Chanote Land Title

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
yorky
udonmap.com

Chanote Land Title

Post by yorky » March 2, 2007, 4:04 am

Hello
By the end of this month 'our' land (1 Rai) will be paid for and the Chanote Land Title will be in the name of the dear beloved (db).
The land is in the Phen district so I am presuming that the land registry officer will be from Phen. I am also presuming that he will visit the site/plot do his duty of the necessary measuring, detailing etc and present his bill.

Has anyone any ideas what this will cost me for the land registry officer to do his duties?

:shock:
yorky

yorky
udonmap.com

Post by yorky » March 3, 2007, 4:15 pm

Just bumping this thread to the top in the hope of getting an answer. :?

valentine

Post by valentine » March 3, 2007, 4:21 pm

Yes Amphoe Phen has its own land registry office. When you enquire to register your land a surveyor will be sent out to appraise it and make sure the boundary markers conform to the recorded land papers. If all in order he will countersign the transfer document. There is no charge for this service , the cost is included in the transfer fee.

yorky
udonmap.com

Post by yorky » March 3, 2007, 4:35 pm

Thanks valentine
Any idea what the transfer fee costs?
Thanks
yorky

valentine

Post by valentine » March 3, 2007, 5:24 pm

yorky wrote:Thanks valentine
Any idea what the transfer fee costs?
Thanks
yorky
Amphoe Penn covers a large area, and it depends on the location of your particular plot. If central to the Amphoe office, expect to pay about 14,000bht. Farther out and remote, about 6,000bht per rai.There is no advantage in claiming a lower purchase price as the value is predetermined by a chart of previous transactions.
It is normal for the vendor and purchaser to agree a 50/50 split on this sum. However I gather the land may currently be in a banks name so this wouldn't apply.If you have any doubts about your security of tenure, presumably the title will be in wifes name, you can ask the registrar to prepare a legally binding lease on your behalf.

valentine

Post by valentine » March 3, 2007, 5:37 pm

Sorry I forgot to add at extra cost of course. The lease will be noted on the land registry and effectively prevents any further sale without your permission.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 4, 2007, 3:59 am

It's about 200B to do this, normal thai price, but if course take the "expert" farang advice :razz:

Return to “House & Land”