Bank Holidays in Thailand for 2019

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Bank Holidays in Thailand for 2019

Post by JimboPSM » September 23, 2018, 2:25 pm

List of the official Financial Institutions’ Holidays in Thailand for the remainder of B.E. 2561 (2018) and for B.E. 2562 (2019) from the Bank of Thailand

Remaining 2018 Bank Holidays
  • 12. Monday 15th October - Substitution for Royal Memorial Day (Saturday 13th October 2018)
    13. Tuesday 23rd October - Chulalongkorn Day
    14. Wednesday 5th December - Royal Birthday / National Day / Father’s Day
    15. Monday 10th December - Constitution Day
    16. Monday 31st December - New Year’s Eve
2019 Bank Holidays
  • 1. Tuesday 1st January - New Year’s Day
    2. Tuesday 19th February - Makha Bucha Day
    3. Monday 8th April - Substitution for Chakri Memorial Day (Saturday 6th April 2019)
    4. Monday 15th April - Songkran Festival (Substitution for Saturday 13th April 2019)
    5. Tuesday 16th April - Songkran Festival (Substitution for Sunday 14th April 2019)
    6. Wednesday 1st May - National Labour Day
    7. Monday 20th May - Substitution for Wisakha Bucha Day (Saturday 18th May 2019)
    8. Tuesday 16th July - Asarnha Bucha Day
    9. Monday 29th July - Substitution for Royal Birthday (Sunday 28th July 2019)
    10. Monday 12th August - Royal Birthday
    11. Monday 14th October - Substitution for Royal Memorial Day (Sunday 13th October 2019)
    12. Wednesday 23rd October - Chulalongkorn Day
    13. Thursday 5th December - Royal Birthday / National Day / Father’s Day
    14. Tuesday 10th December - Constitution Day
    15. Tuesday 31st December - New Year’s Eve

BoT link: https://www.bot.or.th/English/Financial ... /2019.aspx
For those planning travel on or around the above holiday dates (especially Songkran) it is advisable to book flights and rooms well in advance to ensure that they are available.

Possibility of ATM shortages

Please note that when a holiday occurs on a Monday or Friday there is an increased possibility of ATM machines running dry due to it being a three day weekend.

The possibility is even greater during the two periods in 2019 (New Year and Songkran) when, including the weekend, banks will be closed for four days:
  • New Year: Banks will close on Friday 28th December 2018 and re-open on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.

Songkran: Banks will close on Friday 12th April and re-open on Wednesday 17th April.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Holidays in Thailand for 2019

Post by stattointhailand » August 14, 2019, 11:45 am

Is there ANYBODY on udon map that actually understands Thai Holidays? after 15 yrs I'm still confused.

Monday 29 July bank holiday to celebrate the birthday of His Majesty the k i n g.

Schools closed etc etc so statts doesnt bother clearing the bins as refuge collectors wont be round (unlike UK they never do extra during the week to "catch up", they just leave it and collect two weeks the following Monday)
WRONG ...... by about 10am they had been round and cleared the empty bins (probably wondering why they were going so quickly :roll: )

Monday 12th Aug bank holiday to celebrate Royal birthday

Schools closed etc etc so statts having been caught out last time sets the alarm early gets up and clears all the bins before I went out ................ Wed 14 Aug the only emptying that has been done is by the local dogs who have spread bits over most of the soi.

I really do not understand why the k i n g s birthday would be deemed the less important of the two :-k

Surely they would either collect on both days or neither day :confused:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 14, 2019, 12:00 pm

Our garbage is picked up once a week on Mondays. If Monday is a holiday, I set out the trash can. Sometimes they pick up trash on holiday-Mondays......and, if not, then on Tuesday.
Sort of the same problem in Texas......trash is picked up on some holidays, not all.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 14, 2019, 2:38 pm

You re different to us then parrot .......... if they dont come here on a Monday, then forget it until next Monday coz you aint gonna see them before.
In early 2000's I remember them collecting on another day, but thats not the case now.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 14, 2019, 2:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 14, 2019, 2:38 pm
You re different to us then parrot .......... if they dont come here on a Monday, then forget it until next Monday coz you aint gonna see them before.
In early 2000's I remember them collecting on another day, but thats not the case now.

I'll assume you have not got the spare land space to do the Thai thing and burn baby burn, \:D/

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 14, 2019, 2:59 pm

I burn often as garbage truck comes once every 2 weeks or is it once a month or longer
No set day of week or time of day
Leave the rubbish out and every varmint has been
Sh t everyhere
So burn

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”