Shower water heater

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Shower water heater

Post by minimiglia » July 22, 2019, 9:19 am

yep that is correct

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 22, 2019, 9:31 am

During the past ten years at the house, I have gone through a number of shower units. The first one I put in worked fine except in the winter the 3,500 watt unit could not heat the water to a decent comfort level. I replaced it with a 4,500 watt Hitachi. It did a great job but only lasted about three years. I replaced it with a 4,500 watt Sharp. It wasn't nearly as efficient as the Hitachi and had an even shorter life. It died and I replaced it with a 4,500 watt Mazuma. I was quite happy with the Mazuma but a gecko shorted out the circuit board. I very recently bought a Panasonic. It is a nice unit that has a push button that turns on the heater and water. I have a similar unit in my condo that is about ten years old and still works fine.

I am wondering if the village water supply, being very hard, is causing the short life problem. The condo water is soft. I have installed a large 18 liter activated charcoal filter. It doesn't soften the water but is does filter out the tiny pieces of lime or calcium that used to clog the tiny holes in the shower head. A fine screen filter would not remove those tiny specks of minerals. Hopefully this Panasonic will have a longer life.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 22, 2019, 1:25 pm

minimiglia wrote:
July 22, 2019, 9:19 am
yep that is correct
Every village has one !!! :roll:

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » July 22, 2019, 3:01 pm