WELLS FARGO

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
seagulls
udonmap.com

WELLS FARGO

Post by seagulls » February 8, 2017, 1:44 pm

Has anyone with a Wells Fargo online account experienced problems viewing their Accounts .
I have in the past been requested to change my password but the latest message reads WE HAVE
TEMPORARILY PREVENTED ONLINE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT because someone other than you is
attempting to access it . This has been going on for a month now and no longer temporary .I will
call tomorrow which is always a pain in the rear attempting to speak with a Banker .Also difficult
to ascertain exactly where the many phone numbers are located West coast is 15 hrs and East 12 hrs
Even though they claim 24 hr 7 days a week service I believe that is just recorded messages and a
live Banker only works 9-5 .Any imput appreciated .

rjj04
udonmap.com

Re: WELLS FARGO

Post by rjj04 » February 8, 2017, 2:22 pm

Like most of the financial websites, WFG seems to track your IP address, and when it sees an unfamiliar address it will ask you to verify your login. WFG website asked me the other day for my RSA key number to verify my login (first time ever). I think they changed some of their software at that time. I'd advise that the next time you are in the USA, or maybe they will send it overseas, I'd get an RSA key chain device from them. I think it cost $50 or thereabouts. It is an excellent way to secure your account(s).

WFG website does seem to have more downtime and hiccups then other financial websites I use. I'd try again later. Sorry, I couldn't help you much. I know it is a pain to have that happen. Paypal is my new nemesis!!

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » February 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

Sorry, missed the "a month" part :)

If you call them and can verify you account over the phone, I'd try to ask them about the RSA key. It should prevent another occurrence like that.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » February 9, 2017, 9:28 am

seagulls wrote:Has anyone with a Wells Fargo online account experienced problems viewing their Accounts .
I have in the past been requested to change my password but the latest message reads WE HAVE
TEMPORARILY PREVENTED ONLINE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT because someone other than you is
attempting to access it . This has been going on for a month now and no longer temporary .I will
call tomorrow which is always a pain in the rear attempting to speak with a Banker .Also difficult
to ascertain exactly where the many phone numbers are located West coast is 15 hrs and East 12 hrs
Even though they claim 24 hr 7 days a week service I believe that is just recorded messages and a
live Banker only works 9-5 .Any imput appreciated .
Are you using a VPN? A company that I deal with in the U.S. I was not able to access. Kept saying incorrect password. Turns out when I use a VPN and go through a U.S. based server everything works fine.

Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » February 9, 2017, 11:13 am

I don't have any problem. It's very easy if you need to call
Online Banking & Bill Pay 1-800-956-4442 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » February 9, 2017, 1:17 pm

Yes spoke extensively with a Banker early this morning and my online access is Locked and can only be unlocked
by providing him with information based in the US ie Mobile phone number ect . My business account that I had
for over 20 years and was my Life blood suddenly disappeared without any warning .I was all shook up to say the least
and spent a lot of time on the phone trying to find out what Happened .Finally I was transferred to a very
unpleasant Woman who said the account was permanently closed because I was using Billpay while living in Thailand.
I had a LOT of funds in my Business account and pleaded with her not to close the account and to just take off Billpay
as I was only using it to make online purchases .She refused and said No the account is already closed .I finally got a Money
order some weeks later .Please be careful using Billpayl and dont go through the Nightmare that I went through

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 9, 2017, 10:31 pm

They closed your account for using their own online bill paying service while non-resident in the US? Or is there another external service called Billpay that they don't like?

farlong68
udonmap.com

Post by farlong68 » February 9, 2017, 10:40 pm

best advice I can give you is dump wells fargo they are known crooks I had a terrible time with them they are the worst bankers ever .... run run as fast as you can....

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » February 10, 2017, 7:52 am

I called from Thailand Wells Fargo and set up an account with them several months ago. I explained to the banker that I was living in Thailand and He confirmed that I could do everything that I wanted to do online from Thailand with the caveat that I would register the account in care of our daughters address in the U.S. He kept assuring me that there would be no problems. After the account was setup up it was just one hassle after another when I would try to do something because I was living in Thailand.. I canceled the account 6 weeks after I set it up. The bankers will tell you anything in order to get you to set up an account.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 10, 2017, 8:05 am

pf-flyer wrote:I called from Thailand Wells Fargo and set up an account with them several months ago. I explained to the banker that I was living in Thailand and He confirmed that I could do everything that I wanted to do online from Thailand with the caveat that I would register the account in care of our daughters address in the U.S. He kept assuring me that there would be no problems. After the account was setup up it was just one hassle after another when I would try to do something because I was living in Thailand.. I canceled the account 6 weeks after I set it up. The bankers will tell you anything in order to get you to set up an account.
I've had an account with Schwab for almost a decade. Free international ATM use. All charges are refunded at the end of every month. Never a problem with the ATM transactions, wire transfers to Thai banks (not free), access to the web site or communication.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » February 10, 2017, 11:39 am

As aforementioned my business account was closed for being a non resident in the USA because I no
longer lived there .I had been using Billpay for many years and innocently and carried on using it when
I retired in Thailand .It only takes one disgruntled Banker having a bad day to just cancel your account
without warning or notice as mine was .All of my incoming funds from both the UK and USA Social security
were being paid into that Business account and had to be redirected elsewhere .Pretty shabby treatment
from Wells Fargo especially after I invested in a five year brokerage program with them and lost a third of
my lifes savings as did many others during the sub-prime mortgage crash .My broker called me and
said "Are you sitting Down" I said no I,m on the golf course adressing a shot .And yes I buggered it up and
had a miserable round .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 13, 2017, 12:01 pm

So they closed the account because you were non-resident OR they closed it because of this Billpay use? Is the Billpay you are talking about WF's own, online bill payment service OR is it some other third-party bill servicing that they don't like?

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”