The Bookhouse is Rebranding Itself !!

All the latest happenings with the udonmap.com sponsors
Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Librarian » September 17, 2011, 1:28 pm

we are re branding the business to reflect more accurately the style it has developed into.

originally , Nok and I moved to Udon to open a coffeeshop and bookshop
one of my book suppliers had a failed bookshop business in Bangkok, that he named The Bookhouse
a couple of years ago i bought 20,000 printed carrier bags from him, ..quite cheap with the name The Bookhouse

when we moved to Udon and rented what was just a house, we called it The Bookhouse & Coffee Shop

as the 2 years have passed , we have quite successfully developed our food business into one of Udon Thanis most popular eateries .

moving to Nong Sim Lake has seen our business surge in popularity , with increased foot traffic and groups of Thai People coming in to eat , drink and relax in our new purpose built restaurant .

we are nearing completion on our new menus .. a western menu , a western menu translated into thai , and a wine drink and cocktail menu

those that have visited will see our dessert cabinet filled up with sweet treats , Chocolate Fudge Cakes, Tiramisu, Cheesecakes, Coconut and Almond Fingers plus much much more.. this new addition to the business is proving quite popular.

the new menu will include duck dishes, we are doubling our Thai Food Selection using the finest ingredients like individual Prawns, imported mussels etc etc

sandwiches with things like Brie and Cranberry Melts, Pork Sausage and Red Onion Chutney Baguettes

a new gourmet pie range with items like
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
chicken breast , with imported button mushrooms, smoked bacon, sweetcorn cooked in a white wine, cream and cheese sauce with a puff pastry top !! are , outstanding

the old Bookhouse Style , i would describe as cafe
the new style i would describe as restaurant .

in this new location , we have been closing on Mondays,and using this time to develop new recipes

but i am very pleased to announce , as from Monday 26th September , we are open for business EVERYDAY , from 8.30am till 10pm ( or later )
if we need to close for any reason , it will be posted on the forums and signs placed in the business well in advance .

The Bookhouse and Coffeshop , doesnt reflect the fact we sell food and is quite difficult for our Thai Customers to say.

coming soon -
Olivers
Lakeside

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » September 17, 2011, 2:18 pm

Sounds spot on Jeremy ............hey its all happening at Nong Sim nowadays intit.

Good luck wth the changes .

Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Librarian » September 17, 2011, 3:00 pm

a link to some professional photos , i had taken of the business, for those that havent been yet

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 7bd&type=1
320897_10150262762141237_699231236_8069682_6024050_n.jpg

i,m actually quite pleased Chern Chim is relocating near here, we already have a crossover of customers, and 2 people promoting Nong Sim Lake , is better than 1

Librarian

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » September 17, 2011, 8:13 pm

Like your new location. :D :D :D

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » September 17, 2011, 10:44 pm

Librarian,ya should do the same as chern chim did,show your old restauant and the directions to the new.And do ya have A website?Maybe put your menu on it.Just A suggestion.

USArmy_Veteran
udonmap.com
Location: 1969-71 Khorat, 1971-73 Bangkok, presently in Udon Thani

Post by USArmy_Veteran » September 18, 2011, 6:16 pm

Nok & Jeremy,
Just recently returned to Udon and had Sunday Roast. Excellent as always. :badteeth:
Your new place is very upscale, but you've managed to keep the comfortable ambience of the old "shop". 
I'm looking forward to see what the future brings. I'm sure the additions will be in keeping with your other quality offerings.
Congratulations on the new location and wishing you both continued good fortune. :D

GEC
udonmap.com

Post by GEC » September 18, 2011, 7:40 pm

....OLIVERS....good name to choose.
Jeremy and Nok, we would like to wish you both all the best in your new restaurant and hope to see you there in the New Year.
Glen and Alan x

stoneman
udonmap.com

Post by stoneman » September 19, 2011, 8:02 am

Jeremy....Wednesday will still be Mexican Food Night or will it be a regular item on the menu?

Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Librarian » September 19, 2011, 8:35 am

Stoneman,
we will keep Mexican Wednesdays the same . only available on Wednesdays. because of the dips and sides , short shelf life ( sour cream and guacamole etc ) we will keep it to just one day and limit the wastage. but it will always be as fresh as can be.
we will have new regular guest dishes and a margarita list :D

Librarian

Return to “Latest News From Our Sponsors”