

glalt wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Declan MacPherson wrote:

Stand your ground which was originally a legal defense of life on your property was badly compromised when Zimmerman got away with hunting down and killing some black kid buying Skittles back in 2012. It's been further abused by allowing a teenager to grab a gun and go 'stand his ground' somewhere miles from his home.

The first legal determinant for the appropriate use of deadly force is it has to be proportionate to the threat. You can't shoot some one who pushes you. That's disproportionate. Victim Huber allegedly attacked Rittenhouse with a skateboard. In fact the only one he didn't kill that night did have a gun.

I reckon the best way to ensure that victims can be clearly identified as such and called that in a court of law is for every swinging dick with a gun and a penchant to act like a cowboy to wear the same bodycam that cops are forced to use.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 7:15 pm

glalt wrote:
Absolutely correct.

The litmus test for responding with deadly force (different in some states) is the question "Did the person fear for their life?" There is no restriction anywhere for an armed civilian to respond with reasonable or proportionate force if they fear for their life. That standard is often used with police officers, but even police officers can respond with deadly and disproportionate force if they fear for their life.

Today, there are 38 states that have some variation of a law that protects the defender and does not require them to retreat if confronted with a threat that causes them to fear for their life.

In the case of Wisconsin, the law requires a "duty to retreat," which Kyle did more than once. There was also no evidence that Kyle provoked any of the attacks, which the prosecution attempted to show; but was unsuccessful.

Only someone reading and watching the corrupt media would have a different view of the day and night.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 22, 2021, 8:05 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 22, 2021, 2:14 pm

Interesting video, sfg - it throws more light on what happened that evening. Of course, we can't be sure if it is, or is not, part of Declan's "corrupt media".

The thing that jumped out to me as I watched it (besides the WTF was the juvenile Rittenhouse even doing in Kenosha with an AR-15), was why did he make the uninvited decision to "guard" the car lot where it all kicked off. From what I have read, the owners had not requested him (or his gun-supplying mate) to do so.

He made that choice to be a vigilante. Had he made a different decision (along with numerous other decisions), 2 humans would still be alive today.

The question that many are asking (myself included) is that should you be entitled to plead "self defence" (sic) when you deliberately place yourself in a position where you are not wanted, and likely to invite a violent reaction when emotions are boiling over.

As tam suggested earlier, "Dumb kid should have stayed the f*ck at home with his mom.".

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 8:19 pm

If I understand Wisconsin State law correctly the kid did nothing illegal by anything he did. Teenagers are not often rational thinkers and from the video, you can see why he felt threatened on the three occasions. The upshot is that two people are dead from this. Perhaps the prosecution should have spent more time on his claims of self-defence than on focusing on whether he killed and shot three men. The kid already admitted to that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kyle-ritt ... -1.6256209
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 22, 2021, 8:31 pm

Look at it from the kid's view. Carrying an assault rifle should deter most thugs from attacking him. Obviously the thugs wanted to test him doubting that he would shoot them. They would have liked to steal his rifle. The victims were no loss to society. The first big ugly guy would have made me shoot him too. Then I would have reacted badly when someone kicked me in the head not to mention one other pointing a hand gun at him. He did try to run from them before shooting them.

Return to “World News”