Baht What up with Dat?????

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Zama
udonmap.com

Re: Baht What up with Dat?????

Post by Zama » October 14, 2016, 6:57 am

:cry: Could be a "Good Day" to buy baht today!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 14, 2016, 11:20 am

Zama wrote::cry: Could be a "Good Day" to buy baht today!
I Thought that also..........But The Banks are NOT Panicking....Infact the Baht has Strengthened Over Night... :shock: :shock:

Zama
udonmap.com

Post by Zama » October 14, 2016, 2:27 pm

747man wrote:
Zama wrote::cry: Could be a "Good Day" to buy baht today!
I Thought that also..........But The Banks are NOT Panicking....Infact the Baht has Strengthened Over Night... :shock: :shock:
"WOW"-Baht getting stronger. Imagine that!! :confused: Thought for sure it would hit 36+ to the USD. Oh well, so much for that thought/thinking!! 8-[

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » October 14, 2016, 2:33 pm

Its geting to the 36 on www.xe.com now at 35.3 and trending upwards

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 14, 2016, 4:21 pm

I'm not so sure about that. 35.86 to the dollar on October 13th at 0830 GMT. Now 35.27.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 14, 2016, 7:38 pm

You have to look at this site. This is updated daily every time one of the Thai banks changes its rate and is absolutely accurate. For the Telegraphic Transfer rate, which is the same as the ATM rate at each bank, change the currency type to TT in the box provided.

https://daytodaydata.net/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » November 18, 2016, 1:38 pm

Its not fun to get money in euro/Dkk anymore. Jimbopsm. can you explain why the euro against the Bath, since Junta has taken over is down with almost 30% to Dollar and the baht on lost Only 8%.

I'm like many English people now thinking about its time to find a cheaper place to live. The exchange rates is very hard to swallow right now :|
EuroBathUSD.png

Zama
udonmap.com

Post by Zama » December 15, 2016, 2:54 pm

=D> Dollar surges, most markets sink on Fed rate call-Finally a "GOOD WEEK" to buy baht.

Zama
udonmap.com

Post by Zama » December 17, 2016, 12:54 pm

\:D/ USD climbing further, next week looks good.

Zama
udonmap.com

Post by Zama » December 19, 2016, 11:38 am

Hopefully the USD rate will be above 36 Baht to One USD by the end of the year! "MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR." :-D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 6, 2017, 8:11 pm

I don't know if JimboPSM is still following this thread.......maybe he has some thoughts on the news at the link below

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... y-reserves

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » February 7, 2017, 7:05 am

parrot wrote:I don't know if JimboPSM is still following this thread.......maybe he has some thoughts on the news at the link below

I hope he does, will love to hear a investor view and thoughts of this.

Today's Defense Article about the drop is here.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... erve-fears

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Baht What up with Dat?????

Post by JimboPSM » February 7, 2017, 11:04 am

parrot wrote:I don't know if JimboPSM is still following this thread.......maybe he has some thoughts on the news at the link below

While I have a few reservations caused by a lack of detail in the article, the fall in the reserves comes as absolutely no surprise as it helps to explain the divergence between the nominal USD/THB exchange rate and the international value of the USD when expressed through the US Dollar Index.

This “latest” divergence became apparent at the beginning of July 2014 and continues today thus broadly fitting the timeline in the article.

It has been apparent for some time that the THB simply could not have sustained itself at the level that it was without some kind of intervention and/or support - we now know, assuming the article is essentially correct, that the reserves were squandered maintaining the THB at a level that was not economically justifiable.

While the following chart may appear overly complex, it clearly demonstrates the marked divergence between the nominal USD/THB exchange rate and the international value of the US Dollar.

It shows just how much in percentage terms that the international value of the USD has increased since 30th June 2014 through US Dollar Indexes - DTWEXM (22.96%), DTWEXB (23.15%) & DTWEXO (23.20%).

It also shows the relatively paltry 8.15% that the USD/THB exchange rate rose over exactly the same period – or only slightly more than a third of the amount that the international value of the USD actually increased.
  • USD-THB-USDIndex2017-02-03Corrected.jpg
    Note: In the chart above, the scale on the left shows percentages and the scale on the right exchange rates – which, at least theoretically, shows the USD/THB rate reaching and exceeding 40!
Last edited by JimboPSM on February 7, 2017, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » February 7, 2017, 12:12 pm

JimboPSM. As always i like reading you post's about the economy here in Thailand.Thanks for the explanation of the exchange rate, because it seems like out of range with other currencies value. :)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » February 8, 2017, 2:02 pm

The chart below has been derived from the data used in the chart I posted earlier.

This simpler chart shows the percentage by which US Dollar Indexes – DTWEXM (Major), DTWEXB (Broad) & DTWEXO (Other Important Trading Partners) have changed when compared to the change in the USD/THB rate since 30 June 2014.

What this chart shows is that, no matter which US Dollar Index you look at, over the last two and a half years since 30th June 2014 the international value of the USD has risen some 14% more than the USD/THB rate.
  • USD-THB-USDIndex2017-02-03B.jpg
    ... and some wonder why Thai exports are underperforming and being lost to other countries ](*,)
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

So....me, not knowing squat about how all these things work, but in a position to gain/lose from the exchange rate, wants to know:
Thanks for weighing in, JimboPSM. What it all tells me (who knows next to nothing about the issue) is that we can second guess the exchange rate all we like.......maybe it'll finally succumb....and maybe it won't. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since Thaitanic.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 8, 2017, 6:43 pm

Heres a question, the whole thing of currency is gobbly gook to me :? apart from knowing a few basics, the rest of it is greek translated into latin and spoke with a Glasgow accent. first thing I don't get is the Fed reserve. seems like a countries finance is controlled by a private bank ?
now I was interested all these conspiracy theories about some wars were created to protect the $ and the gold standard was dropped because of a lack of actually having gold, and theres actually more gold sold every year than is produced. what I can't get my head around is the dollar is only paper, and if enough people handed dollars in then no way could America cover what they owe. to me sound like some shifty pyramid scheme.
I also read about the Chinese RMB.the debate of if it will become a full reserve currency. now most things I read said no chance. but one item I read , it was a comment from one economist. in it he said the problem with any predictions are that there only predictions, he reckoned he maybe able to predict the next couple of years, he also reckoned that anyone that say's they can know what it will be like in 15 years. his best guess is eventually there will be no choice. the Chinese will become so rich that the RMB will ooze out of china, there will be no choice, they have fixed their game, stack the money up and when they have enough to buy the planet, then they will just save up even more. two things Chinese love. they love gambling but they love to save too.
anyway just a ramble about my lack of knowlage of the black art of banking.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » February 9, 2017, 3:02 am

The FR is certainly shrouded in secrecy. As you can see, its power is enormous. The US (and probably British) shadow government along with the Fed, IMF and World Bank are in cahoots to manipulated the nations of the world and make them do the bidding of the Globalist. None of your nations are exempt.

Here's G. Edward Griffin on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dba9OY0QatU

The gold standard wasn't dropped because a lack of actual gold. It was dropped because they simply want to be able to print it without backing it. It's easier to manipulate fiat currency. But in a very big way, it is backed...backed by the US military and their ability to kick your A**

The paper dollars in circulation is only a small portion of the wealth of the US. Although, handing them all in would have an effect. But there no way for that to happen. That would have to be a concerted effort of all of the people in the world. And if it did, it would hurt all the people holding them, along with almost everyone else.

The Chinese are in deep sh**. Don't count on China.

If you want to invest in the stock market, for most people it's best to just buy the whole market. Put 10-15% in gold. Anyone who knows even the basics about investing knows gold isn't and investment in the same way the stock market is. It's an investment in the future--an investment in an uncertain future. That certainly always happens. Gold and silver are a hedge against inflation. When there's turmoil and stocks drop, gold and silver go up. I recommend silver. It has outperformed gold. Also rental property in first world nations if you'll be there to manage it. Play in the middle. Farmland is good if you want to work it. people will always need food and a place to live. In hard times of little money you can barter for food and a dwelling and come out ahead.

More gold can be sold every year than being produced is because there was gold produced the year before :D and the year before that, and so on....And much of it isn't physical gold. It's gold on paper.

I'm not trying to present myself as an expert. Just sharing what I know.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 8, 2017, 7:18 pm

Interesting (distressing, too!) numbers for Thai GDP (World Bank)
Attachments
17021437_10154821608931154_7496472570015550645_n.jpg

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » March 11, 2017, 2:17 pm

parrot wrote:Interesting (distressing, too!) numbers for Thai GDP (World Bank)
I do Agree. Dont look good. There must be a reason why investors take money out on the stock marked and Hot money in the bond it on the way out to.

In bangkok post today we can read that Mr Somkid that not all is good with private investment, and plea for world bank to be fair and give them a good rating, so investment can come back to thailand and perhaps the government really is out of money, to help the economy right now.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/fin ... ir-ranking
The goal is for the country to crack the top 30 for business-friendly destinations and attract more investment.
he believes that the country has made great progress and deserves a higher ranking.

It is unacceptable if other nations that have just started [to curb investment constraints] earn a better score, Mr Somkid said.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”