Swimming pool costs in Thailand

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Re: Swimming pool costs in Thailand

Post by johanthomsen » July 30, 2018, 12:54 am

tip wrote:
July 29, 2018, 11:06 am
We built a 2 system pool for swimming with 2 system (fountain and whirpool) and gardening, using deep wail water. The cost of pool and gardening pipe automatic watering is about 200,000 B.
What builders did you use at that price?? Because that is a very good price for a pool :)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 31, 2018, 10:16 am

if you build the pool with local worker(s) , not company! you must count an average of 3.000 baht/M3..
for materials of the concrete base ,dig out ,20cm walls/floor /re-enforced with double layer 12mm re-bar , water stop, concrete 240 seteng/waterproofed,piping,3 double union valves,1 one way valve, skimmer,vacuum inlet, water outlets (3),framework rent, wood (yucca) , nails and all other small things needed ,nails , cement ,concrete blocks, waterproofing .....enc....
at least for a non complicated pool in our case was 29M3 , and 76.686 baht , 2.739/M3...
so concrete base including items mentioned above ...
what is making the pool expensive is the quality of tiles you use in our case paid to much because most shops/even factory have no stock ,so order them in time ,we paid 900 baht/M2 , (total 45.000 baht)could have bought the same at 740/M2 ,but no have stock :mad: ,and with the rain season coming we did not have time to wait...
beware also swim pool tiles 10x10cm are not packed 1M2 but only contain 90 tiles ....
use good grouting specially for swims , https://www.weberthai.com/en/tile-grout ... or-hr.html ,1 bucket contains 15 bags grouting + mixing fluid...
all this info meant for skimmer based pools , overflow more expensive ,but to me overflow only needed for pools bigger than 10 x 5M ...pump and filter also many price differences and many shops (udon) way over priced ...
you can also check good prices here https://www.winwinpoolshop.com/en/ , easy to order and good service/delivery...
last but not least , paid 25.000 bath to make the pool and 10.000 baht tile work...
good luck to all and never build a pool in the rain season ...(best dec-end of may) ;)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 31, 2018, 10:55 am

Kopkei

Excellent post for many planning to build a pool a good starting point for all pool builders detailing what needs to be thought about prior to starting work

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 31, 2018, 11:22 am

maybe my calculation in M3 is not really exact ,so scrap former calculation ...
better make it in M2, what would be at 1.600 baht/M2 (for our pool 50M2)
so fe the pool is 10x5M, 1,20M to 1,60M deep ,
it would be total 50M2 (floor)+28M2 (2.8 x 10 sidewalls) ,+ 6M2 (1,20 x 5)front wall,+ 8M2 (1,60 x 5 back wall ) ,
total 92M2 x 1.600 = 147.200 baht ,what is a more exact calculation ... ;)

tip

Post by tip » July 31, 2018, 12:35 pm

johanthomsen wrote:
July 30, 2018, 12:54 am
tip wrote:
July 29, 2018, 11:06 am
We built a 2 system pool for swimming with 2 system (fountain and whirpool) and gardening, using deep wail water. The cost of pool and gardening pipe automatic watering is about 200,000 B.
What builders did you use at that price?? Because that is a very good price for a pool :)
Local builders

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 31, 2018, 12:37 pm

2 pool pumps for sale.emaux...as new condition 3hp with new 2 inch fittings as new.cost 20,000b.12,000b.....1.5hp old but good working order cost new today 16,000b sell for 6,000b.im only seeking as changed to two single pumps.1 for filter,1 for jacuzzi.can put pics if anyone is interested.i will guarantee and show working.tel mark 0933479123.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 1, 2018, 3:15 pm

While on the subject of pools.i would like to see if anyone is interested in a farang pool cleaner and maintainance man.i have good experience in maintaining and cleaning pools and can clear up most problems.also any problems with pump,filter and pipe work.would be once or twice a week depending on needs.the schedule would be come once a week with a clean,test,add and adjust the water readings.i would bring my own tools and would have on hand the chemicals to sell at the same price as the shops so saving rounding around yourself.flat rate would be 100b an hour with minimum 3hours.then if needed twice a week 200b minimum.this is all of course down to the size and set up of pool and distance.its only an idea at the moment but if interest is shown I'll look into setting up a round.also it's because I've found that trying to get any pool shop or company take the pi$$ when it comes to farang and pools.the pool I have is nearly 20 years old and still very inviting.just reply on here or SMS mark 0933479123.
Attachments
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2440.JPG

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 1, 2018, 8:05 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
August 1, 2018, 3:15 pm
While on the subject of pools.i would like to see if anyone is interested in a farang pool cleaner and maintainance man.i have good experience in maintaining and cleaning pools and can clear up most problems.also any problems with pump,filter and pipe work.would be once or twice a week depending on needs.the schedule would be come once a week with a clean,test,add and adjust the water readings.i would bring my own tools and would have on hand the chemicals to sell at the same price as the shops so saving rounding around yourself.flat rate would be 100b an hour with minimum 3hours.then if needed twice a week 200b minimum.this is all of course down to the size and set up of pool and distance.its only an idea at the moment but if interest is shown I'll look into setting up a round.also it's because I've found that trying to get any pool shop or company take the pi$$ when it comes to farang and pools.the pool I have is nearly 20 years old and still very inviting.just reply on here or SMS mark 0933479123.
Approx How Much would you charge to come to Nong Khai & Have a look at my SMALLISH Pool ?? I'm tending to get a lot of Green Algae after about a week after Cholrination :( :( .... You can DM me if you wish..... :-" :-"

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » August 1, 2018, 9:49 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
While on the subject of pools.i would like to see if anyone is interested in a farang pool cleaner and maintainance man.i have good experience in maintaining and cleaning pools and can clear up most problems.....just reply on here or SMS mark 0933479123.
hope you have a work permit ….. otherwise …..
[-X

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 2, 2018, 6:44 am

747man wrote:
August 1, 2018, 8:05 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
Approx How Much would you charge to come to Nong Khai & Have a look at my SMALLISH Pool ?? I'm tending to get a lot of Green Algae after about a week after Cholrination :( :( .... You can DM me if you wish..... :-" :-"
Too far out for me I'm afraid.if you've got an algae problem that keeps returning it sounds like you need to start using algaecide as a preventive measure.1,600b a gallon and not knowing the size of your pool could not tell you how much to add on a 1-2 week basis.regular maintainance is the key to keeping a pool sparkling.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 2, 2018, 9:04 am

hi 747 ,to get some advice about pool problems it is same as with a sales ad, how big/deep is the pool , what filtration /pump type ,(sandfilter,DE .?) ,how long do you filter and when?,overflow or skimmer ...are you using a floating chlorinator or do you have the automated chlorinator or manual add chlorine ...???, need detailed info to be able to help out ... ;)

tip

Post by tip » September 3, 2018, 10:37 am

My house built a 2 system swimming pool (whirlpool + foundtain) and pool for garden, round 8 meter diameter. Use local builders , the cost include underground water drill, sprinkle pipes all around 1 rai of land about 100,000 baht.
Attachments
g2.jpg

Kingjj90

Post by Kingjj90 » December 20, 2018, 1:33 pm

Good day all,

Anyone have contacts for a reliable local builder to build a pool in udon?
Will appreciate if you can share the contacts.

Regards

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » December 21, 2018, 10:51 am

https://www.ignitepools.com/
These are very good , we have done a few house and pool builds together.
Paul the owner is a English guy .

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » December 28, 2020, 11:12 am

Love your "deck jet"
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » December 29, 2020, 8:09 am

Hi Tip,
Quote" My house built a 2 system swimming pool (whirlpool + foundtain) and pool for garden, round 8 meter diameter. Use local builders , the cost include underground water drill, sprinkle pipes all around 1 rai of land about 100,000 baht.

Could you post a few more details of the depth/ how/what etc?
Thanks

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 29, 2020, 9:27 am

From what I gather, the tiles are quite expensive for both the tiles and labor to install them. A friend of mine had a large pool and used no tiles, just painted concrete. He never had any problems.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 29, 2020, 9:54 am

you have the normal swimpool tiles starting @ 200-300 baht/box , the kera style tiles start around 750 and up depending where you order or special offers even sometimes more cheap , do not forget 1 box of 10x10cm tiles only contains 90 pcs so not 1m2, as to a painted swim no problems? , how long does the paint keep when using chlorine and some other chemicals ? , i am not a believer on this one ..., and as of using special weber grout as i did , i am not happy with this as it does not last 3 years, our first swim we re-grouted after 10 years ,we only used special bathroom grouting from crocodile and it lasted longer ...as info ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 29, 2020, 12:07 pm

Bonanza wrote:
December 29, 2020, 8:09 am
Hi Tip,
Quote" My house built a 2 system swimming pool (whirlpool + foundtain) and pool for garden, round 8 meter diameter. Use local builders , the cost include underground water drill, sprinkle pipes all around 1 rai of land about 100,000 baht.

Could you post a few more details of the depth/ how/what etc?
Thanks
Just to manage your expectations, this member hasn’t logged on for over 2 years so unless he’s now using a different ID it’s unlikely he’ll answer the questions 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 29, 2020, 1:44 pm

kopkei wrote:
December 29, 2020, 9:54 am
you have the normal swimpool tiles starting @ 200-300 baht/box , the kera style tiles start around 750 and up depending where you order or special offers even sometimes more cheap , do not forget 1 box of 10x10cm tiles only contains 90 pcs so not 1m2, as to a painted swim no problems? , how long does the paint keep when using chlorine and some other chemicals ? , i am not a believer on this one ..., and as of using special weber grout as i did , i am not happy with this as it does not last 3 years, our first swim we re-grouted after 10 years ,we only used special bathroom grouting from crocodile and it lasted longer ...as info ;)
His pool was painted light blue. In the several years that I used the pool, I never saw any fading or peeling. His most aggravating problem was when the farmers were burning sugar cane. The black ash covered everything and his vacuum did a very poor job of picking the ash off the bottom.

Return to “House & Land”