Garden Equipment

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Garden Equipment

Post by parrot » April 4, 2017, 7:09 pm

If you're looking for a reputable garden dealer who can arrange shipping to your home of most any type garden equipment, I suggest you try
Mr. Bob Manthey
Ruangsangthai Ltd.
114 Moo. 14 Buriram - Phutthaisong Highway 2074
Chum Het, Muang Buriram 31000
Thailand
(66) 044-666-484 ext 117 mobile 081-069-8324
https://goo.gl/maps/B3z6LtEMwq32
www.burirambuildersmerchants.com
Bob speaks perfect (as in PERFECT) English and can detail the specs of any piece of equipment you're interested in. While the business is in Buriram, they carry a wide assortment of gardening tools......quite unlike anything in Udon (unfortunately).
I have no personal/financial interest in the company, just trying to help out those who are frustrated with some of the gardening shopping opportunities in Udon.
I recently bought a Honda (authentic) lawnmower from them....weight about 70kilos.....cost to ship to my home in Udon 550 Baht.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Garden Equipment

Post by fatbob » April 5, 2017, 7:12 am

Tool-Pro sell honda lawn mowers with warranty, a bit hard if you have a problem to take it all the way back to Buriram.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 5, 2017, 8:47 am

just lugged a vintage heavy steel push mower in my suitcase all the way from the Land of the Long White Cloud...I think I have one arm longer than the other now, but couldnt trust the missus with a petrol job, and it save her money when I am back home downunder..

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 5, 2017, 9:57 am

maaka wrote:just lugged a vintage heavy steel push mower in my suitcase all the way from the Land of the Long White Cloud...I think I have one arm longer than the other now, but couldnt trust the missus with a petrol job, and it save her money when I am back home downunder..
maaka your a legend mate,
win win for her safety and the housing budget. =D>
Keep up the good work, man of my own heart.

I bought mine a Honda petrol job from the main roundabout in town but I insists she wears gumboots.
She's even learnt to balance the heavy whipper snipper on her shoulder. \:D/

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 5, 2017, 1:39 pm

Rodger that Barney
yes my missus can be abit clumpsy and forgetful at times, so mixing petrols or adding oils , even for our motorbikes, goes unchecked, so a push job mower will do her for now, and keep her fit and trim when I am not there... ;)
will progress to the motor job and the scrub bar in due course, maybe when the boy is a year or two older..

back to electric fencing idea now as drunk sister wants to sell me her little bull...

always thought of catching up with you Barney, but the moons have never aligned as yet

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 6, 2021, 9:58 am

There's something calming about calling Bob up after 4 years and asking if he had a replacement rear wheel for my 4 year old mower. He said, again, in PERFECT English, "If I don't have one in stock, I'll have one on order for you today." He had my phone number, address, and previous orders on file.....easy peasy.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 6, 2021, 6:34 pm

The "Honda" lawn mowers sold by Tool Pro do indeed have a Honda engine. However, the rest of the mower is of very poor quality. I also opted to buy a genuine Honda self-propelled lawn mower from Ruangsangthai Ltd in Buriram. I've bought several items from them as well all shipped to me here in udon at a more than reasonable charge. There is nothing in Udon to compare to what they have at Ruangsangthai Ltd. I've visited the store on 2 separate occasions and was truly amazed what they have available.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » April 8, 2021, 8:51 am

I second your opinion Mike. I bought one of the Sakahra, or something name like that, had a Honda engine. The throttle cable broke twice and after 6 years the self propelled drive broke. The mechanic at Tool Pro told me it would cost 7K to fix the drive and 3 months as the mower would be sent to BKK. On yours and Parrots recommendation, from previous post, I bought a Honda mower from Ruangsangthai Ltd in Buriram last year. The genuine Honda is light years better quality. I plan to take my new mower to Tool Pro for service. I did buy some OEM air filters on Aliexpress for $3 each. Regards

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 8, 2021, 9:02 am

You lot need to work a bit harder :lol: a mower lasting 6 years ? That's good going
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » April 8, 2021, 9:09 am

My brother-in-law back in the States has a genuine Honda, serviced yearly, that is 20 years old. It's a Honda.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 8, 2021, 10:03 am

colt1911 wrote:
April 8, 2021, 9:09 am
My brother-in-law back in the States has a genuine Honda, serviced yearly, that is 20 years old. It's a Honda.
I've murdered Honda mowers in less than one year :lol: ,I had an old ransome cylinder mover that was indistructable , circa 1975, cut beautifully but best suited to bowling greens. A bit of advice , anyone wanting a good lawn and wanting their mower to last you need a roller ,every time you hit a clod you hear the mower slow , its protected by a slip clutch but still puts stress on the machine, its the reason they shake themselves to bits and wheels fall off. And if you need a roller there are plenty of vids on the internet of how to build one very cheaply. Lawn care one of the most tedious jobs there is.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2021, 10:15 am

We bought a Raptor self propelled mower with a Briggs and Statton engine from Lazada nearly two years ago , cheap as chips . Less than 12,000 baht . Got probably a little under half a rai of grass , I wont call it a lawn cuz its not , not even close , but its green and its grass .
Anyways , best mower ive ever owned . Nice and light to use , never had to top up the oil , uses very little fuel , starts first time , every time . The only thing ive had to do was adjust the clutch cable after about a year , and the only thing i dont like about it is its only got a 19 inch cut , but the grass collection is brilliant , even if the grass is a little moist .;

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 8, 2021, 6:07 pm

I received my replacement wheel from Bob today. He's such a pleasure to do business with.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 22, 2021, 3:31 pm

Okay, bit of a delay in posting as I wanted my full experience of Ruangsangthai Ltd to have happened.

My mower had broken a cover about a day before Parrot resurrected this thread & I was pondering where to get a replacement so decided to try Ruangsangthai Ltd.
I know he speaks English but I didn’t know the name of the part or how to explain it so decided to use the Facebook Messenger link on the website so I could send pictures.
It was sent early morning & the message wasn’t opened at all that day so I was losing hope.
Next morning I get a reply from Bob nice & early & we got into dialogue identifying the part. Who knew there were so many different engine & chassis configurations all seemingly using the same model number. He didn’t stock it but sourced a supply in Bangkok, said he’d get two (one for his stock & one for me) & get them delivered to him & then forward to me.
He said he’d use Flash but I grumbled about the poor service so he said he’d use Kerry.
Unfortunately before it was delivered we hit Songkran so I waited until Monday the 19th before chasing. Bob was really apologetic & said he was also missing other deliveries from Bangkok because of the Songkran backlog. He chased up the supplier & got the parts delivered to him yesterday, Wednesday 21st. He sent me a Kerry tracking number yesterday evening & the part was delivered to me at 10am this morning.

All in all a very good experience. I won’t hesitate using them again in the future
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 11, 2021, 10:12 pm

parrot wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:58 am
There's something calming about calling Bob up after 4 years and asking if he had a replacement rear wheel for my 4 year old mower. He said, again, in PERFECT English, "If I don't have one in stock, I'll have one on order for you today." He had my phone number, address, and previous orders on file.....easy peasy.
If you or anyone else is interested, Bob has retired
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”