Current Housing Developments in Udon

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
buellduc

Current Housing Developments in Udon

Post by buellduc » April 16, 2009, 12:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but I have been several times to Udon already (wife from Udon; at the moment we live in Soeul, South Korea). To update my information I had sometimes a look on udonmap and also on this forum.

What I like to ask you is about current housing developments in Udon, respectively, about an evaluation of the different living areas. What is from interest for me, are the standards of new housing developments, price differences and advantages/disadvantages of the areas.

Many Thanks!

writemotive
udonmap.com

Re: Current Housing Developments in Udon

Post by writemotive » May 4, 2009, 12:43 pm

I would also appreciate any comments, suggestions, opinions, or experience in comparing buying into a planned community verses buying/building a single detached home in Udon or surroundings.

Thank you!

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » May 4, 2009, 3:38 pm

Hi,
Living just inside the ring road to the West. near airport, Approx. 10K to Big C, 11K to Tescos and 3K to Carr. supermarkets. There is a lot of building going on at the moment in this area and prices are starting to rise. I bought my home 3 bed two bathrooms in December 2005. price 1,080,000B when the GBP was worth 71B, approx 15,000GBP this including land transfer expenses etc. Land tran.etc are 35,000B. I bought mine with curtains, beds, fridge, furniture, air con. and showers, sinks etc. etc. included. They wanted to get someone living there as this was the first house built, so got it at a good price. Now the basic price for similar, you did not state type or size of home required, is 1,600,000B for a bare basic house.
If going to live near the ring road make sure you are not right next to the ring road. When the sugar cane lorries start to move, Jan. Feb., you will never get any sleep, they go 24Hrs a day. I am far enough back for this not to be a problem, the only space left on the estate now is right on the ring road. They put the childrens playground etc. at the back of the estate. TIT.
Hope this will help, if not go on internet and check estate agents in Udon and if you like a place go on the board and ask members about area. This is what i did.
Cheers Doug.
Cheers Doug.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » May 24, 2009, 5:30 am

Anyong-Oseyo Buellduc.

Look at Housing Projects discussion farther down in the index, where attempts made to stimulate comparisons of different estates, and including mention of various housing projects at the mid to high end.

Pertinent info to you rather depends on your budget, as price ranges can be less than 2 million baht (obviously much less is possible), 2-5 million baht, 6-7 million baht and over, though to be honest have not seen much in the 6-7 as what little high end there is is actually much higher and now approaching 12MB and up. First Home has some new styles at the front which look appealing, next to where originally the cheapest houses were only 800,000 baht. Chonrada, Tanadorn, another new one on the ring before Big C junction, some new projects in the works on the road out from the the ring by Global House, this list not meant to be comprehensive. No secret, I bought the high end at Le Cellini opposite the electric company, very glad to be in this convenient little oasis close to the heart of town, though to be sure sales are not as brisk as the developer would like.

buellduc

Post by buellduc » June 12, 2009, 9:44 am

Dear All,

thank you for this information. I will check when I am in Udon again.

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » September 3, 2009, 2:04 am

I'm currently looking at houses for sale on the FBI site and have come across a new 2 bedroomed bungalow on the sipo estate.Do any members on this forum have knowledge of this estate,and if so are there any problems i need to know about eg flooding and such like :D

Return to “House & Land”