Thai Economy and Spirits Are Sagging

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 7, 2016, 10:18 am

China tripped the breaker in the first 15 mins of trading today. Gold is going up safe haven, dollar doing OK. Thailand read an article yesterday said foreign money selling off in the SET, But, the ET is holding it's own so far. We have seen this in the past. Thai's are stepping in and keeping the market afloat. Now the question is how long can they do it and what will the real cost be?

My guess is if your patient you can probably buy in under 1200.

If anyone is interested I will post the companies I invested in the past. That would be companies that I research in the past. You would still need to do the due diligence on them. Just a place to start. I'm not a stock broker and don't pretend to be sharp in this. So me saying what I bought before is not a recommendation in anyway

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 7, 2016, 12:29 pm

Wonder if this will prove to be a mistake as 1997 was?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... -to-growth
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 9, 2016, 6:42 pm

Are things worse then we thought I had no idea unemployment was up. Drought how much will there be to do in the farms?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... ment-rises

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 9, 2016, 6:53 pm

bumper wrote:Are things worse then we thought I had no idea unemployment was up. Drought how much will there be to do in the farms?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... ment-rises
In the article I posted in Udon News last night (immigration police raid pork vendors stall of Vietnamese workers), several vendors mentioned the difficultly they had finding good local workers. And my drive around town today, showed no shortage of 'help wanted' signs.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 9, 2016, 8:10 pm

The two BP articles make no sense as usual. The first article describes a desire to loan money, but they are not sure if the government can borrow money to make these loans. Additionally borrowing money during an economic down turn is not what you are supposed to do.

The second article claims an increase in the farm unemployment rate, but offers no details as to what sector or which type of work is affected. Also Thailand is viewed in issolation from the global agriculture market. A great way to make policy decisions.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Economy and Spirits Are Sagging

Post by GT93 » March 11, 2020, 4:28 pm

Bangkok: Thailand needs to invest in education and create jobs in higher-income sectors, the World Bank said in a new report that showed a rising rate of poverty as the country's economy slowed.

Thailand is South-east Asia's largest economy after Indonesia but has lagged its regional peers and grew at its weakest pace in five years in 2019.

The country of 69 million reduced overall poverty over three decades to just under 10 per cent in 2018 from more than 65 per cent in 1988, but the trend started to reverse from 2016, data from the World Bank report showed.
https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia/th ... 547p8.html

Not good times for too many Thais even before the Coronavirus appeared.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”