"Amazing" America

World news discussion forum
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: "Amazing" America

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 10:04 pm

My grandfather was born in 1900, the son of a former slave. His father, and my great-great grandfather were slaves at The Cottage Plantation in West Feliciana Parish, where my great grandfather was born.

Yes, slaves and immigrants helped build the United States of America.

Going by someone's attempt to set a standard using "all able-bodied men" in America defending Kenosha, my statement of "Our ancestors were all hard-working good people." should include everyone who built America and all of their ancestors.

If that standard is now being ignored by that person, he is a HYPOCRITE.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2021, 10:15 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 30, 2021, 9:11 pm
No matter who calls the form of government a "democracy" in the United States, they are wrong.

It is not hypocrisy. They are wrong.

No matter what party. No matter what office. They are wrong.

No matter what form of government is in the United States, anyone who calls for forming a "democracy" in another country is calling for some form of a democratic government other than the totalitarian government that they have experienced. Who knows if it is a republic or not. That other country is not the United States.
Amazing ignorance ..... or is it wilful blindness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... in_America

If we leave South America, should we move to the Middle East, and start with Iran in 1953?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iran ... 7%C3%A9tat

In the name of "democracy", which you deny about your own country, America has caused blood to be spilled throughout the world.

Large, bold, and red fonts will not change that.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 30, 2021, 10:24 pm

"Our ancestors were all hard-working good people. They built the greatest country and economy in the world. And it still stands today."

Mine weren't .......... He married Charlotte Benedict the grandaughter of William Procter who founded Procter & Gamble (she had a few bob), much easier than actually working for a living .......... as for being "good" he did get a year (suspended) and $25000 fine for tax evasion in 1952 ........ that was the Cincinnati branch ........... As for the Texas branch they just happened to be in Amarillo when they found oil and gas there :lol: not sure if granny ever cooked possum though : :-$

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 30, 2021, 10:39 pm

Oh Declan, don’t get your panties in a wad. Your rhetoric knows no bounds. Remember, you posted the “all able bodied men” piece. Get over yourself Mr, I’m assuming, self righteous hypocrite.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 1, 2021, 1:21 am

I do find it ironic that so many people on this forum complain so much about the USA and it's problems while living in Thailand. The cheap cost of living you are enjoying in Thailand is due to the rich dictators controlling and abusing the poor. Basically another form of slavery and real slavery is rampant in Thailand. You say things about the USA and it's leaders that you could never say in Thailand about it's leaders because you are afraid to face the consequences. Cowards and hypocrites many of you are. The USA has it's problems and the vast majority of them are caused by the leftists which so many of you support. What do you call an army general in a three piece suit? Prime minister. What do you call an army general and his army friends in three piece suits? The government.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 1, 2021, 1:40 am

LOL. The “leftist” has nothing to do with it. The “rich dictators” you refer to come mainly from the far right in the United States. Examples of this are union busting, attempting to eliminate social security, reducing/eliminating OSHA, giving more power to big companies when it comes to NLRA and the EEOC, with many other government agencies being understaffed or eliminated to protect workers rights. Who is doing this? The Republicans. Even though I am a moderate conservative, at least my views for the most part are, most Republicans could give a ---- about workers safety and rights.

And why do you think the radical Republicans don’t want to expand and fund the IRS with more qualified auditors?

And for someone that is not living in the USA, you sure do seem to do a lot of complaining about what’s going on here. The individuals living in Thailand right now are only visitors, just like you would be here in the USA, so you would have no right to complain about what’s going on here also, yes?

They are definitely problems and issues in the United States, but it’s not just a one sided issue like some of you hypocrites would like to make it out to be.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 1, 2021, 3:30 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 1, 2021, 1:40 am
LOL. The “leftist” has nothing to do with it. The “rich dictators” you refer to come mainly from the far right in the United States. Examples of this are union busting, attempting to eliminate social security, reducing/eliminating OSHA, giving more power to big companies when it comes to NLRA and the EEOC, with many other government agencies being understaffed or eliminated to protect workers rights. Who is doing this? The Republicans. Even though I am a moderate conservative, at least my views for the most part are, most Republicans could give a **** about workers safety and rights.

And why do you think the radical Republicans don’t want to expand and fund the IRS with more qualified auditors?

And for someone that is not living in the USA, you sure do seem to do a lot of complaining. The individuals living in Thailand right now are only visitors, just like you would be here in the USA, so you would have no right to complain about what’s going on here also, yes?

They are definitely problems and issues in the United States, but it’s not just a one sided issue like some of you hypocrites would like to make it out to be.
As usual we will have to agree to disagree.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2021, 6:19 am

jai yen yen wrote:
December 1, 2021, 1:21 am
I do find it ironic that so many people on this forum complain so much about the USA and it's problems while living in Thailand. The cheap cost of living you are enjoying in Thailand is due to the rich dictators controlling and abusing the poor. Basically another form of slavery and real slavery is rampant in Thailand. You say things about the USA and it's leaders that you could never say in Thailand about it's leaders because you are afraid to face the consequences. Cowards and hypocrites many of you are. The USA has it's problems and the vast majority of them are caused by the leftists which so many of you support. What do you call an army general in a three piece suit? Prime minister. What do you call an army general and his army friends in three piece suits? The government.
I think I'll just leave this one way, way out somewhere in left field where we found it
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2021, 6:27 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:04 pm

My grandfather was born in 1900, the son of a former slave. His father, and my great-great grandfather were slaves at The Cottage Plantation in West Feliciana Parish, where my great grandfather was born.

Yes, slaves and immigrants helped build the United States of America.

Going by someone's attempt to set a standard using "all able-bodied men" in America defending Kenosha, my statement of "Our ancestors were all hard-working good people." should include everyone who built America and all of their ancestors.

If that standard is now being ignored by that person, he is a HYPOCRITE.
The article quoted from The Federalist was written by a woman. I haven't given any alleged hypocrisy much thought but just looking at her "able-bodied men" diatribe, she's not exactly being very inclusive now is she? Especially in this age of "me2".

She also mentions something called Antifa. What's that?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 1, 2021, 6:57 am

another 3 kids shot dead at school ,8 others injured, total of 138 gun incidents at schools in the usa this year. its all the fault of the democrats, Libtards and Antifa. amazing is an understatement. i don't know about dangerous places in america ,except schools which are definitely dodgy places to visit.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 1, 2021, 7:57 am

A Boy in Philly was shot muliple times , these sad stories shows that the American love of Guns, outweigh their love of their children and others in this once proud country which attempts even now to say we are the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Which is rather an oxymoron as if you do NOT own a GUN, that is not the case. It should now be land of the Free and of the dead !!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 1, 2021, 8:04 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:39 pm
Remember, you posted the “all able bodied men” piece.
Still do not read so good.

Yes, I posted the article about "all able-bodied men." You sought to make it about all able-bodied men in America despite the author (and I) never referring to it as anything other than the men of Kenosha.

You then made the statement that slaves and Chinese immigrants did not participate in the building of America; which no one said or even insinuated.

If "all" in your phony effort means ALL, then "all hard-working good people" should also mean ALL.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 1, 2021, 8:09 am

A writer for the Washington Post has an epiphany about 30 years too late.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/11/ ... l.html?m=1
WaPo writer discovers guns don't kill people: People do!

WaPo writer discovers guns don't kill people: People do!

At 82, Pulitzer-winner Colbert I. individual of the Washington Post had an epiphany.

Guns don't kill people: People do.

individual began his column, "For several years, I have written in late December about our city having once again reached a new and dreadful homicide mark. This time, it’s different. On Monday, the city recorded its 200th homicide in 2021 — an annual death toll not seen since 2003. And we have five more weeks to go."

Let's see. Every year he writes this column about the murders in the city. The only thing changed is the numbers, which apparently will be the highest in 18 or more years.

Not to be snarky, but does this not show how useless his annual column decrying murder is? I mean, everyone opposes murder, but murder continues. To use the illogic liberals use about drugs, the War on Murder is lost and we should just decriminalize it.

individual had some fun quoting the muckety mucks about these 200 murders so far in 2021.

Mayor Bowser said, “I was saddened to learn that our city reached a devastating statistic: 200 deaths by homicide. One death is too many.”

The police chief said, “Very troubling . . . lives that matter in our city were unnecessarily taken away too soon.”

Murder sucks. Got it.

Then came individual's epiphany.

He wrote, "The city has strong gun laws. The police have struggled to get illegal guns off the streets. The mayor is even offering large sums of money for anonymous gun tips that result in firearms recovery and arrests.

"That still hasn’t stopped residents from reaching for guns — not to sell, but to use to threaten, rob or kill one another."

He recalled his days when he had a productive life before turning into an ink-stained wretch of the Fourth Estate.

He wrote, "Many years ago, my enrollment in ROTC to become an Army officer included attendance at a summer training course using firearms with live ammunition. After military service, I did a stint in the U.S. State Department that involved training and carrying a .38 Special and later a .357 Magnum as duty weapons in a couple of protective assignments.

"Those weapons never made me want to kill anyone."

He should have spoken up sooner.

But it is never too late to change the world. Maybe at 82 he can get DC to stop blaming guns for its murders.

He ended his column, "Our crisis — the urge to kill — is the curve that needs flattening. Otherwise, the annual homicide threshold will keep rising even as mothers, grandmas and other loved ones weep, and bodies continue to fall."

Yes, evil humans have shown us that if guns are illegal, they will find them anyway. And if they cannot find them, they will use knives, automobiles, machetes, hammers, poison and anything else that can end a life.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 1, 2021, 8:11 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:15 pm

en.wikipedia.org
Wikipedia is no longer a trusted reliable source for anything.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07/16 ... y-1104431/
Co-founder warns not to trust Wikipedia; says leftists have taken over, cites blatant Biden entry
Larry Sanger, who is the co-founder of Wikipedia, is ringing alarm bells warning that the information source has been taken over by leftists who are eradicating any news that doesn’t fit their political agenda and that it can no longer be trusted.

He founded the site in 2001 along with Jimmy Wales and now claims that the project has betrayed its original mission. Sanger says it now reflects the views of the “establishment.” He noted that “teams of Democratic-leaning volunteers” are removing content that does not align with progressive ideals and cited the entries of President Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 1, 2021, 8:13 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 1, 2021, 8:04 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:39 pm
Remember, you posted the “all able bodied men” piece.
Still do not read so good.

Yes, I posted the article about "all able-bodied men." You sought to make it about all able-bodied men in America despite the author (and I) never referring to it as anything other than the men of Kenosha.

You then made the statement that slaves and Chinese immigrants did not participate in the building of America; which no one said or even insinuated.

If "all" in your phony effort means ALL, then "all hard-working good people" should also mean ALL.
Apparently you don’t read so well Declan. You’re nothing but a troll posting the most far right radical opinion columns you can find on the internet. So sad.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 1, 2021, 8:14 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 1, 2021, 7:57 am
A Boy in Philly was shot muliple times , these sad stories shows that the American love of Guns, outweigh their love of their children and others in this once proud country which attempts even now to say we are the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Which is rather an oxymoron as if you do NOT own a GUN, that is not the case. It should now be land of the Free and of the dead !!
Khun Paul: "Who really cares, if Americans run around with guns killing each other"

Not aging very well.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 1, 2021, 8:29 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 1, 2021, 8:14 am
Khun Paul wrote:
December 1, 2021, 7:57 am

Khun Paul: "Who really cares, if Americans run around with guns killing each other"

Not aging very well.
Correct,only these last two incidents are children who in any NORMAL country and including AMERICA ,do not have access to firearms yet the ADULTS ( Free loving God Fearing and all that ) happily shoot children, that is what matters. Or are you so far down the line to realise that .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2021, 8:42 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 1, 2021, 8:11 am
jackspratt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:15 pm

en.wikipedia.org
Wikipedia is no longer a trusted reliable source for anything.
As you well know, Declan, those are all well documented historical events.

Wikipedia is just a convenient vehicle for aggregating them on 1 or 2 pages.

If I remember correctly, it was you - in one of your earlier guises perhaps - who admonished (and I paraphrase) "look at the content, rather than trying to discredit the source".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2021, 9:13 am

If Wiki is the haven of the leftists, what have the rightists got?

That's right, Kellyanne Conway's infamous 'alternate facts' and the like.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 1, 2021, 9:51 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2021, 8:42 am
As you well know, Declan, those are all well documented historical events.

Wikipedia is just a convenient vehicle for aggregating them on 1 or 2 pages.

If I remember correctly, it was you - in one of your earlier guises perhaps - who admonished (and I paraphrase) "look at the content, rather than trying to discredit the source".
The historical events are not questioned. The content within the source is questioned. It is exactly the CONTENT that can never be trusted again.

If I remember correctly, it has been you who casts doubt on any person or news source that has ever been wrong once or been sued or had any accusation made against them. In this case, the co-founder has warned everyone about the bias of the source.

Putting convenience before accuracy and integrity rewards inaccuracy and bias.

Return to “World News”