Football Rumours Mark 2

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 14, 2013, 9:09 pm

Sorry guys I have had to hide the original thread away.
Something in its' 208 pages upset Google.
While they are kind enough to point that out they don't feel obliged to suggest which page they have an issue with...
So, sorry, easier just to put it away than search for a needle in a hay stack..

As the season has not yet started & only Zid has made any predictions we shouldn't be missing a great deal going forward..

For anyone that missed Zid's prediction it was that the title was between Citi & Cheski with United fighting for the minor placing with The Gunners, Spurs & Pool.
Would think that the battle for top spot is just about correct, although it will be interesting to see how the Special One copes against another manager with equal funding. Not too well in Spain in similar circumstances & Citi do seem to be splashing a bit more cash at the task ahead.

United, in my opinion, need to ditch & replace Nani & Rooney & find at least 1, if not 2, top class midfielders.
They don't even appear to be looking.. :( :shock:

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 14, 2013, 9:32 pm

Bob, I Think it might have been Newcastle Uniteds New T-Shirt.... :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 14, 2013, 9:35 pm

Interesting developments on the Coventry City & where will they play next season..
Coventry City move: Ricoh Arena owners in legal threat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23290546
The operator of the Ricoh Arena has threatened legal action over Coventry City's plans to play home games in Northampton from this season.

The Sky Blues announced they will play home games at Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium for three years.

Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) said it had a pre-existing contract in place with Coventry to host matches and issued a notice of intent to Northampton Town.
Lot, obliviously, going on behind the scenes at Coventry that I am not privy to.
Looks like the owners of the ground thought they had the new club where they wanted them.
I can understand that they would be bad feeling about between the new owners of Coventry & the people they may consider got the club into a nightmare state.
Playing away from your 'home town' is a bit of a disaster zone though..
ACL, the owners of the Ricoh Arena, rather have a very large white elephant on their hands if the Sky Blues do disappear up the road though...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 14, 2013, 9:37 pm

747man wrote:Bob, I Think it might have been Newcastle Uniteds New T-Shirt.... :lol:
Yeah, the Official one with WONGA on it.... :D :D

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 14, 2013, 10:16 pm

Nah !! I Was thinking of the one Statto posted of "The Naked Female " Ooooohh !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2013, 10:58 pm

Not sure if they will be "Made in Thailand" shirts, but I don't suppose it will be too long before the NUFC shirts with "WONKA" appear ......... complete with Ashley's name on the back :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2013, 11:04 pm

Any chance of getting Zids top 20 predicted transfers onto the new thread Bob? ..... must have been about 3 -4 weeks ago?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 15, 2013, 7:25 am

Zidane wrote:According to the bookmakers heres the top 20 proposed transfers involving Premiership players.....interesting to see how many happen ? :-k

Julio Cesar,QPR to Arsenal,1/33 !! :-s
Andy Carroll,Liverpool to West Ham,1/3
Edinson Cavani,Napoli to Chelsea,1/2
Pepe,Real Madrid to Manchester City,8/11
Anthony Pilkington,Norwich to Newcastle,4/5
Ezequiel Garay,Benfica to Manchester United,5/6......rumoured to be the reason Uniteds shares dropped 9% on the US Stock Market yesterday.....the last Portugese player United signed was Bebe ! :yikes:
Luis Suarez,Liverpool to Real Madrid,5/6
Ashley Williams,Swansea to Arsenal,Evs.
Patrice Evra,Manchester United to Monaco,Evs.
Thiago Alacantra,Barcelona to Manchester United,Evs.
David Villa,Barcelona to Tottenham Hotspur,11/10
Leighton Baines,Everton to Manchester United,6/5
Pepe Reina,Liverpool to Barcelona,5/4
Thomas Vermaelen,Arsenal to Napoli,5/4
Callum McManaman,Wigan to Everton,5/4
Carlos Tevez,Manchester City to Juventus,6/4
Hulk,Zenit to Chelsea,6/4
Isco,Malaga to Manchester City,6/4
James McCarthy,Wigan to Tottenham Hotspur,6/4

Nani,Manchester United to Chelsea,6/4 edit:should read to Monaco :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 15, 2013, 8:08 am

Well,one transfer that wont be happening is Thiago Alacantra from Barcelona to Manchester United.....he's just signed for his former boss,Pep Guardiola,at Bayern Munich for 21.6m GBP ! :(

747man also wondered why I had forgotten Everton in my predictions for clubs chasing a top 6 spot.....well,I think Everton,along with Sunderland and Newcastle will be mighty grateful that there are teams like Crystal Palace,Hull and Cardiff also in the top flight this season which should give them a fighting chance of survival in the Premiership ! =;

Rooney and Nani to Fulham......they appear to have plenty of dosh to spend now [-o< maybe Fulham could go for Adebayor and Torres,as well.......what a forward line that would be....Torres,Adebayor,Berbatov,Rooney and Nani. :roll:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2013, 9:24 am

With Messi & Bale in midfield Zid? :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 15, 2013, 10:43 am

Andy,747man also wondered why I had forgotten Everton in my predictions for clubs chasing a top 6 spot.....well,I think Everton,along with Sunderland and Newcastle will be mighty grateful that there are teams like Crystal Palace,Hull and Cardiff also in the top flight this season which should give them a fighting chance of survival in the Premiership ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! ( I Don't think so )

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 15, 2013, 7:09 pm

Manchester United are preparing to make a £35m bid to sign former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, according to Sky Sports.
But locals say much less...
Stuart Mathieson, Manchester United reporter for the Manchester Evening News, tweets: "Understand United have bid 30m euros (£26m) for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas."
Would certainly be a good buy...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 15, 2013, 8:39 pm

Manchester City and Chelsea's hopes of signing striker Edinson Cavani appear to be over after the Uruguayan has a medical at French club Paris St-Germain.

Cavani, 26, had been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League but appears to have opted for a move to PSG instead, with the transfer fee set to be around £54m.
1/2 odds on the list... Strange things seem to be happening concerning players coming to the EPL. Is there more money being offered by clubs in France & Germany or is it something else??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2013, 8:44 pm

BobHelm wrote:
Manchester United are preparing to make a £35m bid to sign former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, according to Sky Sports.
But locals say much less...
Stuart Mathieson, Manchester United reporter for the Manchester Evening News, tweets: "Understand United have bid 30m euros (£26m) for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas."
Would certainly be a good buy...
And "SKY SOURCES" whoever he may be say it's GBP25m :-"

And Stevie G has signed a contract extension ......... not sure there would have been too many takers if he hadn't

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2013, 10:34 pm

THE JOURNAL: Steven Taylor has been assured he is part of Newcastle's long-term plans despite talk of him being used as a makeweight for QPR striker Loic Remy.

This Summer's news just goes from worse to worse ..... & when you think that you have finally "bottomed out"

The bloo** idiots start talking about getting another "short term money grabbin useless wombat

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 16, 2013, 8:41 am

Crystal Palace set to sign Jose Campana from Sevilla
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23322232

Great move by Palace to sign one of the stars of the future. I expect that there will come a time when the bigger boys will come a sniffing & he will have to go, but so what.
I am glad to see that a change of manager does not appear to have dimmed the club's desire to develop young talent. Better to try for some success with what is about the club with an eye to the future than panic buy some 'old warhorses' who know they will move on elsewhere if it all ends in disaster..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 16, 2013, 9:00 am

stattointhailand wrote:THE JOURNAL: Steven Taylor has been assured he is part of Newcastle's long-term plans despite talk of him being used as a makeweight for QPR striker Loic Remy.

This Summer's news just goes from worse to worse ..... & when you think that you have finally "bottomed out"

The bloo** idiots start talking about getting another "short term money grabbin useless wombat
Remy,actually,isnt a bad little player and was one of the few good points of QPR's appalling season.
Plus the bonus is he's French,similar to 90% of Newcastles players,so would fit in easily with the Gallic banter in the dressing room.
Maybe thats Taylors problem......most of the squad havent got a clue what he's talking about.....h'way man ! 8)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 16, 2013, 12:50 pm

Just keeping things in perspective....... ;)
Manuel Pellegrini's reign at Manchester City got off to a disappointing start when they were beaten 2-0 by Supersport United in Pretoria,South Africa.
Two second half goals were enough to see off City who had new signing Fernandinho making his debut.
Team:Hart:Richards,Kompany,Garcia,Kolarov:Barry,Fernandinho,Razak,Suarez,Nasri,Dzeko.
Subs:Pantlimon,Lescott,Nastasic,Toure,Milner,Huws,Facey.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 16, 2013, 6:33 pm

mmmm A pat on the back for a job well done by the Spanish Waiter - NOT... :D
& rather put the Europa Cup in its' place as well..
FOOTBALL Jose Mourinho

New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been speaking exclusively to BBC Sport's Richard Conway in Bangkok.

The Portuguese says he believes that "last season was not good in Europe" for the club, despite them lifting the Europa League under Rafael Benitez.

"I don't want to win the Uefa Cup [now called the Europa League]," the 50-year-old adds. "If I win that it would be a big disappointment for me because I don't want to play in it.

"I don't want my players to feel that the Europa League is our competition because it's not."
I guess we will just have to wait & see if he changes his mind come season close, won't we...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 16, 2013, 8:47 pm

Todays BIG transfer news just breaking

The Iron have signed Dutch winger Etienne Esajas on a one year deal

I can hear the glasses chinkin' at CC from here :guiness: :guiness: :drunk:

Return to “World Sports”