Aussie Rules - Bombers Should be wiped

General sports news and discussions.
wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

OK, here we go for all ur Ozzie Rules supporters

Should Dank and Hird be wiped for Life ??

Hird is pleading with his career for now,

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 24, 2014, 8:32 pm

You are quick off the mark, wazza. :D

as I said here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p369493

There are many (including me) who believe the Bummers should have also lost this season, and Hird should have been wiped out for good - which may yet happen on Wednesday.

Hopefully ASADA will do the right thing, and sanction the drug/supplements cheats, wherever, and whoever they are.

But perhaps this would make an interesting new thread, as it is far removed from Udon and tourist hubs.
Dank is a minor issue, other than the fact that wiping him out would send a message to others like him on the periphery of things.
Last edited by jackspratt on March 24, 2014, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Dank , isn't a Doctor , rather a Bio Chemist - so the AFL Medical Practioners Assoc or what ever they are called, will drop it like a hot potato and burn their Essendon Colleague , non sanctioned use of non accredited practices etc

" Stephen Dank is an Australian biochemist who worked as a sports scientist with National Rugby League clubs such as the Manly Sea Eagles and Australian rules football clubs such as Essendon.

He is known for his unorthodox treatment and diagnostic methods, including using calf blood and profiling players DNA.[1] Des Hasler described Dank as 'a great analytical thinker', in particular highlighting his contributions in the area of GPS application, statistical science, and altitude simulation training.

In February 2013, Essendon announced that had asked the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) to investigating the supplements program that Dank had overseen during 2012 season. A former player, Kyle Reimers, had claimed that the players were asked to sign waivers and were injected with supplements that were "pushing the boundaries". Another former player, Mark McVeigh countered that the injections were only vitamins and all were completely legal and not on any World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) banned substance list. Dank left Essendon at the end of the 2012 season, and high-performance manager Dean 'The Weapon' Robinson was suspended from the club after the announcement of the investigation.

Following the publication of the Australian Crime Commission report into Organised Crime and Drugs in Sport,[5] lawyers acting for Dank launched a $10m defamation suit alleging that various media outlets had falsely accused him of providing illegal drugs to elite athletes "
- Wikepdia

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » March 24, 2014, 9:12 pm

It didn't take you long to fire this post up Wazza, anything to take the attention of Franklins performance or lack if.

It'll be interesting to see what ASADA comes up with from statements so far the investigation is based on here say and rumours. :^o There haven't been any announcements look by ASADA that there is any concrete evidence, such as blood and urine samples, of taking performance enhancing supplements however they may be keeping such evidence up there sleeve at this stage. [-X

This entire debacle raises an interesting question though. If you hire an expert to do a job who is liable when they break the rules? If I got to a doctor and he prescribes me a drug I would naturally assume that I wasn't breaking the law by consuming it. If the drug is later to be found to be illegal who's fault is it the patient or the doctor?
The bombers hired Dank to do a job and I'm sure would have trusted his decisions and that of the club doctor who prescribed the medication.

These are just the opinions of a one eyed BOMBERS supporter though :D
Collingwood supporter emoticon :badteeth:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2014, 9:25 pm

Geez G

I wish I got bites like yours in my Caribbean Marlin tours, LOL

As a friend I suppose u will object if I call u Buddy then ??

Dank wasn't a qualified Doctor and many of these "Supplements " aren't required to be S4 and prescribed,

Bombers Doctor claims, he wasn't aware, and stated this, BUT one guy who is the link, to all statements so far is Hurd

Great player, but I think he will be cut free and make the scape goat ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 24, 2014, 9:31 pm

grievous wrote:This entire debacle raises an interesting question though. If you hire an expert to do a job who is liable when they break the rules? If I got to a doctor and he prescribes me a drug I would naturally assume that I wasn't breaking the law by consuming it. If the drug is later to be found to be illegal who's fault is it the patient or the doctor?
The bombers hired Dank to do a job and I'm sure would have trusted his decisions and that of the club doctor who prescribed the medication.
That depends on the rules of the organisation, but, in general the competitor is always responsible for whatever they take. While 'a doctor told me to take it' might get you a lesser sentence in mitigation in most sports it will not remove the offense.

From what I have read of the affair it is a sorry tale. While, maybe, no actual hard evidence of illegal drug taking might have been recorded the way the club allowed its representatives to go about things was poor in the extreme.
Requiring the players to sign an agreement to allow the injection of 'supplements' (whatever they were) is a step way too far for any club to sink to.
At the very least the club management were guilty of very poor control over its' employees.
At worst....... :(

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2014, 9:34 pm

They might play "The Warne " defence - My mother gave it to me , FFS

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2014, 2:01 am

I lived in Moonee Ponds for 4 plus years from 1999 to 2003. Since I arrived in Melbourne in a great time for Essendon, I naturally chose to support Essendon. I now can't stand Hird. He should have been sent packing. Hopefully ASADA will finish him off.

I understand the players together received over 1,400 injections and they don't have a bloody record of what was taken. Hird should have known that pronto and ordered proper records be kept. Presumably if you give the players this shxt, you immediately start monitoring how it might be affecting their performance. What a clown of a coach. I hope he's a better coach than what you'd think from how he oversees secret injection programmes.

I was filthy at how his stupid wife took a lot of the shine off Dustin Fletcher's big day last week. The Hirds don't belong at Essendon nor in the AFL for a long time. I agree the Bombers should have been wiped for this season as well. Two years would have been the appropriate sanction (but three would be too much).
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 25, 2014, 4:16 am

Don't know about the club being suspended, I'm thinking they have been penalized enough. Have no idea why Hirds Missus went public and what it was all about BUT, IMHO that should be the trigger to have Hird fired outright and even suspended for many years from any roll in the game.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 25, 2014, 4:23 am

Headlines in the Herald Sun this year will be after further findings have been handed down

"Nobody has Hurd of him since "

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2014, 5:35 am

By wiped, I meant still playing but being ineligible for the finals. That would really hurt for a team that looks capable of being in the top 8.

One AFL character that really interests me is Wayne Carey. I like to think people are generally more forgiving of him now. What do you guys think? I read his autobiography some years ago and after reading that I had a lot more time for him. He had a real difficult childhood.

He said his father used to bring drunks home from the pub and clear out the living room and then make the teenage Wayne fight these guys in the living room. There's also a good story that came from Denis Pagan in the book that makes a young Nathan Buckley seem like a real arxshxle.

I'd rather Hird disappeared than Carey.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » March 25, 2014, 3:40 pm

GT93 I don't believe that it's an excuse for Carey to bang his long time team mates wife in a the dunny whilst at another team mates place.
Hirds team was pushing the boundary's of what was legal and illegal to gain the edge over the competition or to catch up to the competition and now he is paying the price. What ever they did din't work anyway as the Bombers ran out of legs mid way through the season 2012 & 21013.
Th AFL has been covering for players for a long time ,who have been tested and caught to be using recreational drugs, but not releasing names and not suspending players. I'm fairly sure everyone new Ben Cousins had a drug problem for a long time before the AFL took action.
Amphetamines Good :D Peptides Bad :evil:

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 25, 2014, 5:21 pm

Bombers looked very good last Friday. Bomber Thompson much better coach than Hird. May be convenient to cut Hird loose given his wife's ill timed rant on the abc. I agree that it was a disgrace in light of Dustin Fletcher's amazing achievement.
Essendon with Thompson in charge a real show with hopefully Hird drifting off into the ether.
Dogs didn't have the best of starts in the west but not even in thr papers with the Essendon saga dragging on.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 25, 2014, 7:42 pm

New Madison Avenue Song being released in Sydney this weekend

" Don't Call me BUDDY "

:( geez im gonna get some stick this year Arjarn M and having G as a neighbour.

Might move to the Banock Boonies till Oct !

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » March 25, 2014, 10:07 pm

Good to see that your keeping your spirits up Wazza after the Swans Buddy awful performance in round one.
And who would of thought after spending such a Buddy lot of money to purchase the best Buddy forward in the competition,
or so we all thought. Maybe the new addition to your club is Buddy over rated. Phew that was a lot of Buddy's.
Hopefully we'll both be in Udon for the Bombers v Swans clash later this year.
Rumour has it the Tasmanian Devils may get a team soon, will you jump ship?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 25, 2014, 10:13 pm

I will open up an AFL topic, so the Mods get off me back ! Free ump !! u white maggot !

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 25, 2014, 10:25 pm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 26, 2014, 2:19 pm

Hird keeps his job: :-#
James Hird will return as coach of Essendon in 2015, as planned.

Hird spoke to the Essendon board on Wednesday at a meeting called after wife Tania appeared on the ABC's 7.30 program last week, slamming the AFL over the club's supplements scandal.

There was some speculation that Hird's tenure as coach of the club was untenable, however, that proved not to be the case when the board met.

Hird, who is studying a business degree in Singapore, spoke to the club's directors on speaker phone and Tania also attended the meeting which was held away from the football club.

Chairman Paul Little and the directors believed both James and Tania were genuine in their commitment to respect club protocols and to stop commenting publicly on the drugs saga..........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-26/h ... ch/5347184
Looks like it will be up to ASADA to complete the job. =D>

Harpo
udonmap.com

Post by Harpo » March 26, 2014, 3:40 pm

Tiss on the tele, ABC in Aussie Land this evening at 7 00 pm....Hird and his camp has been instructed by Mr little el presidenty of Essendon FC, to shut the F**k up, if he want's to be reappointed in 2015......Mr Little has also indicated (to date) he will be re appointed in 2015 under such terms [-X [-X [-X ....cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 26, 2014, 6:00 pm

One thing is for sure. Hirds Wife is a Lawyer and not stupid. She wrote down a conversation between her Husband and that @rsehole Demitriou that have a few running for cover. Anyway, Essendon have decided that the choice between sacking Hird and paying him $2.ooo.ooo and retaining him, they erred on the side of retention 8)

Return to “World Sports”