LIST OF REFERENCES; CONTRACTORS

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
qarts

Re: LIST OF REFERENCES; CONTRACTORS

Post by qarts » August 27, 2009, 7:53 pm

I think in my own experience it depends upon the projects or budget.

GENTLEY
udonmap.com

Post by GENTLEY » October 17, 2009, 3:59 pm

Hi Guys, anyone know where i can get some landfill for a project ive got in Nong Sai?

Anyone know the going rate for landfill/had any landfill recently.

Thanks in anticipation. Adam. :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 19, 2009, 8:32 am

Electrician wanted.

This is kinda urgent as we have the monks coming in on Friday and the wife's birthday party afterwards so need some lighting and power in the gazebo. I have all the hardware, just need a GOOD sparky! I can supervise too.

My last one was damn good but is now working on the Burj Dubai so wont be back for a while.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by tamada » October 19, 2009, 8:42 am

lee wrote:I found an electrician in the end, fair price and good work. Tel. 042-325460 or 089-276-2503 He installs air-con's too!
Lee, Is this guy still around (and have a name) before the wife starts cold calling people she don't know?

Scouser Bob

Post by Scouser Bob » October 19, 2009, 2:21 pm

I am looking for a good house painter. Anybody know one and can give me a phone/ mobile number..

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » November 17, 2009, 10:08 pm

Buying about 2 rai just outside ring road NW of the city. I have my own plans already. @260 sqm American-style 2-story house with attached garage. "May" start late Q1 2010 (yes, I know...rainy season...) or start 8/2010.

http://details.coolhouseplans.com/detai ... 2&sid=chp2

I am looking for references for building contractors who can BUILD TO PLAN as it is a little different from the grid-style plans common in Thailand (has basement, too). Builder should have a good reputation and relationship with local authorities (will be verified).

NYJ House has a nice ad on Udonmap and probably the most professional website presentation I have ever seen in Thailand. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they professional or profe$$ional?

Prefer local to Udon. Post or PM references appreciated in advance. If you are a builder, sending/posting rough quote would also give you quick response points.

Thanks! Cheers!

qon
udonmap.com

Post by qon » February 10, 2010, 7:20 pm

Any one stop shop building supplier i n UD? just wanting to know what are available to support the industry.
e.g. 6mm cement sheets, acrylic rendering, metal angles and joints, self tap galv. screws, panels etc.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 10, 2010, 8:04 pm

In Udon itself the "big boys" are certainly Global House and Home Pro. There are other places but they tend to be a bit more of a section of the building trade with the possibility of less selection. Nearly every small town in Issan has probably a couple of 'local' equivalents - as does Udon as well - but they tend not to be heavily advertised by signs etc. All the 'locals' just know where they are.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » February 18, 2011, 4:34 pm

lee can u please put a name to the sparky you used thanks.

Mudshark
udonmap.com

Post by Mudshark » April 14, 2011, 10:19 am

Build to Plan Experience.

Khondahm: I just got to inspect the house I had built to plan using a small, local team (Sin & Khummoon). The deal was they built to plan, my wife supplied the land, I paid for all materials against invoices that my wife went through (which was an interesting lesson in family dynamics as Khummoon is my wife's father, but she showed him no quarter on the receipts).

Labor was estimated in advance and I paid them progress draws on the labor as the project progressed. Materials were paid for when purchased (these guys are small time remember).

I have to admit, was the house was a stunning success. Workmanship was top drawer, colours were my wife's doing so we can't blame the builders for that. Sin & Khummoon are basically hands on General Contractors. They and their wives (along with various laborers they employ) do the bulk of the work (laying the foundations, columns, bricking the walls, tilings, plumbing, roofing, walls. However they generally contract out the windows, doors, electrical, steel welding in the roofs, railings on the decks etc.

One example of their work is the custom house on the North West Corner of the left turn on route downtown from the airport right after the Relax Steak House. That was a 3 million baht project excluding land costs. That one convinced me it was a reasonable bet to go with these guys.

The downside, Sin and Khummoon don't speak English. So you have to deal with them through your significant other. You can contact them via Khummoon's daughter Eve @ 0833532513 who speaks English very well. Also they are small time; one project at a time (as they are doing the work 55555). They generally work for Thai clients building custom houses.

The upside: very honest, hard working, build to high quality with medium quality materials to your drawings, you see all the costs of materials (you are paying for them) and know the labor costs in advance. You can pick all your appliances, air conditioning units, kitchen and bathroom fittings yourself (and pay for them directly to Global, Home Pro etc) and they will have them installed....correctly).

I've attached some pictures of the house I had built...which isn't landscaped you but gives you an idea of the result these guys can put together.

Graham
Attachments
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG

Mudshark
udonmap.com

Post by Mudshark » April 16, 2011, 11:25 am

Hi All,

I got some PM's asking for more details on the house I had built and some interior pictures. So I thought I would provide this once by posting the info here:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

This house measures 16 x 16 meters but that includes the outside deck and carport. I am not sure how they measure the sq meters of houses in Thailand but I can imagine the Moo Baans measure them that way. So it would be 256 sq meters that way. Deducting the outside deck and carport gives a footprint of 9 x 16 = 144 sq meters for interior rooms.

The inside has 3 good sized (1 huge master) bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (shared bathroom I had split into a separate shower room and wash closet room; other bathroom is en suite to the master bedroom and is huge). There is a big kitchen and living/dining room also.

My costs, including filling the lot 1 meter up with soil (that cost me 83,000 and you might not need to do that depending on how you land is situated vis a vis water in the rainy season) was 1.65 million baht including the 3 air conditioners, stove, fridge, sinks, 2 shower heaters, one walk in plexi-glass shower unit, granite kitchen tops, all window coverings etc etc. So more finished that what would be turned over to you in a Moo Baan for about 2.5 -3 million for a comparable house. I used all medium to top grade finishing (i.e. Panasonic AC's and shower units, all plumbing, toilets and sinks from HomePro rather than cheapo's from Global etc etc) also...you could get by with less and save money if that is your objective/budget

I think it is a good deal if you have land in a specific place that you want to build on.

However, the Moo Baans can buy their materials in such huge quantities that they can trim their construction costs to the bone and offer a club-house with pool etc (i.e. Chonrada, Private Park and the very inexpensive one whose name escapes me just south of Big C on the ring road). The land component in a Moo Baan is very small, but they are putting in all the roads etc which is another expense built into the costs of buying a house that way.

Construction time was about 3.5 months. Also, these fellows only build one house at a time, so what their order book looks like when you want to build is a consideration.

I'll post on the UdonMap thread a few pictures of the interior of the house I had built. As you pick (and pay for) your finishing materials, you can do it any way you want going the "custom house" route with Sin and khumood.

If you want to be put in touch with them so they can look at the land you intend to build on give Khumood's daugther Eve a call (08 3353 2513) and she can help you. You definitely want to have a Thai speaking better half to build a custom house....so many color, tile and appliance choices that you need to make etc.

Cheers - Graham
Attachments
IMG_0151.JPG
Living/dining room #2
IMG_0140.JPG
living/dining room #1
IMG_0138.JPG
Master bathroom fixtures
IMG_0137.JPG
Master bathroom - walk-in shower
IMG_0136.JPG
Master bedroom #2
IMG_0135.JPG
Master Bedroom

Mudshark
udonmap.com

Post by Mudshark » April 16, 2011, 11:36 am

A few more pictures of Custom House by Sin & Khumood - kitchen, bedroom and front door detail.

Graham
Attachments
IMG_0151.JPG
Front door and door in spare bedroom #2...living room etc
IMG_0150.JPG
Living room ceiling detail
IMG_0148.JPG
spare bedroom #1
IMG_0147.JPG
doorway between kitchen and living/dining room
IMG_0146.JPG
Kitchen #2
IMG_0145.JPG
Kitchen #1

gecko

Post by gecko » June 14, 2011, 10:00 am

Here's a helpful landfill company - prices depend on location and size of project.
Udon Land Fill company: 087-0088134 (Thai)

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » June 4, 2012, 12:20 pm

Excuse me, but are there any better directions than "behind a big tree"???

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » June 4, 2012, 3:00 pm

lassebasse wrote:Excuse me, but are there any better directions than "behind a big tree"???
Try here...

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/s ... 24152.html

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Looking for good roof repairman

Post by FrazeeDK » August 10, 2012, 9:27 am

what with the rain the last few days we've encountered some roof leaks. Can anybody refer a tradesman that can do good roof leak repairs??? CPAC tile roof.. Several leaks... Post or PM...

Thanks..!
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 13, 2012, 10:15 pm

found one locally near our village.. A father and his three sones were completing construction on a house nearby and came over to assess my situation.. They quickly apprised me of where they thought the leak was coming from and advised us the materials they would need to fix it properly (they brought a sample). We fronted them a partial payment to purchase the materials (which they delivered to us yesterday) and returned today to perform the roof leak repairs. The father kept up a running commentary on exactly what they were doing and what was wrong with the intiaal (now 5 year old) roof tile installation... I'll withold final comment and reference phone numbers until we go through several rain storms to prove the repairs are reliable.
Dave

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » January 9, 2013, 7:09 am

Hi Mudlark.
I plan to build later this year.
I like your place and would love to have a look at your house and talk about construction etc.
I will be back in Udon in April.
If you are available, can you give me a contact number so I can call you?
Thanks
Mick

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 29, 2013, 8:38 am

Can anyone recommend a contractor to eradicate termites?

I've tried the company recommended on here, Thai Winner, but they haven't returned my call and now no answer from their office number.

Dingo
udonmap.com

Post by Dingo » January 29, 2013, 9:56 am

Galee,
I recommend this company for termite;
In Udon, comapny name is V N One
Phone 042 754093

Our floor area is 400sq mt. We had a problem, they came straight away and very happy with their service.
Our price was 7,000 baht for 2 year service with them coming each 4 month period for check and follow-up inspections.
Probably cheaper if smaller Sq mt house?

Cheers
Dingo

Return to “House & Land”