Banking...

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 23, 2005, 10:58 am

udonmap.com is hosted in the US and the paypal account is registered in the UK. I believe it is possible to register a paypal account in Thailand but there's a little more to the sign up process and you'll need a visa card. I guess the only real way of knowing is to try.

Regards, Lee

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » November 23, 2005, 3:50 pm

Like Lee said, it is possible to have a paypal account in Thailand, but it must be linked to a bank account or credit card issued in the UK/US or some other countries to receive payments.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » November 23, 2005, 4:04 pm

OK, yorkman et al, I stand corrected then. Should have known better than to doubt the word of someone actually living there, eh? :D

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » November 24, 2005, 3:34 am

polehawk wrote:OK, yorkman et al, I stand corrected then. Should have known better than to doubt the word of someone actually living there, eh? :D
:lol: not a problem....I am just trying to find a way of solving these complexities....doubt away!....because your experiences may point to a solution.

There are Paypal copies..that some people I know personally find OK, and some doubt...that can transfer money absolutely anywhere. The fact that they seem to be hosted and run from Russia makes me hesitate... :shock:

All "bankers" (sp) in my opinion...

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 24, 2005, 7:23 am

banpaeng wrote:I just sent an email to the email address in above post. this is what I sent and I will post reply if I get one.

I am going to retire in Thailand and would like to get some information. I have an account at the Bankok Bank on Sukimvit Road in Bangkok. I would like to deposit money in the New York Branch and have it go to my account in the Bangkok Branch in Thailand.

1. Can I do this via Bill Pay to the New York Branch in care of my account?

2. Can funds be Electronically transfered to this account using the New York Branch?

3. What type of fees are associated with the above type transactions?

Thank you very much.
That is what I sent and this is what I got back. Maybe this is the way to go. Either that or hand carry which is not good. As stated before have sent to Ban Paeng already.

I am able to ETF free from my account.

Later.

Bangkok bank wrote.

As a limited Federal Branch, we are not doing retail banking services,
including accepting a deposit for an account in Thailand. However, you may
request an electronic transfer from your Bank through our Fed routing no.
026008691, upon receipt of funds we will deduct $3.- to $5.- from the
transaction amount and forward balance in U.S. dollars on the same day of
receipt to our Bangkok office who will further credit your account in
Thailand accordingly.

For your information, we do not accept check from Bill pay without proper
remittance application.

Regards,

Sirivan

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”