On Line Banking, Siam Commercial Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 25, 2012, 6:04 pm

Slowly but surely, on line banking in Thailand is offering more of the services offered back in the US. The fewer times I have to visit a bank, the better for me.

Siam Commercial Bank now offers its online customers the opportunity to open new accounts (savings and fixed at a variety of terms) online.....no documents necessary, no passbooks issued, no need to visit the bank. You have to have an online account already established. It's a step in the right direction.

https://www.scbeasy.com/v1.4/site/presi ... rv/srv.asp

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 6, 2012, 3:27 pm

Couldn't agree more with the SCB online banking site, once you learn to navigate the site it's good value. SCB made it so easy for me on my tourist visa to setup a personal savings acount in THB( used my girls house number for an address) which i can transfer into from my out of country acounts. I have, as mentioned on another post now been able to setup a joint SCB account with my nearly long time Thai GF where we have a joint access account but require 2 signatures and no ATM card attached, just the passbook. A good acount for our business dealings. Both of these accounts are able to be accessed through online banking with transfers on the spot. My only word of advice is not make my small error, when you make transactions online you will receive a OTP ( one time password) via text message to your phone as a security measure, I had my Thai mobile number used for this purpose and had it set on global roaming. It worked fine In Thailand but the phone providor is not affiliated with a carrier for where i am at the moment in the southern highlands of PNG. Only DIGICEL up here, works fine in Port Moresby, but that's a 2 hour dash 8 flight away. So if you want to do more than see whats in your account and do actual transactions and travel between a few countries like myself then make sure your registered phone number can be accessed in your country. To change the number you have to go to the bank personally with your passboo and ID. A pain now but a good additional security measure. Will just change it next visit. No worries.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 5, 2014, 11:55 am

I have been considering on setting up on-line access to our SCB account. I want to be very cautious because of Trojans and other account access scams. Has anybody had any issues or problems with on-line bank account access ? Thanks in advance for any experiences or advice
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 5, 2014, 1:07 pm

I've had on-line access to my SCB account for over 8 years now and never had any problems. One thing that you will notice though is that every time you access your account on-line you will shortly receive and e-mail from SCB telling you the account has been looked at.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 5, 2014, 1:43 pm

Shado wrote:I've had on-line access to my SCB account for over 8 years now and never had any problems. One thing that you will notice though is that every time you access your account on-line you will shortly receive and e-mail from SCB telling you the account has been looked at.
Agree......I feel safer banking with SCB online than I do with some of my stateside banks. I like the SMS and email alerts any time my account is accessed.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 5, 2014, 3:13 pm

[quote="Shado"]I've had on-line access to my SCB account for over 8 years now and never had any problems. One thing that you will notice though is that every time you access your account on-line you will shortly receive and e-mail from SCB telling you the account has been looked at.[/quote]

I really like that e-mail notice feature. My on line accounts in the states did not have that type of reporting.
They just list the last account logon after you have logged on.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 5, 2014, 7:09 pm

in attempting to expand my banking service with K-Bank to their "Cyber-Banking" I've found that the local reps in the bank have no idea what they're doing and that K-Bank's website instructions/screen shots on doing an ATM sign-up do not match what actually appears on the ATM when you try to do it.. Go figure..
Dave

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » March 5, 2014, 8:21 pm

parrot wrote:
Shado wrote:I've had on-line access to my SCB account for over 8 years now and never had any problems. One thing that you will notice though is that every time you access your account on-line you will shortly receive and e-mail from SCB telling you the account has been looked at.
Agree......I feel safer banking with SCB online than I do with some of my stateside banks. I like the SMS and email alerts any time my account is accessed.

I have to agree, I have SCB bank accounts (with SCB-Easy online access) for more than 7 years. Never had a problem.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » March 5, 2014, 8:26 pm

I use Bualuang with Bangkok Bank

All set up for years now with USD and Thai accounts

They just launched the App, Wow it's got some great features to it for money management, pie charts, etc etc

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » April 8, 2014, 3:31 pm

FYI :
Last week my wife and I inquired about on line banking at three different SCB branches got the same answer. There response was "There can be only one name on the account in order to set up on-line banking " We have a joint account. " Mi Die "

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 8, 2014, 7:25 pm

pf-flyer wrote:FYI :
Last week my wife and I inquired about on line banking at three different SCB branches got the same answer. There response was "There can be only one name on the account in order to set up on-line banking " We have a joint account. " Mi Die "
Food for thought. Open an account in your name, get the ATM card and online account, give your wife the logon to your online account as well as the PIN for the ATM. The only thing she won't be able to do is get a new passbook every year or two or three. Pretty much all other actions can be done at ATMS (deposits, withdrawals, pay bills, top up mobiles) and online (same as ATMS plus more!).

If you haven't yet tried the main branch on Phosri Rd, I suggest you talk with the senior floor manager who speaks decent English. If he says 'no can do' at least he should be able to give you a reason why.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » April 9, 2014, 6:53 am

parrot wrote:
pf-flyer wrote:FYI :

If you haven't yet tried the main branch on Phosri Rd, I suggest you talk with the senior floor manager who speaks decent English. If he says 'no can do' at least he should be able to give you a reason why.
That is the branch where we originaly set up the joint account. The clerk went a got the senior floor manager and he gave us the same answer. Bank policy " Only one name on accounts with on-line banking".

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”