Aussie Rules - 2014 Buddy Aweful Start

General sports news and discussions.
downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 16, 2014, 12:43 pm

Still have to have the players that would be good enough to beat Hawthorn no matter who the Coach was, Gold Coast have shown some improvement but fell away at the end of the Season when it mattered, Without Ablett they faltered. Had you said Port or Freo I would agree with you. Personally I think as I said earlier " Good players that can produce consistent football all over the ground who learn the team way and spirit are easier to Coach than those with little ability." I think that next Season will be a beauty and expect G.W.S to be the big improver, Collingwood, with their loss of good players will fall away. Essendon players caught up in the drug scandal should be banned for 3 months.
Are we smiling LEW? Footiscray
Attachments
10.gif
10.gif (17.6 KiB) Viewed 2078 times

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 16, 2014, 1:16 pm

I'd be smiling at 3 months too downunder. I reckon that would be a sanction on the light side. Poor Michael Phelps recently got rubbed out for 6 months for just being arrested for driving while half cut.

The Bombers will be in the eight next year as litigation will delay any sanction until 2016 or possibly 2017. :(
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 16, 2014, 1:52 pm

I Bet you a coldie of your choice, Essendon will not finish in the eight at the end of the Season.
And to make it even more interesting, Carlton will finish on top of the Bumbers for a further coldie.
Come on G.T.put your money where your mouth is. We are the Navy Blues

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 16, 2014, 2:35 pm

Cooney has been on one leg since about 2010 GT. If you get 10 games a season out of him over the next 2 years you will do well. No loss to a young side but may add a bit of class to a side chasing a finals spot. The Captain, Griffen, said on the radio today that he had lost the passion for his $700,000 a year job chasing a bit of leather and getting the odd kick. He also missed half a season with injuries this year to. He can ++++ off.
I am disappointed losing Liam Jones to Carlton as he has plenty of ability and is only 24. He's the sort that may come out of his shell in a new environment after Footscray put 6 years into his development. He was outstanding in the VFL finals series this year,
Obviously our biggest bonus and no doubt biggest risk is the 19 year old, number 1 draft pick from last year, Tom Boyd, from GWS. A seven year $7 Million contract is pretty well unheard of for a bloke that has only played 9 games. The club has been spruiking about him wanting to be at Footscray BUT for that sort of money who wouldn't. Anyway risk and reward - nothing to lose and hopefully plenty to gain.
I'd like to see Gary Ayres or Mark 'Choco' Wiliams as the new coach.
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 27, 2014, 9:28 am

Not sure on this bet downunder. If a fair few of the Bombers players get rubbed out for 4 to 6 weeks, they ain't going to make the eight. I know Carlton ain't going to make the eight. Your coach gets in the way too much even if you had a good team which you don't.

I'm happy to bet the Blues won't make the eight, the Blues ninth is a draw and below ninth I win. Limited to a beer less than 800 baht. I don't want to risk the Sports Bar having to import some exotic Aussie beer for you at GT's expense.

I'm not coming to Udon this December January as I usually do. The Mrs is here in Auckland at present and returns to Udon soon. She's returning to NZ with my step-grandson in March. I don't want to add to my travel expenses by visiting Udon as I usually do at the farang New Year. Not sure when you could shout me. :D

Are you based in Udon?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 27, 2014, 2:31 pm

GT. Yes I live here in Udon, have since 2008, happily married to the love of my life. Had a bad start until I was able to get the ins and outs of some of the Issan Girls and what some of them are all about[MONEY].
I agree with you that Carlton will not make the Eight, as for the NEW Mick, he wont be in the way in as much as Hird and his supplements will impede the Cheaters. This is the Year of the Mick, last year of his contract, so he will be giving it everything he has got. Needless to say if the side does not improve I will be the first to want change.
Best to call the bet off until we know what is happening. Even if Essendon do not have any loss of games, Carlton will finish above them in season 2015

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 27, 2014, 4:20 pm

Remember when Melbourne Storm had to play a full season, but weren't awarded any points for the whole year after their scandal. Could be similar punishment for Essendon once they finally work out what they will do ??

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 27, 2014, 7:33 pm

That would be a good decision Aardy, Make the Cheaters pay. and it would be a good deterrent for any other Club to even contemplate trying to cheat. At first I thought of the players having to stand down because of the motives that Hird was hoping to give an illegal edge to his players. But now because of the way Essendon as a whole have behaved in drawing out this episode with complete and utter contempt, I hope that the most severe punishment be dealt out to the Essendon Football Club. Banish Hird for 5 years

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 7:47 pm

Hey downunder you are a Blues supporter the same as me, probably all share the same opinion about Mick but i will take you and GT on that the Blues will make the eight and probably just a little bit higher than that I will be pretty buddy thirsty by the time GT makes it back to UT so it will have to make it a big drink to quench my thirst.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 28, 2014, 7:27 am

One large Bottle of Leo says that the Blues will not make the eight.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 28, 2014, 7:52 am

Your on.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 29, 2014, 8:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCIh05y ... detailpage

Filmed entirely in Lygon Street Carlton

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 31, 2014, 3:02 pm

This ones for you GT

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 31, 2014, 5:53 pm

Macca,
I'll have a dozen ice cold cans of VB on the dogs finishing above both Carlton and Essendon next year. We have a kind draw and the word around the campfire at the DPH (Deep Park Hotel) tonight is that Lee Tudor will be appointed coach in the next week or so.
Carn the Scray.....
Bomber Thomapson is a dark horse for the coaching job if he ever gets around to paying his fine.
Watch Me!!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 31, 2014, 6:14 pm

Ok Lew your on as much as I dislike Mick I think this year they will play as team and not for the Nong Head they still have a lot pride.

Up the Navy Blues 555

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 31, 2014, 7:46 pm

Can I have a slice of that to Lew. Give Mick A good team and they all will benefit. You can not be a good coach if you do not have the players with the correct attitude. We are the Navy Blues

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 1, 2014, 5:05 am

Notice Collingwood play 14 games at the MCG next season, talk about being set up for success ....

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » November 1, 2014, 1:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:Notice Collingwood play 14 games at the MCG next season, talk about being set up for success ....
And apparently Carlton play 6 Friday night games in the first half of the season next year. The scuttlebutt is that channel 7 i.e. the organisation that run the game, want to be there the night that Mich gets sacked and explodes at the post match pressa with Mich Stevens.
The fixturing certainly looks after the big 4 Melbourne clubs Aadry but the idea of fair competition is secondary to the mighty dollar.
Downunder might have to make your dozen vics stubbies as I don't like the chances of getting a slab of cans in me backpack that's if I lose of course. I read somewhere that Macca 46 is a man of my own heart and partial to his vic ice cold from a can. Was a warm night in Melbourne last evening and I had made a bit of a dent into the slab i bought at the bottlo after the pub last night when I made the offer for the bet. Funny how some things don't look as sensible in the cold, sober light of day.
Watch Me!!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » November 1, 2014, 5:43 pm

Lew just make sure that they are on ice when you arrive back in UT at the end of next season 555

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 17, 2015, 11:41 am

Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this .... http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainmen ... 7186828188

Return to “World Sports”