The Bamboo Garden

All the latest happenings with the udonmap.com sponsors
lee
udonmap.com

The Bamboo Garden

Post by lee » April 26, 2006, 10:08 am

The Bamboo Garden is a small and quiet restaurant with bar, swimming pool and private chalet style accommodation. It's located away from the busy central area amongst a peaceful village setting.
bamboogarden.jpg
bamboogarden.jpg (266.21 KiB) Viewed 9293 times

albeach
udonmap.com

Post by albeach » April 26, 2006, 8:02 pm

Any prices available for rooms & services? Tried their website http://www.udonmap.com/bamboogarden/ , but it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

bigtilly
udonmap.com

Post by bigtilly » April 27, 2006, 9:33 am

There are 2 Chalets at the bottom of the garden & they cost 450Baht per night. I have not stayed there but I had a peek through a Chalet window & they look fine.
The cooking is done by a Thai lady at the weekends & by the English owner the rest of the time. I can't vouch for the food as we didn't eat there, we just stopped by for a couple of beers one afternoon. :D
It is a lovely place with a small pool which appeared to be very popular with the local kids.
Bill.

Hisse Bamboo Garden G H

Post by Hisse Bamboo Garden G H » November 14, 2007, 11:48 am

The Bamboo Garden Guesthouse is now under new management and I recommend you to have a look at our new website http://www.udonmap.com/bamboogarden/

Hisse (Bamboo Garden)

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 18, 2008, 6:19 am

Love the original advert advertising that you will get a freindly airport transfer,do u pay more for a victor meldue trip?
Business is still for sale or rentable,contact Frank.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 18, 2008, 5:12 pm

anyone know if new proprietors have taken over or if they are serving food there. last stopped after nice couple stopped managing it, and new managers no showed, talked with owner, and she seemed ready to return toher out of town location to continue on long distance ownership but no management, until leased out again. any changes that anyone knows about?

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 18, 2008, 6:56 pm

The owners are back at Bamboo now,hisse has gone back to Holland.

The most uptodate webpage is www.udonmap.com/bamboogarden

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 18, 2008, 7:57 pm

got the impression when i stopped in to talk with her, that she didn't have anyone there at the time, and didn't plan on making food available, but said all was here to prep own, if wanting. was in quiring as friend was thinking about a month stay, be she seemed to be going to head back out of town. which means if not emptied the pool would be green shortly, or instruction left to maintian :lol:

but food would of been necessary. thought about it couple time for couple days of quiet R&R, now not sure. watching the thunderstorm over mekong instead. 8)

valiant
udonmap.com

Re: The Bamboo Garden

Post by valiant » November 7, 2008, 3:17 pm

Has anyone stopped here recently and if so would you recommend as this is the ideal location for our visit
thanks

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 7, 2008, 5:24 pm

when you coming over, could pop down for a peek, curious myself. tuesday works for me, unless you need to know a.s.a.p and it doesn't rain tomorrow. me and the little one might get bored and go out for a cruise. sun/mon, almost busy. 8)

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » November 7, 2008, 5:28 pm

laphanphon wrote:when you coming over, could pop down for a peek, curious myself. tuesday works for me, unless you need to know a.s.a.p and it doesn't rain tomorrow. me and the little one might get bored and go out for a cruise. sun/mon, almost busy. 8)
We are coming over on December 29th and its very good of you to go and have a look.Thankyou

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » November 10, 2008, 4:22 pm

My wifes cousin has been to visit the Bamboo Garden over the Weekend and on her recommendation we
have booked two chalets for 3 nights at a reasonable price.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 10, 2008, 5:13 pm

ok, i was there today, but owners/leasors were not available to talk, out shopping for food. was going to have little lady call and ask for prices when she returned from a market run, but seems you are all squared away. went there for a late lunch, was going to give them a sample, off hours, so they figured good time to shop. pool looked well maintained, though will be chilly end of dec. good luck.

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » August 1, 2009, 6:12 pm

Is the Bamboo Garden still open we stayed there at new year it was great

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » August 2, 2009, 9:52 am

I went there a couple of months ago with the family. The owners wife got ------ because my son was laughing whilst having fun in the pool.

There was one other resident around the pool who seemed to be relaxed and about 3 or 4 other older local kids who were also using the pool, but were certainly not misbehaving.

Shame really, as I would've been a frequent visitor.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 2, 2009, 5:04 pm

Marmite the dog wrote:I went there a couple of months ago with the family. The owners wife got **** because my son was laughing whilst having fun in the pool.

There was one other resident around the pool who seemed to be relaxed and about 3 or 4 other older local kids who were also using the pool, but were certainly not misbehaving.

Didn't you see the sign..."No Larffing When In Pool".... #-o
.if that happened to my Mrs she would never set foot anywhere near a place again....neither would i actually.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » August 2, 2009, 6:56 pm

I must say, the landscaping appears very attractive. We are in the tropics after all
when some of these places take even minor pains with the gardening it looks wonderful. :-s

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 4, 2009, 8:49 am

beer monkey wrote:
Marmite the dog wrote:I went there a couple of months ago with the family. The owners wife got **** because my son was laughing whilst having fun in the pool.

Didn't you see the sign..."No Larffing When In Pool".... #-o
.if that happened to my Mrs she would never set foot anywhere near a place again....neither would i actually.
Personally I find that quite bizarre Marmite,the son laughing or making the usual Thai screaming noises :-k
I do know the owners and am seeing them soon so can bring this to their attention.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » August 4, 2009, 9:22 am

Good idea Pompui. There's always another side to the story. A long time ago (in a land far away) I had a similar incident with my son, who was about 7 or 8 at the time. We lived in a posh development in Colorado with a beautiful swimming pool, which was the main recreational activity in this otherwise boring existence. On a holiday, my son came home in tears, saying the life guard had told him he was banned from the pool and could never go there again. I took him back and confronted the lifeguard, who somewhat sheepishly told me that a whole bunch of kids were creating a disturbance, fighting, dunking other kids, even pulling down the suits of some unwilling little girls :shock: , so she told them all to "get out and don't come back". My kid just happened to be in the middle of the fray. In fact the lifeguard (a pretty little college student in a bikini, by the way), didn't even remember my kid, he certainly wasn't "banned for life" and was welcome to get back into the pool as long as he behaved himself.

Much later when I had a pool at my house, I frequently had to yell at the children of my guests for excessive horseplay, diving into the shallow end risking permanent paralysis, etc. There is something about a pool and kids that brings out the terrorist instinct in them and one has to assume the demeanor of a prison warden :fryingpan: to keep them under control before somebody gets hurt, and an expensive lawsuit follows.

Not saying that's what happened here, but it bears looking into.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 4, 2009, 9:45 am

Good point jimbo!
pompui,I would be interested in your report as I have considered spending some short school holidays there as a getaway,if the pool is sanitary and they don't object to our well mannered and closely supervised,at all times, little dog in my avatar.No screaming children! :lol:

Any info you can give would be appreciated,if positive ,might try a weekend shortly!

Who would we contact ?

Return to “Latest News From Our Sponsors”