Parts for water pumps

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
tamada
udonmap.com

Parts for water pumps

Post by tamada » October 28, 2008, 4:50 pm

I have a couple of Hitachi water pumps that were working grand until someone decided to solve some short-cycling problems by removing the return spring on the check-valve mounted on top of the pump housing. I subscribe to the school of thought that if the manufacturer supplies it with a spring, then removing the spring isn't the way to solve any problems. Seems like the Thai way is to remove the spring and throw it away. All the documentation that comes with the pump is in Thai and I haven't had any success finding an English version on the internet.

Does anyone know of any Udon shops that stock replacement parts for Hitachi water pumps? I reckon these units are made in Thailand under licence so it's feasible that there's a supplier of spares. The regular stores like Home Mart, etc., only have new pumps, no spare parts.

Cheers!

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Re: Parts for water pumps

Post by lepidoptra » October 28, 2008, 6:34 pm

I don't know the name of the shop but coming from the direction of Big C and through the traffic lights where you would normally turn right to the complex continue straight along Phrosi Road for about 200 meters(just before the roundabout) there is a big shop on the right. We bought a Hitachi pump last year and they may have what you need.
Hope this helps

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » October 28, 2008, 6:35 pm

sorry on the left not the right

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 28, 2008, 6:58 pm

across the street also is a shop, maybe 1st one from the circle, guy speaks english, has parts. sorry, don't know name, a 2 bay shop.

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » October 28, 2008, 9:01 pm

laphanphon wrote:across the street also is a shop, maybe 1st one from the circle, guy speaks english, has parts. sorry, don't know name, a 2 bay shop.

Bought my pump there guy told me if i ever had a problem go & see him , can fix , supply parts etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2008, 9:35 am

You guys are good! Thanks for the leads. I will go check 'em out this morning while wife does her DL renewal. Actually, just after I posted, I checked the Hitachi Thailand website and they did an update since my last prowl and now list 3 service centers in Oodon Tanee; 1 on Phosi and 2 on Dutsadi so should get lucky this time.

Now just need to lock down the caps to stop these w*nkers tossing the springs away!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 29, 2008, 3:02 pm

Tamada,
I CAN'T FIND MY HITACHI OWNER'S MANUAL....but I remember when we installed our pump, there was a spring that we didn't install. It had something to do with the height or distance of the water source that you're pumping from. I can't remember. We didn't install it....and our pump has been working fine for 4 years.
My source for all things like pumps, lawn mowers, small electrical tools is the shop directly across from the Siam City Bank on the way to Makro. It's about 150 meters past the center circle....and across the street from what I believe is a fire station. One of the owners speaks excellent English.....their prices are always fair....and they repair what they sell. Before your reinstall a new pump and yank the spring, you might want to check on its purpose.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2008, 10:13 pm

It's not me that's yanking the spring but either the brother-in-law up here or the yard man at the Pattaya pile. The problem in Pattaya was low water in the well and a corroded foot valve whereas the Udon one starts short-cycling despite having full tanks on the supply side.

I also lost the plot a bit, it's Mitsubishi pumps I have, not Hitachi and after hitting the double-wide store on the left before the first roundabout on Phosi this morning and forking out 30 baht for the spring, I bled the system, replaced the spring, fired it up and all working perfectly again. The Mitsubishi pumps come with a Thai-only installation sheet so maybe the spring is optional depending on heads of water. However, I have one pump lifting from a well while the other takes it's supply from surface mounted tanks and both 'repairs' by locals have involved throwing away the springs so I guess they don't read the manuals either.

Oh well, that's one more 'honey-do' crossed off the list!

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”