15yo fires shots into a Perth School

World news discussion forum
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

15yo fires shots into a Perth School

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 24, 2023, 3:01 pm

I've only been in Perth 2 days and this. Never thought I'd see it happen here!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-24/ ... /102387452

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: 15yo fires shots into a Perth School

Post by tamada » May 24, 2023, 4:31 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 24, 2023, 3:01 pm
I've only been in Perth 2 days and this. Never thought I'd see it happen here!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-24/ ... /102387452
Another police chief heavily into word salads.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 26, 2023, 5:56 pm

The 15 year old has been taken into custody, the magistrate has ordered a mental assessment of the youth. The two rifles used were both relatively small bore weapons, potentially deadly of course, but nothing like the high capacity assault weapons we see in US attacks.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 26, 2023, 6:10 pm

The quality of the parenting leaves a lot to question. Not only was the 15yo able to get hold of their (registered) rifles and ammunition but also their SUV. They are being assessed also to see if they are capable of being responsible for the boy if he is released on bail at the next court appearance on Tuesday,

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 26, 2023, 6:24 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 26, 2023, 6:10 pm
The quality of the parenting leaves a lot to question. Not only was the 15yo able to get hold of their (registered) rifles and ammunition but also their SUV. They are being assessed also to see if they are capable of being responsible for the boy if he is released on bail at the next court appearance on Tuesday,

You condem the parents, on what basis? Registered firearms in WA must be kept in a locked cabinet, but a 15 year old can figure out where the keys are. The little darlings find their hidden Xmas presents too. Houses are not bastions of security. Do you have first hand knowledge of this family that has not hit the press?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 26, 2023, 7:47 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 26, 2023, 6:10 pm
You make some reasonable points, Dero.

If this had happened in the US (and was reported), I am sure many would be aghast, and asking the same questions.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 26, 2023, 9:28 pm

yup, aghast.. No shooting but armed robbery.. 12 year old and his 6 year old brother.. Article says authorities knew the family had issues. https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2023/05/2 ... reek/[url][/url]
Dave

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 27, 2023, 6:41 am

Whistler wrote:
May 26, 2023, 6:24 pm
You condem the parents, on what basis? Registered firearms in WA must be kept in a locked cabinet, but a 15 year old can figure out where the keys are. The little darlings find their hidden Xmas presents too. Houses are not bastions of security. Do you have first hand knowledge of this family that has not hit the press?
WTF are you on about? :confused: The FACT that the kid managed to get hold of the firearms, ammo, their SUV and they are being assessed says it all!! I don't need to know em.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 27, 2023, 11:12 am

I had a good look at the various news articles, as a minor a lot of details are being suppressed. So we don't know what we don't know, you included.

As for parents being assessed, standard procedure when somebody is bailed under a supervision order, you cannot read anything into that.

Return to “World News”