Post by Doodoo » November 30, 2021, 11:38 am

No it is a Republic

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: "Amazing" America

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 12:10 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 10:10 am

You have NFI about what I think about people defending their property and their lives.
I do not THINK that I know what anyone THINKS, and I certainly have no idea what the sheriff THINKS.

The weakest of all are those who think they know what others are thinking.
jackspratt wrote:
November 20, 2021, 8:46 am
Civilised countries don't maintain the death penalty, and don't allow vigilantism.
Lie reference to Kyle and George Zimmerman. Both found not guilty. Continues to promote the media's false accusation of "vigilante."

jackspratt wrote:
November 20, 2021, 7:36 pm
Oh! ........ look, there's another one who supports trigger happy, under-aged and illegal border crossing vigilantes. :?

Did I mention "civilised" earlier......
Another lie reference to Kyle being a vigilante, which was not the case. It is also not against the law to cross state lines; and he legally possessed the firearm.

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 8:09 am
Strange people, our forum conservatives and RWNJs.

They laud a kid who is a double killer - Rittenhouse, while previously lambasting another kid who is doing her best to make planet earth more sustainable for the future - Thunberg.
jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:43 am

- he drive to Kenosha, taking possession of a semi-automatic weapon when he was under-age

- he decided he was going to act as a self-appointed vigilante while in Kenosha
Legally possessed the firearm and the prosecution agreed. The charges for firearm possession were thrown out.

Wait. What? Knowing what Kyle was THINKING? There was never any evidence provided that indicated that Kyle wanted to act as "a self-appointed vigilante while in Kenosha." He stated his reasons for being there in sworn testimony, and it was supported by others.

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 1:31 pm

By the fact of even being there, he was demonstrating his choice to be a self-appointed vigilante.
Wait. Again? Knowing what Kyle was thinking? You are assuming his choice to be a vigilante? Neither were his choice and purpose for being there.

jackspratt wrote:
November 22, 2021, 8:05 pm

The thing that jumped out to me as I watched it (besides the WTF was the juvenile Rittenhouse even doing in Kenosha with an AR-15), was why did he make the uninvited decision to "guard" the car lot where it all kicked off. From what I have read, the owners had not requested him (or his gun-supplying mate) to do so.

He made that choice to be a vigilante. Had he made a different decision (along with numerous other decisions), 2 humans would still be alive today.

The question that many are asking (myself included) is that should you be entitled to plead "self defence" (sic) when you deliberately place yourself in a position where you are not wanted, and likely to invite a violent reaction when emotions are boiling over.

As tam suggested earlier, "Dumb kid should have stayed the f*ck at home with his mom.".
Kyle was asked to help. To help clean up. To help guard the car lot. Neither were an "uninvited decision." It was part of testimony.

Again with claiming to know Kyle's "choice" and what he was thinking? His choice was revealed in courtroom testimony. Then admonishing Kyle for assisting his community when law enforcement was standing down.

No one has to THINK they know what jack THINKS about defending life and property in Kenosha. Jack has repeatedly told us. Anyone can look up the rest of it themselves.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2021, 1:39 pm

This bloke's got a present for you, Declan.
31dca5cafa5d711af6b79b7ffd2f235fc5469fca.jpeg
It was your original statement about thinking - not mine.

I have said nothing about the right of people to protect their property and their lives. You assumed you knew my thinking, by saying I was part of a consensus ie you were guilty of the very thing you were accusing others of.

Rittenhouse was not protecting his property, and had placed himself in a position where he decided he needed to protect his life.

Was he a vigilante?
vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
noun
noun: vigilante; plural noun: vigilantes

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Definitions from Oxford Languages
ps love ya' large, bold font at the end. Bit desperate to get your message across, were you? :roll:

gghh
udonmap.com

Post by gghh » November 30, 2021, 1:43 pm

@DMP, isn't it time to take your medicine?

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 1:53 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 1:39 pm
You assumed you knew my thinking, by saying I was part of a consensus ie you were guilty of the very thing you were accusing others of.

Rittenhouse was not protecting his property, and had placed himself in a position where he decided he needed to protect his life.
My quote regarding the sheriff and his deputies did not refer to any thinking. It referred to beliefs that were posted for all to read; and I provided them neatly.

You are parsing. Kyle was not a member of any self-appointed group of citizens. He was invited to help, and he did.

Your reading still not so good.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 1:59 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 1:39 pm

Was he a vigilante?

vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
noun
noun: vigilante; plural noun: vigilantes

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Definitions from Oxford Languages
Had Kyle been a vigilante based on this definition or in the criminal definition, he would have been found guilty. Your repeated reference to him being such is a lie; and there is no evidence to support it.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2021, 2:01 pm

FMD! :yikes:

It's like trying to debate with a Jehovah's Witness ......... oh! wait ....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 30, 2021, 4:03 pm

Bugger me, do they still exist? ......... Thought they became extinct decades ago .......... Thats blown Darwin's theory of evolution then

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 30, 2021, 5:38 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 30, 2021, 11:38 am
No it is a Republic
Oh that is absolute twaddle
A Democracy is :
Meaning “rule by the people,” democracy is a system of government that not only allows but requires the participation of the people in the political process to function properly. U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, in his famed 1863 Gettysburg Address may have best-defined democracy as a “…government of the people, by the people, for the people…” Semantically, the term democracy comes from the Greek words for “people” (dēmos) and “rule” (karatos). However, achieving and preserving a government by the people—…

What your so-called REepublicans are doing is engineering States so that they become UN DEMOCRATIC in their voting

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 6:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 30, 2021, 5:38 pm
Doodoo wrote:
November 30, 2021, 11:38 am
No it is a Republic
Oh that is absolute twaddle
A Democracy is :
Meaning “rule by the people,” democracy is a system of government that not only allows but requires the participation of the people in the political process to function properly. U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, in his famed 1863 Gettysburg Address may have best-defined democracy as a “…government of the people, by the people, for the people…” Semantically, the term democracy comes from the Greek words for “people” (dēmos) and “rule” (karatos). However, achieving and preserving a government by the people—…

What your so-called REepublicans are doing is engineering States so that they become UN DEMOCRATIC in their voting
As usual, you are wrong, but you are entitled to be wrong and have a contrary opinion. You can also be angry again and throw another fit over your failure to understand Americans.

https://fee.org/articles/why-americas-f ... democracy/
Why America's Founders Didn't Want a Democracy

Individual Liberty and the rule of law mean nothing in a pure democracy because the majority always rules. Hence, the Framers decided on a Constitutional Republic where the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and the power of government is held through the election of representatives. These distinct differences from a pure democracy help to prevent the Republic from being subjected to mob rule.
“the Founders had no intention of creating a democracy, in the sense of a government that would be guided by popular opinion,”
The principle of liberty suggests that first and foremost, the government’s role is to protect the rights of individuals. The principle of democracy suggests that collective decisions are made according to the will of the majority…The greater the allowable scope of democracy in government, the greater the threat to liberty…In particular, the ascendancy of the concept of democracy threatens the survival of the free market economy, which is an extension of the Founders’ views on liberty.
There are numerous other articles all over the Internet that promote the same anti-democracy idea and promotion of the idea of a Constitutional Republic. Feel free to peruse them.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 30, 2021, 6:43 pm

I THINK that many of you are the product of people like Doctor Spock. Do you remember that moron? Permissive parenthood is one reason that those people are rioting, looting and burning. They believe the world owes them a living.They want everything given to them and they feel they have the right to take things from people who have worked all their lives for the property they have accumulated. That's the reason they elect democrats who promise more benefits. Those spoiled people have no respect for anything or anyone. Of course there are some people born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Have you noticed that many of them are bleeding heart liberals and become democrat politicians. As a side note, I can still THINK anything that I want, although the liberals are chipping away at our freedom of speech.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2021, 6:55 pm

Amazing America indeed.

Invading countries all over the world to impose democracy, when it (according to some of the pundits here) is not itself a democracy.

Did someone mention hypocrisy earlier?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2021, 8:15 pm

glalt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 6:43 pm
I THINK that many of you are the product of people like Doctor Spock. Do you remember that moron? Permissive parenthood is one reason that those people are rioting, looting and burning. They believe the world owes them a living.They want everything given to them and they feel they have the right to take things from people who have worked all their lives for the property they have accumulated. That's the reason they elect democrats who promise more benefits. Those spoiled people have no respect for anything or anyone. Of course there are some people born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Have you noticed that many of them are bleeding heart liberals and become democrat politicians. As a side note, I can still THINK anything that I want, although the liberals are chipping away at our freedom of speech.
glalt, it is 2021 - very soon to be 2022.

Your black & white TV view of the world ain't coming back - no matter how much you lament its passing.

The worlds of June, Ward, Wally and Theodore Cleaver have long since moved on.

Thank Budhha.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 30, 2021, 8:53 pm

You're right, I am an old timer and I do miss the good old days. I'm quite happy to stay here until my BBQ. I can't imagine even making even a brief visit back to the US.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 9:11 pm

No matter who calls the form of government a "democracy" in the United States, they are wrong.

It is not hypocrisy. They are wrong.

No matter what party. No matter what office. They are wrong.

No matter what form of government is in the United States, anyone who calls for forming a "democracy" in another country is calling for some form of a democratic government other than the totalitarian government that they have experienced. Who knows if it is a republic or not. That other country is not the United States.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 30, 2021, 9:13 pm

LOL

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 30, 2021, 9:14 pm

glalt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 8:53 pm
You're right, I am an old timer and I do miss the good old days. I'm quite happy to stay here until my BBQ. I can't imagine even making even a brief visit back to the US.
Never apologize.

Our ancestors were all hard-working good people. They built the greatest country and economy in the world. And it still stands today.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 30, 2021, 9:43 pm

Best at what?
Great at what?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 30, 2021, 9:44 pm

Yes, Chinese immigrants and slaves had nothing to do with building America into what it is today. Gotcha.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2021, 9:49 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 30, 2021, 9:14 pm
glalt wrote:
November 30, 2021, 8:53 pm
Never apologize.

Our ancestors were all hard-working good people. They built the greatest country and economy in the world. And it still stands today.
More hubris. And to think that it's still only Tuesday?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”