Air Conditioner -- Best Retailer and Prices

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » July 13, 2015, 5:40 pm

My TGF has an AC unit that she tried in vain to have fixed few years ago.
So the unit has not been used in the last 2-3 years.
The compressor wasn t starting and when it did the control unit leaked.
So i decided to phone the number i had taken from UDONMAP FORUM.
She phoned Saterday morning and they said that they would come Monday morning.
This morning they phoned informing us that they would be arriving in 30 min.
He did. The technician checked and fixed the ac unit then went on
with his pressure washer to clean the unit and the compressor casing covered
with a thick coat of dust and soot..
Somphon Air Tel ..0868159302 did a great job.. The bill 700 B including the refill..
It took about an hour ,,, We will use their services for installing our next ac unit.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Well, your mileage may vary as far as Somphon is concerned. I for one can definitely NOT share your enthusiasm about him and would certainly NOT recommend him.

Based on the recommendations here my wife called him on Tuesday to come and service our units and he made an appointment for today. He didn't give us any time but said he was going to call back Saturday morning. At about 8.20 my wife saw she had a missed call. It turned out to be from Somphon. She called back and he said he was going to be at our home at 11.

As there was enough time we got ready quickly and rushed out to the talad because my wife needed to do some shopping for lunch. We hurried back home and at about 9.30 and my wife noticed that there had been another call from Somphon. She called back and he said that because we didn't answer the call he had sent his men out to do another job and would come to us at about 7 pm. When my wife pointed out to him that it was only 9.30 and our appointment was for 11, he made some vague excuse that had no rhyme or reason. :confused:

As we had only bought the things we really need and had rushed back so as not to be late for the appointment this really pi$$ed me off. Moreover, I didn't fancy having my units cleaned in the dark. So I told my wife to call him again and tell him not to bother to come at all as we were going to take our business elsewhere. :evil:

No more Somphon Air for me. Very unprofessional. [-X

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » March 12, 2016, 12:17 pm

We typically use Nimit and always with good results. Has also received good reviews on this thread:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p447837

My wife called yesterday for an appointment, but they're booked until the 20th. Can't wait that long so called Standard, which also has received good reviews. They're coming out on Monday.

Nimit 042 341-655

Standard Cooling 042 249-922

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 12, 2016, 12:52 pm

Well, we've been using Standard for years. Very professional and I've never had any reason for complaint. It is just because of the good reviews about Somphon on this topic, and the fact that we live around the corner from his shop that we decided to give him a try.
Of course we're back to Standard now. Actually, they're coming next Tuesday.
Lesson learnt: Never Change a Winning Team!

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”