Tesco Lotus Extra

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
fdimike
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by fdimike » May 2, 2013, 7:34 am

There is a new sign posted outside the old TL saying they will be upgrading the store to a Tesco Lotus Extra. We've shopped at the TL Extra in Ubon and found they have a much greater variety of food (to include imported items) and other goods in a much larger store. The upgarde will make a nice addition to the UT market as far as we're concerned.

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

fdimike
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by fdimike » June 3, 2013, 9:38 pm

Tesco Lotus has begun renovating their store which is located close to the Nong Khai highway into the "EXTRA" format. Work is expected to take 4 months and will result in a larger store with more variety.

747man
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by 747man » June 3, 2013, 9:54 pm

Just in time for The Christmas " Rush "

pompui
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by pompui » June 4, 2013, 1:40 am

Good news =D> ,now if only the local Government can finally resurface the whole road on either side of the highway in that area \:D/ Only a small section was done recently :cry:

lee
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by lee » June 4, 2013, 10:06 am

Are they actually increasing the size of the store or they just planning to cram more stuff in? I haven't seen any construction work going on outside.

The Tesco Lotus Extra in Khon Kaen is probably double the size of Udon's branch, it has a wider selection of goods, shops and restaurants. I can't see how they will convert an existing store into an 'Extra' unless it has the same properties as a Tardis.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by fdimike » June 4, 2013, 11:31 am

I believe they converted the store in Ubol Ratchathani into an Extra by incorporating some/all the back room stock area into the main store. I would suspect they will do the same here. This will give them the additional floor space required.

pompui
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by pompui » June 4, 2013, 4:50 pm

The last time I went,tried to park near the area where the car wash is and found a large restricted area so presumably this is the area for development :-k

fdimike
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by fdimike » June 4, 2013, 5:05 pm

You might be right. The EXTRA format is definitely much larger than what is there now. Quite frankly I didn't spend a lot of time in the newly converted store in Ubon but it appeared to be the same size outside as in the past (we have shopped there many times while visiting family).

pompui
udonmap.com

Tesco Lotus Extra

Post by pompui » June 7, 2013, 1:10 pm

Popped into the old Tesco Lotus this fine morning,they have been busy changing the inside format to presumably include the Lotus extra image,the fish/deli section will be closed for a full refurb and extended update from 1 June until 1 July. 8)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”