The Masters

General sports news and discussions.
Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Sakhonnick » April 4, 2014, 11:59 am

OK Golfers and fellow guys who love The Masters

Who is your pick this year?

Rory, Phil, Adam, Matt Kutch, Dustin, Zach, Day, Garcia ??? think it will go right to the last putt, a birdie on 18 would be a good finish!!!

I enjoy watching The Open but you can not beat The Masters back 9 on a Sunday!!!!

1986 was the best!!!!

Let me know your top 4 picks

socksy
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by socksy » April 4, 2014, 12:58 pm

Henrick Stenson, Adam Scott, Justin Rose and McIlroy. I'm not bold enough to place them and would have gone for Mickelson but if he plays he may have injury problems.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by merchant seaman » April 4, 2014, 1:18 pm

Tiger missing the Mater's will surely have a negative effect on some of the excitment.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

GT93
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by GT93 » April 4, 2014, 2:29 pm

A right-hander, a good putter, a dull dresser and a womanizer. Bound to be one of these four since there are heaps of them.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Charlieb
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Charlieb » April 4, 2014, 4:10 pm

Vegas faces Masters betting decline without Woods
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-ce ... out-woods/

I think Matt Kuchar's name should be near the top. Last I heard Jason Day was also fighting injuries

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2014, 8:23 pm

Miguel Jimenez
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by 747man » April 4, 2014, 8:34 pm

Nick Faldo..

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 5, 2014, 4:30 am

Bubba Watson, has pretty good form only playing 8 games this year with 1 win and holding 5 place in the Fedex Cup.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Sakhonnick » April 5, 2014, 7:04 am

Garcia looks to be on top form, will it continue next week?

Dustin is struggling he was a fav of mine for the Masters

Kutch is also looking good!!

hard to pick one, Rory will be up there come Sunday

Galee
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Galee » April 5, 2014, 7:29 am

merchant seaman wrote:Tiger missing the Mater's will surely have a negative effect on some of the excitment.
From an American perspective, maybe. From a non-American perspective it's good news. Myself and the majority of my golfing mates can't stand the *****.

Galee
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Galee » April 5, 2014, 7:41 am

Sakhonnick wrote:Dustin is struggling he was a fav of mine for the Masters
Very difficult to pick a winner. Avoiding the obvious choices, I'd put my each way bet on the other Johnson. Zach. He's playing reasonably well at the moment and is a past winner there.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Sakhonnick » April 10, 2014, 9:13 am

Ok!! Todays the Day!!

My Top 4 Picks are

Adam, Rory, Matt Kutch, Dustin!!!

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Sakhonnick » April 10, 2014, 8:16 pm

Plenty bogies for the first few players, Cink leading -1

BigBubba
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by BigBubba » April 11, 2014, 10:16 am

2014 The Masters

Apr 10-13 - Augusta National - Augusta, Georgia, United States - Purse: $8,000,000

Leaderboard - Ongoing R1 R2 R3 R4 Total Thru 1
Bill Haas -4 – – – -4 18
Adam Scott -3 – – – -3 18
Bubba Watson -3 – – – -3 18
Louis Oosthuizen -3 – – – -3 18
K.J. Choi -2 – – – -2 18

Unfortunately, the final round LIVE telecast is 3AM Monday morning (Thai time) which just happens to be the first official night of Songkran. Will be difficult to hear the announcer over beat of thumping Thai music that most surely will go on all night. :cry:
Every day I wake up is a good day.

GT93
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by GT93 » April 11, 2014, 1:26 pm

I understand this is a thread for old men. Young people aren't into golf and the game is slowly dying. It has the same problems as cricket. People are too short of time to play or even watch. I wonder if the prize money and sponsorship opportunities are going to be drying up in the near future?

socksy
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by socksy » April 11, 2014, 1:40 pm

GT93 wrote:I understand this is a thread for old men. Young people aren't into golf and the game is slowly dying. It has the same problems as cricket. People are too short of time to play or even watch. I wonder if the prize money and sponsorship opportunities are going to be drying up in the near future?
Really - Golf is on no.8 in the list of Top 10 Sports in the World. It is believed as the highly big-ticket sport in the world of amusement. It needs expensive tools and a wide patch of earth superimposed with pleasant green goddess. A wide patch of earth or a ground, at several places get golf hole in which the participant has to drop a ball along golf stick with lower limit stocks. One has to select a ground or big place equipped with earthy beauty to delight with the game. Golf is a game that can be took on alone sans needing a mate. It’s a game where concentration is totally on single person’s intelligence – ones functioning in Golf isn’t determined by the resister’s. Golf trends are frequently uncommon still in prominent metropolises, a lot of people 1st test this game on an optional class called Mini Golf. Altho the Golf is took on on a regular basis just by the richest social class, masses enjoy to see golf. Golf owns the commemorate for a single sports person gaining the greatest sum of income of all time. Since 2010, Tiger Woods(The Champion of Golf) has gained approximately $900 million in his life history til now. He’s gained approximately $ninety million in 2010 from tournaments winnings and blurbs solely.

I think many youngsters would aspire to earn what Woods has earned.

www.top10hut.com/sports/top-10-sports-in-the-world

Add that to the increasingly popularity and skilled Asian female players on the LPGA tour.
Alba gu bràth

GT93
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by GT93 » April 11, 2014, 1:54 pm

Whatever you're smoking Socksy, it must be good. The ladies game might go the way of ladies tennis. I'm all for that. I enjoy looking at nice athletic legs.

For good or bad, golf doesn't fit with the time poor and technology oriented modern world. I'd fall off my chair if golf club memberships aren't declining. It's a great game if you're retired.

socksy
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by socksy » April 11, 2014, 2:31 pm

Well GT93 the statisticians on the link must be wrong. Love to watch Michelle Wie especially when she putts.
Alba gu bràth

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 11, 2014, 2:34 pm

GT93 wrote:I understand this is a thread for old men. Young people aren't into golf and the game is slowly dying. It has the same problems as cricket. People are too short of time to play or even watch. I wonder if the prize money and sponsorship opportunities are going to be drying up in the near future?
Whatever medication your on needs to be avoided. :confused:

Your right "Old Men" - the western world is currently retiring the 'baby boomers' with lots of spare time on their hands, money to spend and wanting exercise. Golf and it's sponsors are cashing in, the queue to join the PGA is huge with loads of young talent wanting to join the gravey train and you think it's DEAD??????????

How can anyone compare golf with cricket?
Can you name an individual sport which is going to replace golf over the longer term!!
X Games? Rollerskating? Hotdog bicycles? Marbles? Pocket billiards?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

GT93
udonmap.com

The Masters

Post by GT93 » April 11, 2014, 2:55 pm

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/2 ... arch-green

I reckon golf's slowly dying or becoming less popular. Middle class guys are more likely to go to the gym, go cycling or running, walking or play tennis. People have less time and technological oriented forms of recreation reduce free time further. May be sexy lady players will delay this decline on TV.

Speculating (as I live without a TV) I bet the ads on during the Masters are pitched at older white middle class male gits such as myself. It's a very stuffy sport out of touch with the world's drift to informality. I'm not saying that's bad, but just asserting it fits less and less with modern cultural values.

I'm not anti-golf. I have done more than my fair share of out of bounds slices with expletives. If middle class Chinese take to golf that might prolong its popularity. May be middle class anxiety about health (and golf's health benefits) might see it survive. I suspect not.

Return to “World Sports”